Deep wilds mounts

Is this for real? They are not even new mount skins! There is exo suit , exalted, the same style mounts we have had for a while. This is a major disappointment , you kept this under wraps all this time because few people would have dropped the gems for these. Just about everyone expected a new line of mounts. I wish i could get a refund.  As others are posting on reddit and youtube these are just recycled skins from other mount sets wth! you gave us this big mystery new mount licenses called deep wilds and no new mounts, maybe the skimmer but thats it.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 6

A few are continuations of skins, like the dark mist or exalted, but there are new skins as well.  It was buy at your own risk.  Overall I like them, the new skimmers are fun, I like the dark matter raptor, and I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy the new shiba skin and the two griffons.  Better luck next time.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

A few are continuations of skins, like the dark mist or exalted, but there are new skins as well.  It was buy at your own risk.  Overall I like them, the new skimmers are fun, I like the dark matter raptor, and I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy the new shiba skin and the two griffons.  Better luck next time.

Hell of a way to do business, hide the mount skins till the day of release because many people wont buy them since they are recycled. Im not alone here the disappointment is coming out on other gw2 content sites. That was a sleezy thing to do make it seem like they were some new collection, when they really are not. I dropped money on this not freaking gold.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

This isn't new, it's been going on as long as there's been mount licences. For example the original (purely random) adoption licence had space skins for the jackal and griffon, then the Istani Isles licence (the next set to be released) had a space skin for the skimmer, the Desert Racer licence had a space raptor, Exotic Breeds licence had a roller beetle, Distant Lands had a springer and Lost Era had a skyscale and New Horizons had a warclaw.

At one point I tried to keep track of all the themes/sets/patterns whatever you want to call them that were available from different licences but it got too complicated as more came out. If anyone was expecting all the mounts in this licence to be entirely original with no patterns that had previously appeared on other mounts they haven't been paying attention to the skins already available.

Edit: In fact my big disappointment with this licence is that it doesn't include a primeval warclaw or skyscale, I've been waiting for those two to finish the set.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Why would you expect any different OP? The mount licenses have always been an amalgamation of already existing skin types, and a few new models/skins as the 'chase' skins. The purpose for this is obvious, as the base license is RNG based so they must have filler. We're luck that when the first of these license collections dropped, the backlash over them being RNG exclusive was enough to force Anet to make the select license for those who only want a specific skin.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Hell of a way to do business, hide the mount skins till the day of release because many people wont buy them since they are recycled. Im not alone here the disappointment is coming out on other gw2 content sites. That was a sleezy thing to do make it seem like they were some new collection, when they really are not. I dropped money on this not freaking gold.

I meaaan... definitely keep blindly paying for whatever mysterious package is available and then I'm sure the companies will stop doing it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Exo-suit warclaw is not a reskin, the only thing reused on that is the skeleton of the model. It looks like the guildrider warclaw skeleton is shared with tundra grimalkin as well (which was totally new appearance-wise last time).

edit:  Aurene's Prismatic Griffon is not a reskin either , Alluring Devilfish  is not a reskin as far as I am aware , Great Lavashell (is likely new), Kintsugi Raptor  , nor is Exalted Way Seeker. The themes are sometimes rehashed to complete a set.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Is this for real? They are not even new mount skins! There is exo suit , exalted, the same style mounts we have had for a while. This is a major disappointment , you kept this under wraps all this time because few people would have dropped the gems for these. Just about everyone expected a new line of mounts. I wish i could get a refund.  As others are posting on reddit and youtube these are just recycled skins from other mount sets wth! you gave us this big mystery new mount licenses called deep wilds and no new mounts, maybe the skimmer but thats it.

Been saying this since these licenses came out.

They're a scam.  It's stupid that it's cheaper to buy the whole set than a choice of 3 or 5 in most cases and the whole set costs $50-$100.

It's also pretty crap that they include skins from other sets.  What should have happened is  set 1 contains original 4+griffon then another set with Warclaw, Skyscale, and Rollerbeetle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

2 hours ago, Substance E.4852 said:

You can right click on mount licenses in the store interface and it will let you preview what's in the pack

The lottery box's are kitten but they aren't a total scam either

We couldn't right click this time, because this mount pack wasn't out and we didn't have the code for it. Not till today. But the price of the drop goes up each week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can't decide what to get, but in my case it's because there's several I like and I don't know which to choose. Especially since I've got the older licences to pick from as well. I'm thinking about the Glaucus skimmer or Taiga Lupine jackal, but then I could get the similar shaped ones from the Lost Era licence, so it comes down to which pattern I like best.

