Congrats to guardians *rolls eyes*

Aedil.1296

34 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Call it as you please its my opinon.

Im aware Guardian is OP as hell, but thats no reason to make Willbender bad because of. Nerf whats Overpowered. dont delete the next Elite because of it.

Either way. im moving main so im removing  my hat from the Ring..im not attached enough to Guardian thematically enough to go through another 4 years of a Single Viable build.

Dude I do not disagree certain classes are very op in certain modes we all know how balance is at this point but again we need to stop focusing on one class as a whole.

Edited by Ryou.2398
  • Confused 2

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

o here is where I come in and tell you that you can't assume things you want to believe about what the concept is to make your point true.

actually i can based on the mechanics of Guardian.. and the mechanics Willbenders trying to introduce, u can very easily identify What will and wont work when it comes to the sheer mechanics of the specc.

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I believe Anet isn't going to restrict themselves to some notion of not being to do something on a spec they want to do just because players decide to apply labels.

I dont really understand what u mean here.. we arent labelling the specc we're simply identifying by what its mechanically good at.

Like theres a Reason why people say "Daredevil is Really good at roaming". Its not labelling it. its looking at strengths and weaknesses of the Design and Simply finding a Role that would suit that playstyle best, if they were looking to make speccs which are completely not-labelable. these Speccs would hold High Sustain High Damage and High Support Options everywhere so every Specc can individually fulfill every role.

but they dont. Thief is a Roamer. it'll never be a 1v1 Proffession, its never going to be a Side noder its Never going to be a bunker. it was never given tools to be able to survive against other Options in that enviroment.

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I'm simply saying that the concept of the spec is actually a REALLY IMPORTANT thing to consider when we start thinking about how the spec works

Correct. a Concept is very important. however Willbenders Concept is very clearly not a "Defensive Concept". it lacks any Real Worthwhile support options. It Lacks Sustain and it lacks any form of Healing or Tanking capability. everything its designed to do is Offensive. high Mobility, High damage. however it Does not work because Core Guardians "concept" is a Polar opposite to that with alot of Backloaded damage coming from things such as Symbols Which Doesnt work on High paced Roamers such as Willbenders current design.

7 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I actually don't see anything incredibly out of scope with Alacrity on Willbender. 

its 5man and CmC has confirmed it isnt to ever be 100% Uptime. thats the problems with it. Why would u use it. it requries 2 Trait lines to work dropping a HEAP of DPS. Alacrity Renegade is 100x Stronger in the role in both fractals and 10 man content.

its already announced to NOT be able to stand up against other alacrity options by the Company itself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daddy.8125 said:

its 5man and CmC has confirmed it isnt to ever be 100% Uptime. thats the problems with it. Why would u use it. it requries 2 Trait lines to work dropping a HEAP of DPS. Alacrity Renegade is 100x Stronger in the role in both fractals and 10 man content.

its already announced to NOT be able to stand up against other alacrity options by the Company itself.

I don't see why that's a problem ... we have 5 man content. 5 man buffs are relevant in this game. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Ryou.2398 said:

Dude I do not disagree certain classes are very op in certain mods we all know how balance is at this point but again we need to stop focusing on one class as a whole.

Then what should we be concentrating on.

Because Currently heres Willbenders problem.

It is a High mobility high Damage Specc, It lacks Passive Sustain due to reduced Ability to access what core guardian offers to deal with being a 11k hp Specc to stack ontop of this. its Damage will rely on things such as Symbols and the new virtue mechanics both being Backloaded Damage.

With high mobility if u kite u pull the enemy out of the Floor Damage I.E Removing your Damage.

