Special Weapons for new level 10 characters this Halloween (2021)

GnomeMore.6980

What if I have no character slots left and no characters that I want to delete to make a new one to get a character up to level 10? Can we get something through in-game mail to be claimed on a single character?

Let's say someone does delete a character to get this spectral weapon. Is it going to be soul bound or account bound?

How is it going to level up with the character? Is it going to go from fine up to exotic or ascended as its stats increase with levels? Will it be stat selectable? Can it be salvaged or used in to Mystic forge to swap stats or use in game currency through a vendor to change stats?

If I have extra birthday boosters and boost it from level 1 to 20 or higher, will that count as getting it to level 10 for the purposes of getting this weapon? Or do I need to actually level from 1 to 10 (I know it doesn't take long but I'm sure in not the only one with extras of these in the bank).

I need to know if it's worth deleting a character or buying another character slot.

Edited by chausta.7835
  • Confused 1

• GnomeMore.6980 changed the title to Special Weapons for new level 10 characters this Halloween (2021)
On 9/28/2021 at 9:15 PM, chausta.7835 said:

I need to know if it's worth deleting a character or buying another character slot.

In general, depending on age of the character in question, it is almost never worth deleting a character over getting another slot.

The value in gifts alone will outpace the amount of gold or money it requires to purchase another character slot (currently around 215 gold).

Turn the old character into a bank or gathering character and get another slot.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jojo.6140 said:

If you can freely choose the weapon, id suggest going for the bloodbound hammer since that one has a unique skin that can only be unlocked with guaranteed wardrobe unlocks otherwise.

u cant freely choose , u have to make a class that can weild a hammer and then u get a choose of 4 (what anet thinks) class specific weapons with class specific stats. and only 1 time , so newbies that dont like the class they tried are stuck with a useless weapon , how nice

• Confused 2

StephyFace ... I'm about to go get my weapon and if this doesn't work, I'll change this reply, but as I understand it, you use your envelope to get to the Labyrinth, then use it again to be ported to your homeland. Where you are ported, there should be a Mist Stranger from whom you get your weapon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CheekyDee.6153 said:

StephyFace ... I'm about to go get my weapon and if this doesn't work, I'll change this reply, but as I understand it, you use your envelope to get to the Labyrinth, then use it again to be ported to your homeland. Where you are ported, there should be a Mist Stranger from whom you get your weapon.

You don't have to go through the Labyrinth, you can get there by any method.

You also don't have to go to your race's starting area, you can go to any of them. The tricky part is finding the Mist Stranger, because they don't have a map marker and they're not in consistent positions. In Metrica Province they're just outside the portal from Rata Sum (on the left), and in Queensdale they're down by the bridge across to the farmlands. I'm not sure about the other 3 because I haven't looked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CheekyDee.6153 said:

So, I did this, but don't see any Mist Stranger. I see the Lunatic Boatmaster, Master Carver, Candy Corn Vendor, and the Mad King guy that has the costume on. I did check them each, just to make sure, but nothing.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You don't have to go through the Labyrinth, you can get there by any method.

You also don't have to go to your race's starting area, you can go to any of them. The tricky part is finding the Mist Stranger, because they don't have a map marker and they're not in consistent positions. In Metrica Province they're just outside the portal from Rata Sum (on the left), and in Queensdale they're down by the bridge across to the farmlands. I'm not sure about the other 3 because I haven't looked.

Thank you, I've found him.  In Caledon Forest he's on the path across from the Merchant at the Astorea Waypoint, for anyone in that area. Thank you again!

Edited by StephyFace.8219
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jojo.6140 said:

If you can freely choose the weapon, id suggest going for the bloodbound hammer since that one has a unique skin that can only be unlocked with guaranteed wardrobe unlocks otherwise.

Though I don't see the uniqueness of the skin on the picture (though it might be just a slightly darker version of the standard hammer and therefor handled as a separate skin-unlock), you can also obtain it for 10 provisioner tokens.