What class should I play?

Ezic.8325

I'm new in the game, but the few hours I played made me love it, so I decided to take a main to focus, but I can't decide with what profession I should play, I watched some videos and the professions that most caught my attention was the Ranger and the Engineer, anyways I still have some doubts, because I want a class who I can play at party and solo, attacks at middle range, inflicts buffs and debuffs , heal my grupo sometimes, and does some damage, but I focus principally on the conditions and healing, in short, a profession in which I can inflict conditions and support the group, but which is versatile to do damage sometimes. Do you guys know a profession who match with this description?

Ranger is very cool

Pet allows good solo ability, Can use Bears to tank targets while u fire at a distance.

Druid covers buffs/healing.

Condi Soulbeast is a viable option as a condition based DPS.

Alot of its builds use longbow which offers u a Ranged build. but do know, due t oweapon swap basically no class in a optimal bvuild remains exlcusively ranged.. this gamr typically favors Melee Meta wise. but so u'd go Longbow / Dagger+Axe for example which is both ranged and Melee.

Edited by Daddy.8125

When you hit 2lvl you can travel to pvp map Heart of the Mists where you have acess to all skills and you can test them on npc or just start pvp match and try class on other players. From description I would say Necro, its complete class. If I have only option Ranger or Engineer I would choose Ranger. Anyway after few months propably you will have more than one character so pick class what gameplay you like the most. 

Il answer this way:  

Each class offers something different.

The thief daredevil is a mobile burst spec thats a lot of fun to play.  Because thieves are so fast, it means also they tend to not be too tanky on daredevil but more than make up for it in mobility. Thief can be condi dps or power easily and with the new spec spectre, it looks as if support is coming too.

Ele tempest can be healer or power dps if you want. It's squishy but if you manage positioning and self heal and sustain abilities right you'l be fine.

Guardians are a class that has a variety of stuff they are good at DH is a dps spec from what it seems and firebrand is a meta support spec that offers buffs. I can't remember what spec is condi dps but you also got a condi meta dps there too.

Rangers got A power dps burst spec  with soulbeast that looks to be  pretty nice and druid spec is a very solid healer spec.

Revenants: Renegade seems to be solid condi dps spec from what i heard which is good to hear, and its ranged. Herald seems to have some aoe condi abilities and its very strong support, plus herald looks to be pretty mobile.

necromancers: They are very slow like guardians are but they are also very tanky and very forgiving. You could play as reaper, which is a very fun solid power dps spec that can also go into condi with chills. Scourge has also solid condi dps and its a support spec too.

So there you go play what you want difficulty is kinda subjective i've played tempest for ages and it seems fine. I do love how versatile tempest is though and weaver seems to be pretty solid power dps at least i heard so.

Rather than fixating on specific roles, you should try out the profession and see which one you have the most fun with.

Since GW2 has no gear treadmill, you'll eventually be able to have every profession and every specialization maxed out and then you can switch to whatever you feel like playing at any given moment.

• Like 1

Based on your specifications, I'd probably recommend ranger going into druid, necromancer going into scourge (and soon harbinger), or revenant going into renegade. All have the potential for both condition damage (possibly switching to soulbeast for ranger) and/or healing at range. Thief going into spectre will join that group in EoD.

I spent some time reading about the professions, so I decided to focus more on DPS and Utility AoE skills (but still having some support skills like one or two condi skills and a good team heal), and I'm definitely decided to choose Engineer (and I liked Scrapper more than Holosmith :/) as my main one (even though it's one of the worst professions), but Necro is on my list too.

Do you have any suggestions for an Engineer who does a lot of damage in a short time and has high survivability? (And maybe support the team sometimes)

Edited by Pitt.7920

10 hours ago, Pitt.7920 said:

I spent some time reading about the professions, so I decided to focus more on DPS and Utility AoE skills (but still having some support skills like one or two condi skills and a good team heal), and I'm definitely decided to choose Engineer (and I liked Scrapper mora tem Holosmith :/) as my main one (even though it's one of the worst professions), but Necro is on my list too.

Do you have any suggestions for an Engineer who does a lot of damage in a short time and has high survivability? (And maybe support the team sometimes)

You could try herald they got aoes can do damage have good ability to do support too or you could try tempest is big target and good utility.

10 hours ago, Pitt.7920 said:

I spent some time reading about the professions, so I decided to focus more on DPS and Utility AoE skills (but still having some support skills like one or two condi skills and a good team heal), and I'm definitely decided to choose Engineer (and I liked Scrapper mora tem Holosmith :/) as my main one (even though it's one of the worst professions), but Necro is on my list too.

Scrapper: Scrapper - Quickness Support Power DPS - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

• Like 1

Mid range support with solo-ability? Renegade, specialization of Revenant

short bow, nice focus on condition damage, can provide lots of boons including the highly coveted alacrity to entire 10 man squads, not just 5 man, always has access to at least two healing skills, heavy armor. Can specialize in either damage hybrid or pure support. Also decent in competitive