With low Sustain you die too quickly to actually get the Damage to tick in to actually get to what ur susposed to do.

if we drop into WvWvW

its Area dmg is Too small to affect enough targets. and its too squishy to survive the condi masses to realistically be of any use. ontop of this once its CDs are down its completely hopeless.

if we drop into PvE

Alacrity is Confirmed to not be 100% Uptime. its also 5 man only. Which puts it below Every option currently offered. and with 2 Traitlines Mandatory. its Going to take MASSIVE hits in other departments to maximise what it does have realistically.. its not practically viable.

In Open World.

Due to low Sustain having Low HP and no active defense realistically outside maybe 1 or 2 things through utilities its going to be Super Low. and If u take much more away from this. u may aswell play core, DPS Core does what Willbender does. with higher sustain realistically.

so if we SOLELY focus on Willbender.

theres a WHOLE host of problems to it, and while the changes it got werre positive. it was So far in the ground to begin with the changes are Just not enough.

With vindicator. i 1 hit a Willbender with GS5 lol litterally Willbender runs into the wrong telegraph or turns up at a wrong moment and its going to go splat.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't see why that's a problem ... we have 5 man content. 5 man buffs are relevant in this game. 

less focus on 5 man.. More focus on not being 100% Uptime.

Why in gods name would u stack 2 Alacrity users into 5 man Content so u can make use of alacrity Willbender.....

Willbender has 60-70% Uptime with Diviner (boon extension gear) Equipt and its confirmed thats Intentional its Not susposed to be 100% Uptime.

Renegade, Spectre, Mechanist, Mirage ALL offer 100% Uptime alacrity... I.E Role compression I.E Better group wise.

Please.. If ur onto something which WIllbenders goingto be Good in and Equal Competitively with other choices. Why would u use a Willbender in Solo content? in meta Events? (Excluding Fun) What primary benefit do u gain playing this over DH or Firebrand.

this speccs gonna get reworked in a years time to fill a different role realistically unless they make the Changes required to the Baseline proffession to allow this sorta Concept to be functional.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

less focus on 5 man.. More focus on not being 100% Uptime.

Why in gods name would u stack 2 Alacrity users into 5 man Content so u can make use of alacrity Willbender.....

Willbender has 60-70% Uptime with Diviner (boon extension gear) Equipt and its confirmed thats Intentional its Not susposed to be 100% Uptime.

Renegade, Spectre, Mechanist, Mirage ALL offer 100% Uptime alacrity... I.E Role compression I.E Better group wise.

Please.. If ur onto something which WIllbenders goingto be Good in and Equal Competitively with other choices. Why would u use a Willbender in Solo content? in meta Events? (Excluding Fun) What primary benefit do u gain playing this over DH or Firebrand.

this speccs gonna get reworked in a years time to fill a different role realistically unless they make the Changes required to the Baseline proffession to allow this sorta Concept to be functional.

I don't have an answer to that. Personally, i wouldn't stack anything ... I don't do CM Fractals. As for anything else 5 man, WIllbender having an alacrity buff could be appreciated by teams that aren't concerned about optimizing their play, even if they don't realize it. Again, why are these arguments you have cherrypicking specific scenarios to make your argument true? Not 100% uptime 5 man alacrity isn't optimal? OK ... that's not a problem. That doesn't mean it's not useful. Not everyone is using premades.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

don't have an answer to that. Personally, i wouldn't stack anything ... I don't do CM Fractals. As for anything else 5 man, WIllbender having an alacrity buff could be appreciated by teams that aren't concerned about optimizing their play

the issue is. A team who isnt concerned about optimizing their play (which is a fair point. People doing low fractals etc etc dont care about team comp) Is that Is that the real goal of designing Speccs. to not be viable. but just Tolerable to get through Low content I.E Fractals below 70 or like Wing 2 clears.

i mean speccs dont have to work in all 3 types of content. if it wants to be a Open World build for example do it, but currently it doesnt really deliever Options to the proffession.

22 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Again, why are these arguments you have cherrypicking specific scenarios to make your argument true? Not 100% uptime 5 man alacrity isn't optimal? OK ... that's not a problem. That doesn't mean it's not useful. Not everyone is using premades.

