Question: Unrelenting Assault suddenly stopping

Virdo.1540

Hey i have some problems atm with unrelenting assault. I havent used it in a while in any scenario, so idk since when its there. 

When using unrelenting assault it either attacks one enemy or teleports between multiple enemies back & forth. But not i noticed it suddenly stops if

- someone dodges in the right second

- teleports in right moment

- (when having multiple enemies) it jumps to a spot where a person just went invisible 

- jumps to an dead enemies or an enemies being in dying animation (but practically dead)

- when it kills an enemy and doesnt jump to next one

It doesnt came from being stunned or whatsoever. Its simply like Animation-Cancel ,simply not cancled by stuff like stowing, weapon switch etc. Has anyone an idea if this problem came from an update or maybe a problem caused by Settings (or setting combinations) ?

Edited by Virdo.1540

UA also atacks flag poles, supply depots, walls.

When figthing revs  to avoid UA damage all one person need it  to go to the place with more clutter possible,, ive been in situations 2 or 3 times.. that UA atacks every object arround the target and never touch the target.

It is a feature, skill always worked  strangelly, been reported several times in the past, players stoped care  since Anet  ignored.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

Just my opinion. It come from program. 
as we know we can use skill to hit active objects (red) and inactive objects (yellow) 

UA skill is set for attack both.  If it set for only active . It mean you can’t use for inactive object such as door wall or objects that need to destroy to pass quest.

So it got conflicted and can’t solve.

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, Yasai.3549 said:

Sword 3 like all teleports are not true teleports.
They are skills that try and path you and the target naturally as if walking to them. 

If the target so much so as manage to get on terrain you will never normally path without jumping, you will stop Sword 3. 

IMo that is when u are hiting an object and then game will assume u wont have LoS to the original target, its just a consequence of the real issue behind UA. :(

I believe if is some sorta asset associated to an id skill will trigger that object has something to hit even its and object that wont take damage, for example if  theres some lost wood static mesh in the "range group of objects" UA will trigger that object has something to be hited, this  happens even if u are melee targeting a mob and the static mesh is on the other side, i  assume its an object with an id and skill will  detect that as a potential target as well even if its a plant in the map >_< ...pitty that should only hit objects that destructible.

I remembered to post this since UA was failing hard hiting the mobs and hiting every nearby map asset.

This was actually reported several times in the past but i assume since was never cared from anet  its just how the skill is ment to work(if theres some  objects even WvW poles sometimes UA miss all atacks on the enemy players sometimes even hiting ground several times UA even atacks supply deport in WVW and always did that...), there was some bug that i was using as a joke'is where if u use sword 2 and then UA on a ally and that ally  teleport u would teleport with that ally as well, usualy i did this on divinity reach to use UA on players :P, but this was fixed to moment i started to spam it in DR against the players.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

UA is buggy because it's active radius is the same as the check for valid targets and when you cast it before being out of range again, it gives up. If you look at Smoke Assault (soulbeast) it has an active range of 750 with 300 radius for targets(Being an instant cast also means it can't fail). To fix the buggy endeavor of UA, it would be as easy as increasing the radius for targets by around 50-100~ units but keep the same active range of 450.

This may have the side effect of scattering the player more but at least it would rarely ever fail to seek with other than no valid paths.

When people teleport away from me, it actually teleports me with them. I sometimes end up on the other side of the map when a Thief uses a portal, sorta neat stuff.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just my opinion 

the concept of smoke assault is 

1 lock target

2 jump

3 calculate area from target then assign damage. 
I never ply smoke assault before so I have no idea it tricker 5 hit in alone target or hit random when there are more than one target in area.

while UA…. Bug is still bug.. 

it might assign loop like

hit . Search possible target  and loop

16 hours ago, Thon.3780 said:

Just my opinion 

the concept of smoke assault is 

1 lock target

2 jump

3 calculate area from target then assign damage. 
I never ply smoke assault before so I have no idea it tricker 5 hit in alone target or hit random when there are more than one target in area.

while UA…. Bug is still bug.. 

it might assign loop like

hit . Search possible target  and loop

The reason why UA has so much of an issue vs Smoke Assault is because Smoke Assault only targets 1 character, so it doesn't need to seek. It just teleports and attacks that single target for the entire duration of the cast.

UA attempts to seek a new target beyond the first in a small 300 AoE after every attack. This means if it jumps to another target and both targets becoming unavailable all of a sudden due to terrain pathing or distance, your UA just goes into a coma. 

I think UA should target a single character anyway, better for damage and functionality. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

It's an unreliable evade button. Never click it. It is a DPS loss, and it will leave you in a worse position more often than not. Forget it exists. Unbind it. Physically remove the 3 key from the keyboard.

That reminds when UA on 1vs1 situation all hits wont hit target but invisible pixels arround  the  target ... and im like" SRLYS ANET! why other specs u play need  to perform better????"!!!!!

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Sad 1