Is it true there is a lot of bots in the sPvP?

Orpheus.7891

21 hours ago, Orpheus.7891 said:

I've been asking around and a lot of people are complaining about the bots in the sPvP, how true is this? What exactly is going on and why are people botting?

You can mostly see them at the start of a season when ranks are in question, after a couple of weeks tho they tend to drop to low ranks (bronze/silver) rearly seen in gold and up because they are bad and they are  just there to farm the rewards. 

4 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

It really depends , at least in my experience there has been not that many. I think in lower ranked matches they are more common.

As someone said above, bigger problem are the toxic people. I may had no bots recently but I had quite some people either or my or opponent team just afking out of anger or rage quitting the matches

I used to be super toxic when the mode had a healthy population, haha. I'm way nicer now in-game on my main (banned on forum lol) because ppl on that tier dont really talk much and just get stuff done. 

But right now, it's the meta that bothers me and the declining population. PvP mapchat full of political BS and strange ppl on "something". Also the AFKers and entitled quitters annoy me. 

I've literally stopped Qing and will do so once we have access to the beta builds. Right now, I log on and do weird random stuff like fight Ossa and Liadri on core naked since I have over 150 tickets left. Or fight them on core with a goal of having 90%+ HP. Just stuff that keeps me challenged and exercise dexterity. I've beaten them on core guard, engie, ele, warrior. PVE is a breeze when you do tons of pvp and I dont mean that as elitist but reaction times and timing plays a huge role. 

I do admire guys like Vallun (his voice is so calming) and the Ele streamers I've mentioned on a different post. 

Pvp was my passion and it excited me. Now, it's drying up fast. Im also looking forward to other games like New World etc. 

2 hours ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

The problem isn't players behaving like a bot because of movements pattern. Bots has a very predictable way of think and move. If you have full of regen and protection build, you can pass the entire match face tanking one of the bots and it will never quit or run out of the battle against you. You can even bug the bot in someplaces.

problem is that some players play this way. I know it sounds off but they are, and I bet 90% of the players you thought are bot, are actually player that are simply not good, or just dont care and are having fun. I lost plenty of fights knowing I cant win, respawned and went back at it just for practice and fun, same applies to other people.
Thief might chase you all game not due to being a bot but for practice and fun.
Unless you see something stupid as getting stuck on kiting spot, or someone walking away the moment you jump on a box you cant confirm a bot. because people ACTUALLY play like bots, sad reality

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
grammar

1 hour ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

problem is that some players play this way. I know it sounds off but they are, and I bet 90% of the players you thought are bot, are actually player that are simply not good, or just dont care and are having fun. I lost plenty of fights knowing I cant win, respawned and went back at it just for practice and fun, same applies to other people.
Thief might chase you all game not due to being a bot but for practice and fun.
Unless you see something stupid as getting stuck on kiting spot, or someone walking away the moment you jump on a box you cant confirm a bot. because people ACTUALLY play like bots, sad reality

This can be a option, but sometimes it doesn't. You can confirm it @Leonidrex.5649, just acknowledge the ones that you see  every  match and try to catch them on a High Place, they will keep running like those afks on a wall that we have on WvW for farming PiPs and those bot will never reach you because they doesn't know how to reach you. If it's a human, he will just try to reach you, if he can't, he will go away from you and try to do other things on the matchs, but the bot will be there the entire match, it's sad. You can even type /sit hehehe. This approach is like what we do with the Supervisor on a WvW camp after we kill everything and it has the buff of time, we jump on the supply box and the supervisor will try to hit you and it can't, but it will be the entire day trying to hitting you, even that has someone near him.

You can distinguish a bad player from a bot. Sometimes even me do bad things on a game, there was one match that I was so bored, was my first match of the day and I forget the weapon swap, I passed all the match with just  one weapon setup. Just at the end when was everything lost that I remember the other weapon. But is rare situation.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 10:29 AM, Orpheus.7891 said:

I've been asking around and a lot of people are complaining about the bots in the sPvP, how true is this? What exactly is going on and why are people botting?

from my experience lately its mostly people accusing people of being bots when they are losing. i have been playing for years i can tell when its just a team that  just is not working together well

On 9/20/2021 at 11:20 PM, trunks.5249 said:

from my experience lately its mostly people accusing people of being bots when they are losing. i have been playing for years i can tell when its just a team that  just is not working together well

I've been called a bot several times. I even got called being a bot in unranked. xD The other team were better, and we sucked for that match. Some people doesn't understand that. x)

Sometimes, when I go to unranked for some reason, I find teammates who are so so bad, that I think they are bots but they just end up being pve players. 

Also, I almost never hear anyone complain that the enemy is a bot. It's always how your teammates are bots. I find that curious. 

i just wish they do something about them. because I have seen so many as base guards or minion necros always in base gear skins that just feed/insta die when someone looks at them, I would not be surprised they are all similar mac addressed/ip from same country or something. they litter lower rank some times from gold 1 down its annoying to get matches with more then 2 because I just feel I am wasting my time. heck Wednesday I had 2 running into walls on djinn map just reported them cause 1 was hiding in a corner walking in a wall other was just going right out start into first building.

idk maybe we need something to make the bots not able to play or something its just getting annoying idk I just want get this last legendary armor done got 3 parts to go.

Edited by ZerotheFang.5890

On 9/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, Exile.8160 said:

You can mostly see them at the start of a season when ranks are in question, after a couple of weeks tho they tend to drop to low ranks (bronze/silver) rearly seen in gold and up because they are bad and they are  just there to farm the rewards. 

I see them most of the times in gold. Funny as hell when you see a teef, and a mesmer follows the same path.

• Haha 1

Yes there aren't that much bots in the game at least we can't say for sure that they are bots.

What we have is a lot of silent players which may or maybe not be bots in anyway they make it easy for the bots to hide if they are there and good programmed.

The one problem is the low interaction of players while it is a team mode this makes it easy for bots.

After this when you are looking into this topic it goes really difficult. Bots became a stable in all online games and none can ban them effectively because they create simply new ACs . Even identifying bots becomes harder and harder . There was actually a piece of hardware which plug in as mouse + keyboard and monitor which using openAI to run a bot which is virtually undetectable.(they got sued and shutdown).

There is a limited way to solve this the first is don't take things to serious which in this case means reducing the amount of gold you can farm. 

The other is more human interaction basically forcing the players to chat a bit before the round. Something like choose your class like in LOL

And  there is the method of limiting the access e.g ranked only for people with add-on or/and getting rank point only the the end of Platinum and then only getting points in ATs

If you hang in heart of the mists during downtimes you'll see plenty of these bots. They usually wear base character creation gear, they are paired because they duo queue and they have the same looping behaviour of taking a waypoint and then running to an isolated place of the lobby where they stack by at least 2. They wait here for their next match. Those are the most obvious to spot, they usually play core guard or core necro.

Then there are the scourges and mirages bots, which I don't think operate the same AI as the previous ones and use geared characters. You can spot them in combat through their behaviour, but you may also encounter a regular bad player. 

As far as my observations go there are at least two kind of bots with their respective behaviours patterns, the best way to detect one is to add them to your friend list and see if they have an absurd amount of matches played. 

One last thing, it's pretty easy to find how to operate such bots just by googling it. It's up to Anet to take measures to adress this, and players who deny their existence are either playing in high divisions or are blindfolded.