Because ur arguments are basically. Nothing needs to be viable cause someone in the world doesnt give a kitten if ur good or not.

I dont see why Making something better affects this?

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

the issue is. A team who isnt concerned about optimizing their play (which is a fair point. People doing low fractals etc etc dont care about team comp) Is that Is that the real goal of designing Speccs. to not be viable. but just Tolerable to get through Low content I.E Fractals below 70 or like Wing 2 clears.

i mean speccs dont have to work in all 3 types of content. if it wants to be a Open World build for example do it, but currently it doesnt really deliever Options to the proffession.

Because ur arguments are basically. Nothing needs to be viable cause someone in the world doesnt give a kitten if ur good or not.

Hold on ... this is really not being honest. Just because not 100% uptime 5 man alacrity is not optimal for high performance teams does NOT mean it isn't viable. Again ... that's cherrypicking ... and it's the worst kind because high performance teams in 5 man content is some small fraction of the population that these specs are relevant to. 

Don't get me wrong, these different contents count, but let's be real about how these specs are designed. If Willbender was targeting high performance 5 man content teams ... you would be absolutely correct. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Hold on ... this is really not being honest. Just because not 100% uptime 5 man alacrity is not optimal for high performance teams does NOT mean it isn't viable. Again ... that's cherrypicking ... and it's the worst kind because high performance teams in 5 man content is some very small percent of the population here. 

but it is Honest.

Does the fact Renegade is good in high performance teams Leave it at a disadvantage in a Non-optimal Team. No because Renegade can do both.

What im saying is Willbender should also be able to do both.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

but it is Honest.

Does the fact Renegade is good in high performance teams Leave it at a disadvantage in a Non-optimal Team. No because Renegade can do both.

What im saying is Willbender should also be able to do both.

I see no reason Willbender should do both though. What is that belief based on, other than just wanting it?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I see no reason Willbender should do both though. What is that belief based on, other than just wanting it?

So basically.. you beleive Willbender should be Bad, Because the Core Market arent good enough at the game to be optimal?

Interesting theory.. but a troll one at that Lmfao.... Ofcourse Willbender should be competitive with other Speccs. its Called game balance.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Daddy.8125 said:

So basically.. you beleive Willbender should be Bad, Because the Core Market arent good enough at the game to be optimal?

No, that's what you are saying I believe. Try again. I mean, if you are just going to tell me what I think and believe to support your narrative, we are done here. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, that's what you are saying I believe. Try again. I mean, if you are just going to tell me what I think and believe to support your narrative, we are done here. 

but that is litterally what u wrote Lmfao.

U stated u think willbenders Fine because for players who dont care for comp or to play optimally they wont care if u bring a willbender.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

but that is litterally what u wrote Lmfao.

U stated u think willbenders Fine because for players who dont care for comp or to play optimally they wont care if u bring a willbender.

Hold on ... don't be obtuse here. You are trying to tell me what I believe in a way that supports your narrative. Let's start again:

I don't see a problem with Willbender not being 100% uptime 10 man alacrity. Don't assume that's because I believe **IN YOUR WORDS** Willbender should be Bad, Because the Core Market arent good enough at the game to be optimal

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't see a problem with Willbender not being 100% uptime 10 man alacrity. Don't assume that's because I believe **IN YOUR WORDS** Willbender should be Bad, Because the Core Market arent good enough at the game to be optimal

lets identify what being "bad" Means in this context when talking about the balancing issues of a Proffession or Elite specc.

Being beneath the curve or Below the competitive Level of Competing options.

Willbender is Below the curve and Below the competitive Level of other options that provide the same benefits effectively... and u seem to beleive theres such a Tiny minority who actually do care about builds etc etc, we're human we like the easiest options. the easiest success rates are provided by playing correct comps.

Theres a Reason why guardian and Necromancer are the most played Proffessions in the game right now.

