Congrats to guardians *rolls eyes*

Aedil.1296

21 minutes ago, cat.8975 said:

As a dps pick it was looking pretty solid during this last beta. The alac build is *almost* fine too, it just needs a bigger radius and maybe the addition of Absolute Resolve increasing the base duration of the regen/alac by 25%.

(And before you bring it up, I'm sure they'll add another power mod or two when they fix the current bug w/ TM and chill.)

A alac build being below 100% uptime which CMC has stated is a intended thing. Isn't rly almost fine. When litterally every other option got given 100% uptime.

As far as I'm aware it's still below DH in DPS?... I mean one of these options are going to replace the other. They both effectively do the same thing. 

My posts generally started from a PvP standpoint which as stated by many isn't currently amazing at all. 

I was just curious to why the person is so quick to vocalise "there's no need for it to be meta" in threads talking about balance. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

A alac build being below 100% uptime which CMC has stated is a intended thing. Isn't rly almost fine. When litterally every other option got given 100% uptime.

As far as I'm aware it's still below DH in DPS?... I mean one of these options are going to replace the other. They both effectively do the same thing. 

My posts generally started from a PvP standpoint which as stated by many isn't currently amazing at all. 

I was just curious to why the person is so quick to vocalise "there's no need for it to be meta" in threads talking about balance. 

It's not as bad as people said it was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuHdbnAhHsQ

As for how it stands against DH, it'll probably be equal-or-better than DH in longer fights, but worse in very short bursts. The extra mobility is another thing to consider, as there are loads of places in instanced PvE where mobility is good to have (and it's pretty dang good in open world PvE too).

Words of wisdom: Ignore Obtena. You will not get through to them, no matter how hard you try. "Do not feed the troll."

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I still dont understand why u need to vocalize this against People having a Issue. these are Forums.

That's a simple one ... because I want certain things just like anyone one else ... and 10 man alacrity bot Willbender isn't one of them.  Yes ... these ARE the forums. That's exactly how the forums work. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/26/2021 at 4:57 AM, Aedil.1296 said:

LOL! 

Clearly u never played Ele, or you would know what it takes for us to do damage be it pdmg or cdmg (a mediocre damage) while we do super long rotation and we try to stay alive as well. And for the survivability, yes we can survive if we spec celestial and focus the entire build on being alive. The we do the same damage as a mosquito. 

The only massive thing Ele has is its rotation. 

I know ele has its issues as always it has in reliability squishyness and forced into melee range situation to deal reliable dmg but shouldn't you know be celebrating the variety and usefulness of new classes?  being so malicious to be wishing for a class to be useless is pretty much shows you have issues.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Confused 1

On 11/26/2021 at 3:57 AM, Aedil.1296 said:

LOL! 

Clearly u never played Ele, or you would know what it takes for us to do damage be it pdmg or cdmg (a mediocre damage) while we do super long rotation and we try to stay alive as well. And for the survivability, yes we can survive if we spec celestial and focus the entire build on being alive. The we do the same damage as a mosquito. 

The only massive thing Ele has is its rotation. 

I'm ngl hybrid weaver and power weaver do not have hard rotations. Condi weaver Sword isn't that bad either. D/F Condi weaver is alot harder to play yes that much is true. 

And it's survivability isn't as bad as some like to suggest, the problem is with all things active defense has a higher skill floor to passive defense so people fall over dead. 

I'd argue Weavers biggest problem currently is community perception of it realistically. Anyone like Mela, grimjack, blam and more could likely out DPS the vast majority of players in gw2 with the build. It's DPS isn't "mediocre" 

The problem is hybrid builds are so OP in gw2 comparitively. You have RR renegade which provides both alacrity and 36k DPS while the DPS ceiling even against the golem is like 40k. In a game which only requires like 20k DPS to progress through. 

I can agree. Weaver should be doing more DPS. Most likely 41k-42k on its sword builds (Condi dagger is so niche situational even if it got passively buffed in the process it wouldn't matter). So it's a good head above hybrid DPS builds realistically. 

But yeah the community perception built around it rly doesn't help. I'm a newer player and tbh I do more DPS with my hybrid weaver then i do with my DH not because I'm going to try say weaver does more DPS. But I'm just better at my weaver then my DH 😂

It didn't take me that long for Weavers rotations to become muscle memory and feel easy, however actively having to sustain does add to the difficulty. 

Primarily the reason I stopped playing my weaver as much isn't due to its DPS it's primarily because I spvp alot and playing a side noder role is quite annoying currently as it's very much meta wise un-needed and playing things like holo and rene/herald just naturally give me more control over games. 

But that's more a problem with how strong thief is in conquest currently. 

I do miss my weaver alot however sometimes :(. I hope catalyst in the end of it gets a more team fight centric build. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1