why are we punished for burn out?

trunks.5249

i have been playing ranked so much i got burn out so decided to do the 4 winds while its on. i log in after a few days and my rank went down so i am forced to pvp so decay doesn't happen.. anet just putting it out there burn out leads to taking  huge breaks months even years at a time in turn leads you to lose money because i am not there to buy new skins when they come out

4 hours ago, trunks.5249 said:

i have been playing ranked so much i got burn out so decided to do the 4 winds while its on. i log in after a few days and my rank went down so i am forced to pvp so decay doesn't happen.. anet just putting it out there burn out leads to taking  huge breaks months even years at a time in turn leads you to lose money because i am not there to buy new skins when they come out

You get at max 700 decay, each game will give 100+- the rating you gain/loose you need at max 7 games in 3 days that decay is gone

After 72 hours the decay starts each day 100

Edited by Avatar.3568

4 hours ago, trunks.5249 said:

As people said, the decay system is super forgiving and simply there so that players don't just sit on their rank because they got lucky and are scared of losing now. Also, I highly doubt Anet is worried about losing money from one of the 20 remaining PvP players out there.

• Like 1

Decay doesn't do anything but keep you from AFKing the Leaderboard. The moment you start playing, you're still paired against what you should normally be, you're not gaining your pts back when you come back, you're just proving that you can stay at that level to which if you're winning or losing will dictate your current deserved position at the same time the more decay you take away.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 3

U get max 700 decay. U lose 100 decay with every ranked played.

if u are 1500 and have 300 decay, means u need to play 3 games and ur rating will be 1500 +/- the rating u got from 3 games

the 300 decay is only for leaderboard, so #1 player cant stay there whole season without playing a single game for 1 month

• Like 1