Clock Tower = Maybe a dumb question

Am I missing a trick with the clock tower?  I seem to spend so much time waiting, waiting waiting, starting a run, waiting waiting waiting waiting starting a run, waiting waiting... you get the idea.

To be clear I'm only doing this to get the box - I'd rather donate candy corn than participate in this event.

Is there anyway to cut down on the standing around with my finger up my a waiting?

Lunatic Boot Box - Wiki implies that the only way to get this box is the JP

Another 45 second wait;  30 second wait; 60 second wait (because the JP didn't start, just reset the counter)

I'm pulling the hair out of my head in boredom / frustration.  Looking for 'hitting head against wall' emote.

I get that this is instanced, but why not have 4 clock towers that start every 20 or so seconds, and you get sent to the tower next to start rather than waiting on a race that as far as I can tell isn't worth anything?

Edited by TheOldDuffer.7469

1 hour ago, TheOldDuffer.7469 said:

Is there anyway to cut down on the standing around with my finger up my a waiting?

Unfortunately, there isn't. It's all one instance, and the next round always starts when the estimated time for the previous round up the tower has passed, whether there is someone running it or not. Unfortunately, the estimated time is short by a few seconds, which results in the players who managed a full run having to wait the longest time.

P.S. You can get up to six runs per instance, if I am not mistaken, when you join a fresh instance (I've only managed five so far due to the JP being pretty bugged/out of sync a lot of the time).

Edited by Ashantara.8731

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Unfortunately, there isn't. It's all one instance, and the next round always starts when the estimated time for the previous round up the tower has passed, whether there is someone running it or not. Unfortunately, the estimated time is short by a few seconds, which results in the players who managed a full run having to wait the longest time.

P.S. You can get up to six runs per instance, if I am not mistaken, when you join a fresh instance (I've only managed five so far due to the JP being pretty bugged/out of sync a lot of the time).

Almost how I think it is. If everyone falls, i.e. there is no-one on the track, the timer is cut short. It rarely happens, at least for me, as there is always at least one person who gets to the end. If you get to the end chest, however, the others waiting in the "lobby" immediately start their next attempt, so when you port back, you'll have to wait for them to either all fall down or finish.

I remember a few very, very rare occasions when I was the only one in the instance. This was years ago and at some odd hour of the day. When I ported back to the lobby, either through falling or finishing, I got my next attempt right away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

I remember a few very, very rare occasions when I was the only one in the instance. This was years ago and at some odd hour of the day. When I ported back to the lobby, either through falling or finishing, I got my next attempt right away.

Ohh, good to know! I always assumed the timer would run no matter what.

No, the timer depends on the players still climbing up the tower. It goes slowly when someone is still jumping. When the last one fails, it speeds up fast to the end. If you are the only one doing the JP (for example when it's not daily, late at night - it happened to me few times), you wait just few seconds after you fail. So if there's some good player with you, try to change instance.

• Like 3

Actually there is no waiting around if you can consistently finish the JP. Like everyone else I used to struggle with this particular JP, but now I find it quite easy. The trick is to stick to the right as much as possible in the beginning then relax as what comes after the big jump is very easy. And try action camera, it is quite useful on JPs like this. If other players are distracting you you may want to disable their name tags from the options. Good luck !