Evade Evade Block Immune Evade Block Miss Miss Immune Evade etc

Toad.4619

1 minute ago, DomHemingway.8436 said:

I can give many examples of what I see and what is wrong for me. For example a tank in medium armor - ranger. After that, I understand why the war has problems. The list goes on.

Your tankiness is more based on amulet, weapon or trait choices than armor type.

Ranger can be very squishy or very tanky, it's all about his choices.

Your tankiness is more based on amulet, weapon or trait choices than armor type.

Ranger can be very squishy or very tanky, it's all about his choices.

dude you flatter yourself, almost all ranger builds can go to the node, I'm not a beginner to that extent.

The Power Herald meta is now 6 years old, as I understand it. Judging by the WB, what can he do against the core guardian, and what can the power herald do and etc.

Edited by DomHemingway.8436

You can say that he's new, he gotta adapt blahblahblah, but look - thats how new people see GW2. Especially PvP/WvW aspect. Bunch of stupid unbalanced skills that ruin the whole fun of the game. Sure we know how they work and how to abuse certain things, but for new people its just pointless to continue playing. GW2 has so bad advertisement compared to other MMOs that each newbie should be precious, meanwhile veterans get bored and what newbie think you can read in OP. 
Yesterday I watched WoW streamer and someone in chat asked him to play gw2 - he answered that he doesnt want to change one dead game to another. It is what it is and current "balance" aint helping either for sure. And I agree with TrollingDemigod.

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

All games have mastery curves and this one is no exception to that, especially in the pvp/wvw scene. You will not learn in two months what players have mastered over the course of years, but how you approach that disparity can directly impact how much fun you have. 

You're not wrong. With so many new games coming out with more people at an equal playing field, I guess there isn't much reason to keep playing this specific near decade old game if my experience has continually been frustration. I enjoy a large variety of games, but the barrier of entry is just too much for me with gw2. I guess you veterans can be proud that you're playing a high skill game. But it's too much skill necessary for this new player who was momentarily curious about what gw2 is all about.

Edited by Toad.4619

the problem here is LOW POPULATION

the player you attempting to kill is just far  better than you and you shouldn't be playing against him

new player fights are like one stand in front of each other and try a dps rotation with random dodges in the middle of this

fight will be decided by who ever gets the lucky dodge, has higher dmg output or higher passive dmg reduction

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Toad.4619 said:

You're not wrong. With so many new games coming out with more people at an equal playing field, I guess there isn't much reason to keep playing this specific near decade old game if my experience has continually been frustration. I enjoy a large variety of games, but the barrier of entry is just too much for me with gw2. I guess you veterans can be proud that you're playing a high skill game. But it's too much skill necessary for this new player who was momentarily curious about what gw2 is all about.

If you want specifically a competitive game where players are at an equal playing field regardless of prior experience or mastery, you will be hard pressed to find that at all, or for very long. 

The game may be old, but it has one of the best combat systems to be leveraged in a MMO. The barrier for GW2 is high, but not insurmountable. If you are willing to practice and learn the matchups, you will be able to see more clearly what you can do vs things that seem unfair now, and will be able to explain what you feel needs to be balanced more accurately when it comes to classes/strategies that don't become easier to handle with practice.  

I can understand that approach isn't for everyone, but see that for what it is instead of being upset that ganging up on one guy and not getting the result that was intended impacted your enjoyment of the game. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Nobody said go back completely to hambow or turret engi or cele d/d ele era, but yes I do agree that ANET has made a lot of anti-fun eras even then.

I also should've been more clear and just said pre-HoT 2015 is the best as it gets, like just balance around pre-HoT 2015 minus the other cheese. And that they should be applying principles from things that have counterplay such as the old frenzy hundred blades/telegraphed attacks.

Right before HoT the meta was 2 medi guards and thief mes stealth 1 shot everyone which wasn't much fun either. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Toad.4619 said:

As a new player I have to ask. Is.. is this suppose to be fun? The pvp in this game often feels like I'm attempting to swat a fly out of the air. I've seen multiple players gang up on one enemy, only for that enemy to continually cycle through evade/blocks/immunities until they've walked all the way back to their keep. And I'm fairly certain the two months I've been playing I've never seen a single thief die in wvw. It's just getting tiresome and I've only been playing this game for a couple months.

You've basically reposted my post of a couple days ago. It's pretty bull atm that some classes can just chain invuln skills all day instead of having to pay attention to what's going on.

6 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

It feels like you was just too lazy to even make any research to even understand how other classes work. Which is silly with how much info you can find on metabattle, youtube or twitch.

Fair point, there was still more to be learned before drawing a conclusion. What I find graceful in gw2 is an attempt to introduce the eastern philosophy of fighting into the game, but some points are perplexing to me, they are related with the basics of fantasy and the nature of the class, some of them I have already listed. Although after looking at the new elites, there is a chance that some cores and some elites will be reworked (or weakened/strengthened).

Edited by DomHemingway.8436

On 11/2/2021 at 9:40 AM, Lighter.5631 said:

they have to make overpowered class skills, because this is the only thing that will keep players playing, because they have no content for pve,pvp,wvw. making braindead overpowered class skill is cheaper to keep players.

most real pvp people quit after HoT release, that's basically when the game started block, evade block, invul, block,evade chains

instead of dodging key skills..which is boring and not fun

I agree 100% that this was the beginning of trouble for gw2 pvp. In fact, the early seasons were awful. 

However, I do remember that after many patches, they eventually got pvp into a very enjoyable place again. This was the patch just before PoF launched. I'd be happy with anything resembling that patch or vanilla gw2. 

This game has the best combat system in an mmo (imo), but it's bogged down with too much aoe spam and too many boons. 

Hopefully they just decide to gut the OP specs, and balance EoD specs, and then work from there. There is still hope! Maybe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loboling.5293 said:

I agree 100% that this was the beginning of trouble for gw2 pvp. In fact, the early seasons were awful. 

However, I do remember that after many patches, they eventually got pvp into a very enjoyable place again. This was the patch just before PoF launched. I'd be happy with anything resembling that patch or vanilla gw2. 

This game has the best combat system in an mmo (imo), but it's bogged down with too much aoe spam and too many boons. 

Hopefully they just decide to gut the OP specs, and balance EoD specs, and then work from there. There is still hope! Maybe. 

Yah, cause those new ones look sooo fun to play!~