Fix Dishonor System !!

Miliano.8432

1068 / 5000

I'm sick of arenanet's incompetencies, now with the dishonor system and its new direcx11 beta that makes your game constantly explode, I've been eating countless amounts of dishonor unfairly, (it's not my kittening fault that the game is optimized as kitten) ... even on one occasion for the simple reason of entering a few seconds late to the game, (due to a long loading screen) that game the dishonor system took it as an abandonment, and I NEVER NEVER NEVER abandon A kitten game, it is impressive that a player who really stays afk at the base has absolutely nothing happen to him, while if for any reason the game kicks you out of the game, it will count you as leaving immediately. It is a completely absurd thing that can only be explained in that the DEVELOPER who was in charge of implementing this feature within the game did it in a poor and ridiculous way, without even being able to implement a proper algorithm that detects when you actually leave a game and when you don't. SOO you need to do something about this already.

Edited by Miliano.8432
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure if there is a way to detect when an afk is due to legitimate reasons such as long load times. People are smart and will certainly find a way to abuse it. Lag switches for example. 

For Dx11 specifically, perhaps they could implement some kind of system that detects the crash log and wipes dishonor from your account. You could, in theory find some way to crash on purpose to abuse this, but luckily if enough people abuse this, the crash reports will allow Anet to pick up on it immediately. 

For now though, do not play PvP with Dx11 enabled. I tried, and it was impossible. I play scrapper and there is a bug that causes you to crash any time you rez someone with function gyro. Hilariously, this would cause my friend who also uses Dx11 to crash at the same time as me.

It's not worth the risk. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I'm not sure if there is a way to detect when an afk is due to legitimate reasons such as long load times. People are smart and will certainly find a way to abuse it. Lag switches for example. 

For Dx11 specifically, perhaps they could implement some kind of system that detects the crash log and wipes dishonor from your account. You could, in theory find some way to crash on purpose to abuse this, but luckily if enough people abuse this, the crash reports will allow Anet to pick up on it immediately. 

For now though, do not play PvP with Dx11 enabled. I tried, and it was impossible. I play scrapper and there is a bug that causes you to crash any time you rez someone with function gyro. Hilariously, this would cause my friend who also uses Dx11 to crash at the same time as me.

It's not worth the risk. 

It crashes everyone with DX11 actually, friend or foe. I think Grenade Barrage in Holo forge also crashes the DX11 client, but it also might be that and explosive entrance, for this one I'm not really sure how it happens but the Function Gyro is obvious since you hear the sound queue before the crash.