Blocked attack in stealth

Valik Shin.9027

7 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

So, now it’s two players in stealth? You sure it wasn’t three? I can promise you, one player did not spam 11 backstabs from stealth (or any attacks for that matter) in three seconds.

Then we should change stealth ,so those 2-3 players get reveled , rather than staying  in stealth !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Solitude.2097 said:

Then we should change stealth ,so those 2-3 players get reveled , rather than staying  in stealth !

I’d recommend learning to play within the same confines that the rest of us have learned to play in over the last nine  years. If an attack is blocked or evaded the back stab (which is skill #1 for Thief regardless of weapon) goes on cooldown. Understand that while all of this is happening, stealth is ticking down. Missing or having an attack blocked while in stealth already presents a detrimental condition for the Thief.

I’m just shocked that people are still crying about stealth all of these years later. Perhaps it’s new players coming to the game…

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

So, now it’s two players in stealth? You sure it wasn’t three? I can promise you, one player did not spam 11 backstabs from stealth (or any attacks for that matter) in three seconds.

Did I say it was a backstab? And you said I person could hit 10 times in 3 second. That the only other option I'm aware of. I think you underestimate how bad some of these thief players are that they wouldn't just spam into a shield stance 

Edited by Valik Shin.9027
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Did I say it was a backstab?

Okay, so what was it? There is literally no attack that a Thief can use on you 11 times in the space of 3 seconds. If it was something other than a sneak attack, they don’t have the initiative to attack you 11 times using it. Not to mention, which attack is it that hit you the 11th time for 6k damage?

Outside of maybe using a Heartseeker from stealth in order to finish a low-health target, in 90% of scenarios, a Thief is going to be using their #1 skill as that is the skill that benefits most from attacking from stealth.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I’d recommend learning to play within the same confines that the rest of us have learned to play in over the last nine  years. If an attack is blocked or evaded the back stab (which is skill #1 for Thief regardless of weapon) goes on cooldown. Understand that while all of this is happening, stealth is ticking down. Missing or having an attack blocked while in stealth already presents a detrimental condition for the Thief.

I’m just shocked that people are still crying about stealth all of these years later. Perhaps it’s new players coming to the game…

We could create the same system as other games , where a calculated block , creates  a kind of mini game , between the 2 chest pieces .

Or for 3 sec you can hardly see it's silluete

The theif can still keep the Steal>remove aegis , but general stealth across the board , lacks a mini game component (same as conditions)

Edited by Solitude.2097

21 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

We could create the same system as other games , where a calculated block , creates  a kind of mini game , between the 2 chest pieces .

Or for 3 sec you can hardly see it's silluete

The theif can still keep the Steal>remove aegis , but general stealth across the board , lacks a mini game component (same as conditions)

I highly doubt that Anet will go to this length to address this.

3 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Okay, so what was it? There is literally no attack that a Thief can use on you 11 times in the space of 3 seconds. If it was something other than a sneak attack, they don’t have the initiative to attack you 11 times using it. Not to mention, which attack is it that hit you the 11th time for 6k damage?

Outside of maybe using a Heartseeker from stealth in order to finish a low-health target, in 90% of scenarios, a Thief is going to be using their #1 skill as that is the skill that benefits most from attacking from stealth.

Unload?

20 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

That was the pistol stealth attack that you blocked. Aegis will sometimes block entire skills even if its multiple hits. Or if you did a skill block.

But OP claims that he got hit for 6k. From pistol? I am actually surprised. What build did OP and the thief have then?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cynz.9437 said:

But OP claims that he got hit for 6k. From pistol? I am actually surprised. What build did OP and the thief have then?

Prolly Daredevil with critical strikes, the trait that increases damage + missing endurance bar % damage runes maruder or zerkers + exploitation weapon runes the guy prolly had vul on him too. I can manage 3-5k normally in maruders so could imagine if a thief went full dps in the right situation 6k is possible. 11k Is possible from wars mind you.

On 9/20/2021 at 4:16 AM, crewthief.8649 said:

Not from stealth you haven’t. You’re straight up exaggerating (a lot). No need to lie, because you’re communicating to people who know better. By the way, I’m a Warrior main, so you’re wrong that I am biased. I’m just giving you 100% facts. You post a whine thread, and then get incensed when people present you with facts within the thread..

*EDIT* The more I think about this, the more irritated I get. Shield Stance last 3 seconds, you assert that you have been hit 11 times (with the last one connecting) during its duration. Why would you lie this blatantly? What you claim is literally impossible. Seriously, dude… Besides, any Thief at gold or above is going to Steal the second they see that shield go up (provided it isn’t on cooldown). 

I mean I guess it's posible if thief stealths and then uses the warr stolen skill on a block. Still kinda BS, I think the 1s ICD on stealth skills is more than enough, half the time you miss you dont get a second chance

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 3:58 PM, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Did I say it was a backstab? And you said I person could hit 10 times in 3 second. That the only other option I'm aware of. I think you underestimate how bad some of these thief players are that they wouldn't just spam into a shield stance 

So you're complaining on a bad spamming thief.. you have to be realy terrible in this game 

On 9/19/2021 at 8:09 AM, Valik Shin.9027 said:

I find it completely ridiculous that blocked attacks don't reveal the attacker. You can  just spam into a blocking ability and have no penalty. I think if a player is block they should still be reveled. 

If they didn't fix this at the initial launch of the game when actual professional gamers were telling them to fix stealth then they are not going to fix it now.  They lost esports over stealth, horrible balance and particle effects at launch.  It is no surprise to what the state of the game is now especially considering they lost the original balance team from Guild Wars 1 roughly around the same time the mass exodus happened (3 months after launch).

On 9/19/2021 at 8:14 AM, Terrorsquad.2349 said:

I find it completely ridiculous that a player can block attacks from something he can't see. I think if a player is in stealth, he can attack through blocks.

I find it completely ridiculous that a player can be in my face or walk directly in front of me without me seeing him.  Even in hyper fantasy settings there are silhouettes or shimmers at the least and auto reveal if you walk into the field of vision (200 degrees field of view) in most.  It is a horribly implemented machinic in this game.