i'm really scared about the jade sea

With the arrival of the new Engineer specialization, we can clearly see what the jade will look like on EOD by looking at the golem

I still find it extremely fluorescent green and quite aggressive for the eyes. I don't understand this obession with this type of green on EOD which is almost the same on shing jea. The jade did not have this aspect at all on gw1, it was even quite bluish and much more pleasant to look at.

for the comparison:

Guild wars 1:

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

This is exactly the thought I had when I saw the Golem, I told myself that the Jade Sea was badly barred...

Already the last 3 specs are as I said : a disaster ... (I stopped after 10 minutes of testing each because it inflated me).

Frankly that's not how they're ready to see me change my mind ... 🤐

This is jade texture :

https://cdn.hovia.com/app/uploads/jade-gemstone-texture-plain-1-820x547.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/2e/82/542e82358bef1bbb3182c0aea30d6b8c.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/36/qkopvgmt97x7.jpg

Still on the screen, it goes, but in game, it kills my eyes.

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Have you even considered that the Jade Sea might look different, than the golem? At least I hope that will be the case.

The Jade-Golem's green parts definitely look similar to refined Jade Jewelry's green, while GW1's jade Sea looked closer to unrefined and raw jade.

But instead of looking like either of these, it may also look like the Solid Ocean Fractal.

7 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

With the arrival of the new Engineer specialization, we can clearly see what the jade will look like on EOD by looking at the golem

I'm nervous, too. Like you said, we don't even need the golem, we had Shing Jea candy floss to show us where the art director decided to take this.

In addition to the Jade Sea, I'm nervous about Kaineng. The stacked tenements and sewers had so much atmosphere. Are we going to get the vacation condo version of the wall city of Kowloon?

Gritting my teeth in anticipation that all of Cantha got the New LA treatment.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Je suis nerveux aussi. Comme vous l'avez dit, nous n'avons même pas besoin du golem, nous avions de la barbe à papa Shing Jea pour nous montrer où le directeur artistique a décidé de prendre cela.

En plus de la mer de Jade, je suis nerveux à propos de Kaineng. Les immeubles empilés et les égouts avaient tellement d'atmosphère. Allons-nous obtenir la version condo de vacances de la ville murale de Kowloon?

Serrant les dents en attendant que tout Cantha reçoive le traitement New LA.

We would miss more that we are banging a Kaineng City with fluorescent green lasers in every street corner in "Cyberpunk city" mode.
There is already a Kaineng City screen so ... maybe.

https://cdn.ncwest.com/gw2/eod/DD2ooTbg6xziiB5KyO8S/dcb6d095-47ce-4c2b-8708-bdb81374e7ae/images/section-general.jpg

it will be very pretty with radioactive jade on every street corner ...

To be honest for the moment I find that it is totally outside the artistic framework that Guild Wars 1 can direct towards a low-end, saturated and sloppy version, towards random and ultra basic maps of an Asian game. I'm waiting to see the top of the 3 remaining maps because for the moment the forest of Kurzicks seems to be interesting (to see anyway).

It is possible that we do not even have access to the whole capital who knows ... 🤐

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Thanks 1

Cyberpunk green is what I call it. 🤢

Perhaps I've missed something here, but... have we fast-forwarded about a thousand years? 🤨

11 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

That is an odd image. Like someone went back and did an inverse vignetting to put lighting in that wasn't there in the initial rendering.

That's a background image from the offical EoD page. The center was darkened intentionally so that text and other elements placed there is HTML/CSS would be readable.

10 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

I still find it extremely fluorescent green and quite aggressive for the eyes. I don't understand this obession with this type of green on EOD which is almost the same on shing jea. The jade did not have this aspect at all on gw1, it was even quite bluish and much more pleasant to look at.

While I agree on the sentiment regarding the pleasantness of the GW1 Jade Sea design, there are parts of the video showing how the blue water has mixed with the green jade. Since they've only extracted the jade for their technology, it makes sense that it's green.

Such a toxic neon-green, however, was a truly bad choice indeed.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That's a background image from the offical EoD page. The center was darkened intentionally so that text and other elements placed there is HTML/CSS would be readable.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense, thanks.

Edited by Gibson.4036

21 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Cyberpunk green is what I call it. 🤢

Perhaps I've missed something here, but... have we fast-forwarded about a thousand years? 🤨

While I agree on the sentiment regarding the pleasantness of the GW1 Jade Sea design, there are parts of the video showing how the blue water has mixed with the green jade. Since they've only extracted the jade for their technology, it makes sense that it's green.

Such a toxic neon-green, however, was a truly bad choice indeed.

I have always had trouble with the green color except obviously for the vegetation. I found the bluish jade to look a lot more like a petrified sea than a fluorescent green .. it was sober and calming to watch.

So if we still have to put up with green, I would do with it, but make it pleasing to the eye and not like the golem's.