DX 11 Beta not working How can i turn it off again?

Nevra.5489

Hi - same issue.

Game crashes after "setting directx 11 beta" option in "F11" panel at character selection screen.

Setting commandline "-dx9single" doesn't override "directx 11 beta" selection, is there another command line option to unset the directx 11 beta??

Would like to continue playing the game.

cheers!

4 minutes ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

Star the game with -dx9 in the command line, then disable the DX11 setting in options and restart without the command.

To try the game with dx11 without enabling the setting, start the game with -dx11 in the command line.

nice it worked with the -dx9 to get in and uncheck the box thx

deleted my addons then: 

part 1: first 4 attempts.... game crashed before the character screen came up

part 2: next few attempts... got an error message from just correctly entering my password... no authentication code, just error message.

part 3: did -repair, fixed part 2

EDIT 1:

part4 : -dx9 it and disable dx11 renderer beta

part 5: -dx11

EDIT2:

so, part 4 works just fine and lets me in

part 5... well DX11 GW2 does not work on my system. it crashes before the character screen loads. mostly a black screen with a short character description of one character in super large type. and the ANET crash report box. (all addons deleted and precision x1 turned off or on doesn't matter. (i thought maybe the overlay was affecting it, but nope.)

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281

23 minutes ago, Hexxat.4201 said:

I can't even open GW2 anymore after the update. What do I do?

I've got the same problem on my new computer. Launcher initialises, then shuts down again after a moment or two.

Been having issues with needing to repair integrity, so I thought I'd try uninstalling and doing a clean install. Nope, installer has the same problem.

My 2015 laptop was able to grab the update fine, but with its failing CPU fan, old-style hard drive, and multi-minute load times for zone transitions, it's hardly an ideal gaming rig...

Edited by draxynnic.3719

21 minutes ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

deleted my addons then: 

part 1: first 4 attempts.... game crashed before the character screen came up

part 2: next few attempts... got an error message from just correctly entering my password... no authentication code, just error message.

part 3: did -repair, fixed part 2

EDIT 1:

part4 : -dx9 it and disable dx11 renderer beta

part 5: -dx11

does part 5 crash the game or actually work ?

part5 also crashes for me.

i tried with dxvk, still crashes.

Edited by Winderly.2718

Yeah. I have UI bugs at the loading screen (where the name of the map would be also on the char selection) - I guess my computer is just too old lol. Barely could run it with DX9 and I thought DX11 would bring more performance (with same hardware) ... not requiring more hardware.

Might also be bugs or because it is beta. At least I could start it ... stuck at the loading screen now. I'll try to kill gw2.exe and using the command line for DX9 again as explained by others above.

Edit: Worked with -dx9

Edited by Luthan.5236

18 minutes ago, Winderly.2718 said:

does part 5 crash the game or actually work ?

part5 also crashes for me.

i tried with dxvk, still crashes.

i just edited the old post, but to answer your Q..  NO... :(

-dx11 doesn't work on my rig. and i won't know why unless anet finds something in the crash report AND tells me how to fix it... i wonder if there's something running on my rig that's causing it, or if it's just a coding issue, or if it has something to do with it being an old rig ( i7-4930k with 32G Ram and 2 RTX 2070s in SLI ) and yes, the drivers are up to date, and GW2 has an SLI profile in the drivers.

I am running GW2 on a Ryzen 5 3600 b450 chip set 16GB ram and on my old rig at work with a gtx760. When I first restarted client after enabling DX11 Beta it ran all the way to LA on my main char and crashed to desktop no crash report generated just straight to desktop in about 3min after logging in. Also FPS was lock at 30 even tho I had vsync and limiter off. Re logged in to GW2 to LA and ran around LA for 15 min no crash but FPS was still locked at 30. No add-on running. Afterburner overlay was running. I am assuming my FPS was locked because of the age of my GTX760 but not sure.