Theres a Reason why everyones saying "anet hates their proffessions".

theres a Reason why Every forum post Draws into a QQ About how bad their proffession is.

Theres a Reason why people consider Elementalist has no "ranged options" even though it "technically does".

Theres a Reason why Firebrand, Alacrity Renegade and Druid are the most played Raid builds as of current in the game also. and it isnt because people are ignoring meta or Not caring about team comps. u call it a "minority" well heres the thing.. about 0.5% of this playerbase actually Raid.

the Raiding enviroment IS a minority all together... Theres a reason why theres 100 Sites which all promote successful builds, meta builds, Strong options for proffessions and why no one appears happy with their proffession and "not caring about being optimal" is obviously not it.

LOOK AROUND U

every other person here excluding YOU cares about the State of willbender, Every person here excluding YOU is Arguingg to have it buffed. everyone excluding YOU is saying willbenders terrible.. we all care.. ur arguign against the ENTIRE forums yet Keep saying the vast majority DONT CARE about how optimal their Speccs are.

You are aware there have been Several Litteral Site built to track Raid Comps and more?.. lol xD, its not "projection" its not "Guessing" we can litterally see these statistics.

I am a ultra casual gamer do ui think i bother to "Theorycraft my own builds" nah.. i just copy whatever Hardstuck.gg Posts to use.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Right, you get to define what 'bad' means ... how convenient to get the 'proof' for the argument you want supported. 

Again, I don't see an issue with a 5 man not 100% uptime Alacrity application ... just like I don't see any other boon application that is 5 man, not 100% uptime (and there are PLENTY of those too)

You're going to argue it's a balance issue ... that's nice, but clearly, balance hasn't prevented this in the past, so it's probably not all that relevant now either. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Right, you get to define what 'bad' means ... how convenient to get the 'proof' for the argument you want supported. 

Oki. give me another definition of " X Build is bad". go for it xD If Someone is Bad At something. what does it mean?

Again, I don't see an issue with a 5 man not 100% uptime Alacrity application ... just like I don't see any other boon application that is 5 man, not 100% uptime (and there are PLENTY of those too)

The problem with not being 100% Uptime is the fact other Options do have 100% Uptime.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Oki. give me another definition " X Build is bad".

There isn't a reason to, so I'm not going to. You're just going to tell me I'm wrong anyways. 

The problem with not being 100% Uptime is the fact other Options do have 100% Uptime. Why are you oki with Proffessions Intentionally not being balanced against one another?

That's not a problem. It never has been. It's not like this is the first time ever we see a class having a boon application that doesn't rival a 10 man 100% uptime on another class. It's not going to start being a problem now, just because you don't like this specific instance of it. 

Whether I'm OK with it or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is that we DO have these situations. Pretending they don't exist is failure to recognize this isn't the problem you say it is. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 2

There isn't a reason to, so I'm not going to. YOu're just going to tell me I'm wrong anyways. 

no i wont

tell me the Dictionary Meaning of the Word Bad

bad
/bad/

adjective
adjective: bad; comparative adjective: worse; superlative adjective: worst; comparative adjective: badder; superlative adjective: baddest
  1. 1.
    of poor quality or a low standard.

is this the definition or not.

That's not a problem. It never has been. It's not going to start being one now. 

Heres the Problem

U are exactly what ur signiture says.. u beleive u can "crush Meta thinking" yet u cant, Meta Exists. because the Majority allow it to Exist. its that Simple. If a "minority" used meta Builds meta builds wouldnt exist. because Barely anyone is capable of theorycrafting Meta builds and by the same standard they wouldnt get used.

Every SPVP Game im in. from where i started in bronze to Gold 3 where i am now. 90% of the players Use Identical builds from Snowcrows hardstuck or the PvP Discord why because copy and pasting is a EASIER option then thinking for one self.

