Thief Acrobatic PVP

Takato.4976

I don't think any of the 300s cd traits are gonna get changed now, since new ones are being introduced. It's just bad luck for acro that it has two such traits, and not much else besides Swindler's Equilibrium that Daredevil doesn't offer. 

Edit: I mean, I use acro on S/D builds, but that's pretty much only because of the swiftness on dodge and Swindler's Equilibrium. When Specter is here then shadow arts with the healing on shadowstep will be a better option for a defensive line. 

Second edit: I've been playing S/D with shadow arts over acro recently with fireworks runes to cover the mobility and it's waaaay stronger. Line needs a rework. 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, Takato.4976 said:

Out of sheer curiosity.

Is there any known plans to either change the functionality or perhaps make Instant Reflexes and Hard to Catch usable ?

Or are these going to become the next "Smiter's Boon" of gw1 ?

It's unfortunate what they did to my boy Acro. They massacred my boy. If you look at the other thread I made on the old Thief traits, you'll see all the old Acro traits that were apparently too much for todays meta, plus they had to make room for Daredevil at the time. -_-.

Edited by AikijinX.6258
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

It's unfortunate what they did to my boy Acro. They killed my boy. If you look at the other thread I made on the old Thief traits, you'll see all the old Acro traits that were apparently too much for todays meta, plus they had to make room for Daredevil at the time. -_-.

Acro and Sword/Dagger was my baby and after about 4 years of not playing ( and being back stronger than ever ) I saw that it got deleted. Which made me a little sad 😞

• Like 1

A handful of the 300-sec traits are actually still decent in WvW. Because the slightly slower pace of engagements combined with higher overall burst damage means getting a just-in-time Signet of Stone (or whatever) every 5 minutes is actually pretty good (about as good as the free "second chance" you get once per Mistlock in PvE). For SPvP? Not so much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jumpel.3972 said:

They litteraly cannibalize  Acro to create Daredevil.

They need to rework Acro to not focus only on dodge and so avoid redundant or unhealthy synergy with Daredevil 

It's already at a disadvantage having to risk catching evades. I'd rather maintain vigor by Initiative use or something so I can stay just a little ahead of that blob that just popped up out of the ground before the pulls start instead of using the enemy as a scratching post. I can get a lot dumped on me that's not going to generate evades. And then I'd rather have the chaining at a quick pace of Initiative skills landing cut off some cooldown time of Steal on Swindlers. I'm probably letting bias talk for me and that might be really dumb but Acro feels like instead of fighting, I'm letting a fight happen to me. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 5:28 AM, Jumpel.3972 said:

They litteraly cannibalize  Acro to create Daredevil.

They need to rework Acro to not focus only on dodge and so avoid redundant or unhealthy synergy with Daredevil 

I would pretty much keep the condition removal traits that the acro line already has, as well as the stun break traits but reorganize them a bit. And Add 1 extra trait to each tier.

- Move (instant reflexes) to a minor Adept trait (leaving a trait slot available for adept tier)

- Get rid of feline’s grace minor Master trait, making (Hard to catch) the new minor Master trait (leaving a trait slot available for the bottom 3rd Master tier slot) 

- Get rid of endless stamina minor Grandmaster, making (Don’t stop) the new minor GM trait and removing entirely (assassins reward), since it’s absolutely useless because the heal coefficient/value sucks and is still bugged. (This will open up and make available a new grandmaster trait: For instance a potential one could be like: Gain Superspeed every time you successfully evade an attack(for 2s with a 3s ICD)

Although… I want to suggest SuperSpeed on dodge entirely but I know that will make daredevils dash obsolete😵💫 but honestly.. would it really? Because Drd is it’s own specialization entirely and 1 Grandmaster trait won’t define it.

I got rid of those vigor minor traits because vigor is mehhh to me. Plus the vigor we get from bountiful theft (assuming you take that, is enough) plus the fact that you can take (Vigorous Recovery Major Adept trait), PLUS the instant stamina restore we get back from using Steal is substantial, plus we’d have (Hard to catch) as a minor trait to instantly restore 100% stamina on stun break. 

and (assassins reward) as I said above.. is soooo Mehhh. 

EDIT: Possibly for the replacement of the Adept and Master traits you can bring back 2 of the historically removed Acro traits. 

@Fire Attunement.9835 

Edited by AikijinX.6258

22 hours ago, Jumpel.3972 said:

I would say yes to focus on dodge but more avoid double up rather then synergy with Daredevil

I love the basically perma swiftness but the big let down for me is that it's too unreliable to get the extra endurance to fuel your dodges.

Upper Hand would be pretty reasonable with some extra endurance regeneration too.

I would love to see them change Feline grace to Vigor on dodge and 'Endless Stamina' to 'Endurance Regeneration Increase: 50%'.

Engineers get Adrenal Implant under tools and Vigor on top of that so it's not unheard of.

I'd love to see a 'Reduce physical and condition damage for each boon you have.' major trait like 'Iron Blooded' on Engineer too.

If you could have these few things it would add some major survivability at the cost of losing out on the major DPS traits.

There would be good synergy with Daredevil but it's never going to get big damage without the DPS boosts of Trickery of Deadly arts.

There would be synergy with Deadeye and core Thief survivability that would really help them feel more forgiving to new players but again you would lose on DPS so it wouldn't be unbalanced.

Something to pass out some Vigor to your party for more support builds, especially Specter, would be nice too.

22 hours ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

If they rework this line I would rather have something along the lines of 1 of the Grandmasters be: Gain Superspeed every time you successfully evade an attack(for 2s with a 3s ICD). I would also dedicate this line to being the stun break/condition removal line.

I would make top line about buff, mid about on evade and bottom about shadowstep/mouvement skill.

8 hours ago, ShadowInTheVoid.9183 said:

I would say yes to focus on dodge but more avoid double up rather then synergy with Daredevil

To much dodge lead to unhealthy build like spam dodge D/D or Staff

1 hour ago, Jumpel.3972 said:

To much dodge lead to unhealthy build like spam dodge D/D or Staff

At the cost of DPS, a pretty big cost for PvP or WvW. 

Engineers can already get perma-vigor + perm 50% extra Endurance Regeneration and get 10% extra strike damage from having Vigor too. We're not talking about anything revolutionary.

2 hours ago, Jumpel.3972 said:

On 11/21/2021 at 1:43 PM, AikijinX.6258 said:

If they rework this line I would rather have something along the lines of 1 of the Grandmasters be: Gain Superspeed every time you successfully evade an attack(for 2s with a 3s ICD). I would also dedicate this line to being the stun break/condition removal line.

I would make top line about buff, mid about on evade and bottom about shadowstep/mouvement skill.

You talking for Grandmaster tier or all the tiers?

Don't stop definitely needs a change in order to make it different then unhindered combatant.

I think maybe a more support type of trait while keeping the theme would make it stand out.

Don't stop: Swiftness you grant also gives 3s of resistance (10s icd) Your Acrobatics minor traits now effects nearby allies. (5 allies within 400 radius)

This would mean allies near you would gain:

• Swiftness when  you dodge
  • Vigor when you evade an attack
  • Improved vigor just being near you
  • The added concertation

Pretty much turning the line into a support line

Edited by BobbyT.7192