Please 🙏 make a F3 skill to LOCK the current skill bar without flipovers [Vindicator]

Kidel.2057

The community feedback is unanimous on the fact that Alliance skills are bad, and the F2 mechanic is terrible to manage and doesn't solve the fact that skills are situational and need to be swapped accordingly.

Despite the general negativity on how the spec performs, I love the concept and the artstyle. Please make it good and fun to play too. 

Some people are suggesting to make F2 into a full swap between Saint Viktor and Archemorus. In my opinion that's not a good idea. It would be just a second legend swap, that we already have on the base legends. 

My suggestion is to: 
1. change F2 to be only Energy Meld (even on Legendary Alliance). 
2. make a new Alliance Tactics on F3 and change the effect to "disable flipover and keep the current skillbar"
3. remove the cooldowns on Legendary Alliance skills (except the healing, of course)
4. replace Leviathan Strength with a damage modifier (+15% damage with Vigor?)
5. add a hard CC to Nomad's Advance or Spear of Archemorus (last but not least)

Another cool idea is to Make F3 a loadout reset, default to Archemorus. Can be changed to default St. Viktor via traits. This would also fix the loadout reset on down state/map change (it would just be a feature and not a bug). 

F3 can give cool effects with core legends (similar to Facet of Nature upkeep). 

Now that we're here, make the dodge faster so that it's not a hard dps loss, add some CC in the utilities/elites, delete Urn of Saint Viktor from this timeline🤖

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Like 12
  • Confused 1

I think the Grandmaster traits should be reworked to give players the choice of which bar they want to be locked into, if you pick Archemorus's bar you get his specialized damage leap, if you pick Viktor's bar you get his specialized support leap, if you pick middle option you get whatever this current iteration is supposed to be

This solves both the issue of the Grandmaster traits being very underwhelming and the issue of the whole spec feeling like a disjointed mess, they could even turn the F2 skills into something more interesting if you're locked into Archie or Viktor

Two legends in one was a neat idea but I don't think its ever going to work or feel good, if people really want to play with GS then they'll just run Shiro/Jalis and forget all about this shared legend

edit: fully agree on the need for a hard CC btw

Edited by morsdood.1987
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, morsdood.1987 said:

Two legends in one was a neat idea but I don't think its ever going to work or feel good, if people really want to play with GS then they'll just run Shiro/Jalis and forget all about this shared legend

I’ll be playing with GS and Alliance/Shiro or smthing supporty, but with Alliance 100%

Lockout is not the answer.  The only flipping that needs to be done is through F2.  Skill use should not flip over skills period.

i can see some value in it, such as Arch rush to, and the Saint evade.  But the rest of the flipping is too much. 

An F3 lock out is not needed.

Edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682

5 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

Do away with the lock, just keep the legend and pick which utilities to use so you can have a mix of support/offense.

Approved. This is the best option. The new vindicator mechanic can simply be a legend that allows you to actually choose your utilities.

Heals and stunbreaks are kind of "whatever", but for the other two utilities and the elite you will likely VASTLY prefer to have one over the other depending on the game mode and role. Locking you into the opposite skill, then requiring you to use every other useful skill, then a cast time to fix it... what grief.

Imo make the entire skillset flip upon a skill use. What i mean is that:

You use uhmm orange dude healing skill. All utilities now swap to blue dude. Orange heal skill goes on cd and countdown (that rule apply to all cd skills which hopefully they remove). If u use healing ability or even say elite , utilities revert back to orange guy skillset.

This adds depths as whole and lets you make interesting gameplay choices dramatically raising skill cap. Thast mechanic is in another game already working pretty well unlike this... thing.

https://youtu.be/kL-s6X-v6b0?t=144

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Imo make the entire skillset flip upon a skill use. What i mean is that:

You use uhmm orange dude healing skill. All utilities now swap to blue dude. Orange heal skill goes on cd and countdown (that rule apply to all cd skills which hopefully they remove). If u use healing ability or even say elite , utilities revert back to orange guy skillset.

This adds depths as whole and lets you make interesting gameplay choices dramatically raising skill cap. Thast mechanic is in another game already working pretty well unlike this... thing.

https://youtu.be/kL-s6X-v6b0?t=144

Yeah, Here I've suggested something similar (basically you reset to Archemorus by default on F3, with 1 trait you can pick to make St.Viktor the default one, and maybe trade Power for Healing): 

10 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

But what F3 will do if u wont use legendary duo of nonames?

It can simply have another effect when you're using a Core legend. And that effect can depend on the trait that gives you the "default" loadout. 

There are so many things that this spec misses that it's not hard to find something useful. 

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Loules.8601 said:

I think that it have pretty marvellous animation and art, but gameplay-mechanic…

I don’t think that delete such beautiful skill - good idea in any timeline. But mechanics rework - completely yes.

The way it follows you right in front feels weird though. 

21 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

But what F3 will do if u wont use legendary duo of nonames?

can be either nothing (exactly like it's now) or some legend-related effect. Example:

- F2 - All: trade energy for endurance (like it does currently on Core legends)

- F3 - Alliance: flip/reset/lock/whatever (basically anything to manage the loadouts without touching endurance)

- F3 - Jalis: 10% damage reduction

- F3 - Shiro: 5% damage increase, 1% damage converted to healing

- F3 - Mallyx: 4%  condition duration

- F3 - Ventari: 20% healing effectiveness

This is just an example. Balancing something like this requires extensive testing. 

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Like 1