Theres a Reason guardian is the most played and Elementalist is the least played and It aint because guardians the underdog. i aint going to bother replying further.. your arguments go in circles continously. you dont care if things are or arent used by top players. but u decide to voice against Players who do, even though It'll have ONLY GOOD Impact on the players beneath them.

u seem to beleive people using meta builds, wanting to be Strong etc etc is a Minority yet it really is Evident that isnt.

Snowcrows, Hardstuck.gg Metabattle etc etc wouldnt exist if this was the case realistically... People copy meta builds... Ur correct Vast majority of the players dont care about being Optimal and play what they think is fun. but Heres the fact

Playing DH With any Trait set up Doesnt change the playstyle. With any Armour type. Doesnt change the playstyle so they just copy the build and go ahead from there.

Even my 60 year old Mother Asks me to do her characters Traits / Gear / Runes and Sigils.

you beleive these sites only exist for the very top 1% of the game? Lol. u think people would be making moeny, making profit and time to invest in that no. It exists because its Popular. Because it is bringing in income.

you think people like Teapot, mela, Mukluk, Boyce and these high end players are the most popular viewership in the game because people dont care? Lol, no.

Theres so much proven evidence which says your wrong while u Talk about "Unknown opinons and voices" people who Dont talk.. havent said if they're happy or how they play the game.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Heres the Problem

U are exactly what ur signiture says.. u beleive u can "crush Meta thinking" yet u cant, Meta Exists.

That's not what my signature is about. I know meta exists. I'M NOT the one trying to fight it here. You are because not everything can be meta. Crushing meta think is EXACTLY about recognizing that it's not a problem that Willbender doesn't have 10 man 100% uptime Alacrity for it to be useful to people. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

9 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's not what my signature is about. I know meta exists. I'M NOT the one trying to fight it here. You are because not everything can be meta. Crushing meta think is EXACTLY about recognizing that it's not a problem that Willbender doesn't have 10 man 100% uptime Alacrity for it to be useful to people. 

tbh if u go up. i actually support the idea of Alacrity being entirely Removed from Willbender. i dont think their inital Design should have been gone back on.

Willbenders first iteration clearly showed Anet designed this specc to be basically a Selfish high mobile DPS Effectively. my issue with it is they tacked on a buff that they've given to almost every other proffession now. with 100% uptime avaliable from oen player. the buff is Highly over-saturated because of how how used Alacrity now is. through 7 choices who all perform it better.

if Willbender was going to get a buff, it should have been a Unique one.

Ofcourse it needs 100% Uptime. imma boot you for a Revenant lmfao, if it isnt 100% it isnt Good. and you telling me "some players out there Dont care and wont run optimally" Doesnt make the decision any better Lmfao. they still put something in the game and INTENTIONALLY did not balance it with todays Curve.

you call it "Optimal" I call it a Easier run, lmfao. We are human. we take the path of least Resistance. a Revenant makes the game 10x easier then willbender for every other player in the group. thats just how it works. Better boon management = Easier Fight = Less Mechanics required to be known = Faster kills. its what we all want.

Again.

If other sources of alacrity were fine and no one cared, People wouldnt think alacrity mirage was dead right now. but rtheres a 1000x Complaints it is Dead. and those 1000 Playters DO CARE revnant is better then them

Edited by Daddy.8125

4 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

tbh if u go up. i actually support the idea of Alacrity being entirely Removed from Willbender. i dont think their inital Design should have been gone back on.

Willbenders first iteration clearly showed Anet designed this specc to be basically a Selfish high mobile DPS Effectively. my issue with it is they tacked on a buff that they've given to almost every other proffession now. with 100% uptime avaliable from oen player. the buff is Highly over-saturated because of how how used Alacrity now is. through 7 choices who all perform it better.

if Willbender was going to get a buff, it should have been a Unique one.

