Came back to the game after a few years, still bots in ranked PvP. Guess I'll break for another year or 2

kardinal.3051

I left the game about 2-3 years ago because of the botting in Ranked PvP. Come back and can't even complete my 10 games to get a rating because literally every game has 1-2 bots. This was a problem years ago and is why I left the game and it's still a problem now. I wanted to buy the new xpac and was excited to get back into pvp in gw2 but not anymore. Really wish the devs cared about this game, really sad

Edited by kardinal.3051
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

• kardinal.3051 changed the title to Came back to the game after a few years, still bots in ranked PvP. Guess I'll break for another year or 2
13 hours ago, kardinal.3051 said:

I left the game about 2-3 years ago because of the botting in Ranked PvP. Come back and can't even complete my 10 games to get a rating because literally every game has 1-2 bots. This was a problem years ago and is why I left the game and it's still a problem now. I wanted to buy the new xpac and was excited to get back into pvp in gw2 but not anymore. Really wish the devs cared about this game, really sad

They do care about the game and other game modes, they do not care about pvp, just to be specific here. We get talks with them elsewhere, but pvp? Nothing. The game outside of the pvp scene is going extremely well. The pvp scene has been dying off for years now. The top players are only there due to bots and win trading. It would be entirely different ranking if 5v5 premades were a thing to prevent win trading and break the ratio's they want to force on us with bad matchmaking. But that would mean actually working on pvp and pvp balance. heh. 

12 hours ago, kardinal.3051 said:

So there are bot hours and non-bot hours???? What!? So this is just an accepted thing in this game?

No, it just whenever you complain about anything, however obviously egregious,  in any place on the internet there is always going to be people there to argue with you and offer mitigation. Some people put a lot of emotional stake in games, they don't want to be told.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

I feel like 50-75% of the time people who complain about bots are just complaining about bad players they are accusing of being bots.

I mean I would be inclined to believe that statement IF there wasn't loads of videos on YouTube and Reddit exposing bots in ranked games. So no, you're trying to fuel a fire that is not existent by making that statement. Bots are ALL over ranked matches. I do not care about other games modes in GW2. I play WoW for PvE, GW2 has a much more balanced, fun and easy to get into PvP system that I really enjoy and that brings me back to this game. Does not matter if I'm good or bad at PvP, I would say I'm average (low tier Gold rank) there should not be bots at all. It is so obvious as well that these are bots, when 2 players follow the exact same linear routes the whole game, extremely obvious. I even go as far as to whisper these bots just in case its a coincidence before I report them, no reply at all. Anet NEEDS to fix this if they ever hope to win back the PvP community from other games. Just so sad I spent all that time re downloading this game in hopes for a fun PvP experience just to be ruined so quickly 

• Confused 1

Are you on NA or EU? Im g2-g3 EU and i rarely encounter bots, even in off hours. A lot of people accusing others blindly of of being bots. Ive been accused myself, maybe they just didnt like how i played or claimed i died fast.

I can imagine Arenanet has it difficult to filter the many reports while the majority is a false assessment. Please note this is my experience not a personal attack. I am against any type of botting especially in pvp but i see a lot of these threads. Maybe you play at other hours or on NA

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kardinal.3051 said:

So there are bot hours and non-bot hours???? What!? So this is just an accepted thing in this game?

Understanding how matchmaking works helps a lot in avoiding frustration. By playing at low pop hours you risk to play with either people a lot bellow or above your skill and real bots if they exist. Both those bellow may feel like bots (unimaginable bad), as can those much above (unimaginable precise). However, if bots exist (and they do) they are in stereotypical "ELO HELL" . Personaly I meet them just once, in my first ranked game in given season (and there was 9 of them 😅), but that was NA, on EU I haven't seen a single one.

Edited by Morwath.9817

4 hours ago, Gladiotor.7561 said:

Are you on NA or EU? Im g2-g3 EU and i rarely encounter bots, even in off hours. A lot of people accusing others blindly of of being bots. Ive been accused myself, maybe they just didnt like how i played or claimed i died fast.

I can imagine Arenanet has it difficult to filter the many reports while the majority is a false assessment. Please note this is my experience not a personal attack. I am against any type of botting especially in pvp but i see a lot of these threads. Maybe you play at other hours or on NA

I play on NA, and I guess "weird hours" would constitute between 12 and 7 EST. I get about an hour or 2 in those hours in total

12 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

I feel like 50-75% of the time people who complain about bots are just complaining about bad players they are accusing of being bots.

I thought that too, but on na it is out of control, eu is not that wild but there are there and not banned since years

22 hours ago, kardinal.3051 said:

I mean I would be inclined to believe that statement IF there wasn't loads of videos on YouTube and Reddit exposing bots in ranked games. So no, you're trying to fuel a fire that is not existent by making that statement. Bots are ALL over ranked matches. I do not care about other games modes in GW2. I play WoW for PvE, GW2 has a much more balanced, fun and easy to get into PvP system that I really enjoy and that brings me back to this game. Does not matter if I'm good or bad at PvP, I would say I'm average (low tier Gold rank) there should not be bots at all. It is so obvious as well that these are bots, when 2 players follow the exact same linear routes the whole game, extremely obvious. I even go as far as to whisper these bots just in case its a coincidence before I report them, no reply at all. Anet NEEDS to fix this if they ever hope to win back the PvP community from other games. Just so sad I spent all that time re downloading this game in hopes for a fun PvP experience just to be ruined so quickly 

Listen man, i have consistently played this game for 6 months and can't recall a single time that i have seen a bot in ranked. I am not kidding. Maybe it's because of my rank, i don't know cause I'm probably slightly above average. When i started i was g1 and now I'm g3-p1 exclusively solo queueing as support and the rare time that i queue a dps roamer, i sit in p1. 

90% of my games are in unranked because it's no pressure,  i don't get tilted, and i like to meme around with off meta builds. I have a lot of fun in unranked even though there isn't a substantial gold reward from playing unranked. If you want some advice, play unranked cause there aren't any bots farming gold.

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186

I never realized this was a thing.  I was out of the pvp game for about 3 years.  I came back and now I have players on my team pointing out the bot players.  How does that even work?  I've seen them go and cap points and even fight.  I capped mid with one of the guys being an alleged bot.  It actually didnt do poorly.  We then get beat soundly as the game progressed because of poor rotation and the like.  So maybe.  Crazy.

15 hours ago, Solstace.2514 said:

I never realized this was a thing.  I was out of the pvp game for about 3 years.  I came back and now I have players on my team pointing out the bot players.  How does that even work?  I've seen them go and cap points and even fight.  I capped mid with one of the guys being an alleged bot.  It actually didnt do poorly.  We then get beat soundly as the game progressed because of poor rotation and the like.  So maybe.  Crazy.

Its just bots like in any other games. Automated players. And yes its possible for them to do well at lower ratings on the most simplistic specs in the game like Burn Guard or Minionmancer because these builds offer extremely high value for basically no thought if a new player doesn't know how to counter it.