I'm also tempted by the Dark Matter raptor but it's quite similar to several other raptors I've got so I probably shouldn't get that. I like the darkmist mounts too, but that effect on a skyscale might be a bit much.

(I know I'll be able to get more later when the licences are available directly, but I don't like enough to justify buying the full set and I only buy select licences when they're discounted because I think they're too expensive normally so that could be a long wait. Or it might turn out by then I've lost interest in some of them.)

9 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Exo-suit warclaw is not a reskin, the only thing reused on that is the skeleton of the model. It looks like the guildrider warclaw skeleton is shared with tundra grimalkin as well (which was totally new appearance-wise last time).

edit:  Aurene's Prismatic Griffon is not a reskin either , Alluring Devilfish  is not a reskin as far as I am aware , Great Lavashell (is likely new), Kintsugi Raptor  , nor is Exalted Way Seeker. The themes are sometimes rehashed to complete a set.

I think the OP is complaining about mounts with the same theme or pattern that's been used on other mounts previously, rather than ones that are the same shape as other skins for that mount.

For example they mentioned the Exo-suit warclaw as one of the problematic ones. There's never been an exo-suit warclaw before and you're right that it's not the same shape as any other warclaw, but I think the OP's problem is that there have been other exo-suit mounts before so it's not a completely original design.

But as discussed some people like that, they want to get matching sets, either for the ones sold in 5-packs like the exo-suit mounts or for themes which have only been in the random and select licences like the exalted or kintsugi mounts. There's probably other players who don't like that theme on one mount but do like it on another.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I paid 2k gems, and afaik the stuff available in the drop far exceeds those 2k gems. If you only bought it for the unrevealed Mount Select License, then I do have to wonder  why you didn't wait for it to cycle into the gem market place on its own -- mount select licenses are 1.2k gems after all, so it would have been cheaper. I think the Backpack/Glider Combo and the other "select your mount select license" already exceed (or meet) the 2k gems.

That was the thing I considered before buying the pack -- if I am unhappy with all the unrevealed mount skins, will it still be worth it for me? And since it was, I dropped the money on the package.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Ended up with the lucent longear, from the random license choice, and picked the dark matter raptor.  I really like both, and they happen to work well with one of my character's aesthetics.  Lol honestly I had trouble choosing just because I like most of them, not really a bad choice among the lot...no lip cats lol.  OP's disgruntlement with the selection or with their choice of buying before seeing an item is unfortunate, however the majority of licenses have at least one skin that is part of a set...so it's not anything new and not sure why one would expect otherwise.  I do hope everyone finds at least one that they enjoy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Ended up with the lucent longear, from the random license choice, and picked the dark matter raptor.  I really like both, and they happen to work well with one of my character's aesthetics.  Lol honestly I had trouble choosing just because I like most of them, not really a bad choice among the lot...no lip cats lol.  OP's disgruntlement with the selection or with their choice of buying before seeing an item is unfortunate, however the majority of licenses have at least one skin that is part of a set...so it's not anything new and not sure why one would expect otherwise.  I do hope everyone finds at least one that they enjoy!

Hey, I bought the striped lip cat!  Lol...seriously, I didn't find the lips to be overly large as everyone complained about before.  I already have a unique mount for all other mount types, but since I play WvW primarily, decided I would collect all the cat mounts for WvW...I like them better than anything based off the original warclaw design.  I don't want to be all shiny/glowy in WvW...as a healer I don't need to draw any more attention from the reds!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Hey, I bought the striped lip cat!  Lol...seriously, I didn't find the lips to be overly large as everyone complained about before.  I already have a unique mount for all other mount types, but since I play WvW primarily, decided I would collect all the cat mounts for WvW...I like them better than anything based off the original warclaw design.  I don't want to be all shiny/glowy in WvW...as a healer I don't need to draw any more attention from the reds!

Lol I've seen lip cat looking alright in wvw...I even some people out there boldly riding the pegagriffacorn out in the world.  Also prefer a less flashy mount for wvw and absolutely with you being a healer ❤️.  Every mount finds a home.

• Like 2