Ofcourse it needs 100% Uptime. imma boot you for a Revenant lmfao, if it isnt 100% it isnt Good. and you telling me "some players out there Dont care and wont run optimally" Doesnt make the decision any better Lmfao. they still put something in the game and INTENTIONALLY did not balance it with todays Curve.

Yeah I get your issue. It seems odd they would do that as a change but I can see why they did it based on the theme of the class. There is no reason that the buff should be 'unique' or 100% uptime though and certainly not because you think it's not 'good'. If that's your compelling argument, I completely expect Anet to leave it the way it is. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah I get your issue. It seems odd they would do that but I can see why. There is no reason that the buff should be 'unique' or 100% uptime, just because you think it's not 'good'. 

its not I THINK oh my lord.

Why cant U accept the fact by Factual Standards. its Lesser then the previous.

This is like Comparing a God kitten lambroghini and a renault clio, They both get you A to B Sure. but the dude in the Lambroghini Is going to win when pitted against you competitively.

If proffession A B C and D all provide 100% Alacrity uptime. and Option E Does Not. Option E Competitively is Below the other options. it dont matter if you Care about being Optimal. it Doesnt matter if u dont do the content the buffs used in. It dont matter if u dont even use the god kitten build.

ITS STILL WORSE. its competitively. Statistically, Numerically WORSE.

It does NOT matter to players who dont do the content if alacrity is 100% Uptime. it Does not affect players who dont care abotu being optimal. however the fact it is NOT 100% Affects those who Do care about those things.

To fix this issue is a WIN WIN with no Negative impact on anyone. its only a Positive Change

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Confused 1

its not I THINK oh my lord.

Why cant U accept the fact by Factual Standards. its Lesser then the previous.

This is like Comparing a God kitten lambroghini and a renault clio, They both get you A to B Sure. but the dude in the Lambroghini Is going to win when pitted against you competitively.

If proffession A B C and D all provide 100% Alacrity uptime. and Option E Does Not. Option E Competitively is Below the other options. it dont matter if you Care about being Optimal. it Doesnt matter if u dont do the content the buffs used in. It dont matter if u dont even use the god kitten build.

ITS STILL WORSE. its competitively. Statistically, Numerically WORSE.

Really, the problem here is that you are just like any other metapusher I've seen. You think that every change that happens needs to make you compete for meta spots with other classes in group content. I can absolutely assure you, there are reasons OTHER than this for Anet to change things. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Really, the problem here is that you are just like any other metapusher I've seen. You think that every change that happens needs to make you compete for meta spots with other classes in group content. I can absolutely assure you, there are reasons OTHER than this for Anet to change things. 

meta Pusher? XD I aint a Meta Pusher lmfao.. im a Copy and paste build casual who doesnt give a kitten for his Rotation lol.

I think the issue is, More people care about builds then you seem to beleive. I dont even PvE lmfao.

Keep defending this dead Specc on the back of your Concepts... your a Minority and the Rest of us just arent gonna let em in Lmfao... no ones Intentinoally going to run a Team with less then 100% uptime on a buff like Alacrity.

If i was a "meta pusher" i'd have a massive issue for Alacrity Mirage. While i dont. its weaker, but it does the job. Willbender Doesnt do the Job. thats the problem and before  uwanna come talk ur Fractal level 20s where Meta isnt used and people just group find the team and run through. the contents Developed to be that easy lol.

you have 0 Proof that people Dont care about playing optimally. you have 0 proof of statistically how many players use meta builds and you have 0 Statistical Proof of how many are affected positively or negatively by the state of Willbender.

I however have a Large Array of Logs, Statistics, Videos and Stream VoDS which prove People Do care about playing Optimally. We are human. we drive for the Easiest solutions.. to beleive Players are intentionally making content harder for themselves is a ridiculous hill to fight on.

there is One force larger then meta. its called community perception. and while we spread these words about this Specc. it'll damage it long term regardless of the final Product. because we're ALL dooming it.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1