The Jade Sea

''In the six years following the second defeat of Shiro Tagachi there were unsubstantiated rumours of a change in the Jade Sea similar to that in the Echovald Forest—small pools of water forming or even waves moving beneath the frozen surface.[30] Pieces of jade that have been removed from the radius of the Jade Wind, however, such as the Jade Wurm or Jade Wind Orbs, have remained solid.''

From the wiki.

Seems it's not quite clear how it all works, at least to me, but Echovald saw something of a revival while the Jade Sea seems to be somewhat unchanged. 

16 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

The jade sea has been solid since before GW1 and being mined out to power Cantha's revolution. What did you expect?

So there is no longer a Jade Sea? and now we have a regular sea and Jade Quarry? what I was not expecting is perhaps not another disappointment.

5 minutes ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

(All that from 1 minute long trailer that shows basically nothing.)

perhaps that's the issue. All I saw was a merge of the first map showcased and the Jade Quarry. Guess this is another "nothing to see here, move along".

Edited by Mesket.5728
  • Confused 7

11 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

So there is no longer a Jade Sea? and now we have a regular sea and Jade Quarry? what I was not expecting is perhaps not another disappointment.

perhaps that's the issue. All I saw was a merge of the first map showcased and the Jade Quarry. Guess this is another "nothing to see here, move along".

I think that might be it. At least, I hope it's the case, I don't think there'll be an entire map of quarries. I loved the waves that were frozen in time in GW1 and want most of the sea to be those.

22 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I loved the waves that were frozen in time in GW1

This is what I was looking for.. a green frozen in time ocean. A modern updated version of what we had in GW1, with a much larger view of the horizon, which was original and amazing.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Archipelagos#/media/File:Archipelagos.jpg

https://windyweather.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/gw_factions_0019.jpg

Just now, Duke Blackrose.4981 said:

But hey, we were saved by the fact that no one likes underwater content.

It would've been a nice opportunity to have overwater content (?) badam tss

Edited by Mesket.5728
  • Like 1

I really hope that the boss shown in the trailer works exactly like the one from the fractals but on a larger scale.

5 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

where is the green sea?

Not there anymore, what do think happens when you have an energy rich material, people willing to mine the crap out of it and a couple of centuries on top of it?

Edited by Tails.9372

The new video showed a lot more of the map and honestly, even though the map lacks the previous gloom vibe, at least there is still big "lands" of solid water and those looked very fun to traverse with the beetle. It looked kind of flat without epic waves but well... guess that's as much as they can deliver. And I also share other peoples critic on the over saturated green. It could've been a bit more darker and not a glowing toxic green.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 4:11 PM, Duke Blackrose.4981 said:

we were saved by the fact that no one likes underwater content.

Says who? :classic_huh: I for one love underwater content.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:17 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

It's definitely a disappointment.

Of the three maps revealed so far it definitely is the worst.

I would say "Agreed", if it wasn't for the fact that they were hiding a lot from us during the stream. At least I hope that it was a lot. 😉

On 11/17/2021 at 7:46 PM, Faridah.8431 said:

Why so green? The aesthetic previously was more a blue-green, definitely leaning more green, but not like it is now in that trailer.

Well, we do seem to have two types of jade colors: the bluish one (which I assume contains a high percentage of water, hence the color), and the prominent toxic neon green (which must be "pure" jade?).

I have no idea whatsoever why the design team went for that latter color, though, since other options already existed:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/dc/Chunk_of_the_Solid_Ocean.jpg or
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/0/05/Large_Crystal_Block_of_the_Solid_Ocean.jpg (a little more solid, this would have looked fabulous!)
...or the one that Mesket posted: https://windyweather.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/gw_factions_0019.jpg

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

I think this one was the best looking map yet, not only does it look great but they gave us more insight into the content, events, and bosses that will be there. I feel happy with this and more confident in the expansion.

Thank you anet for talking about the jade news machines, the meta , the stuff we can find more (dungeons, under jade waterways, events) please do this more. My only concern if their will be a lot of fights on the map.

Edited by artcreator.4859
  • Like 2