Vindicator Jump - Mist Portals

DonArkanio.6419

Hey, since the devs are already fixing some of the critical issues Vindicator has, I'd like to suggest something completely unrelated to balance or performance of the e-spec.

I think it could be a cool idea if Vindicator's dodge animation looked as if Revenant teleports in and out of the Mist Portals.

The jump on dodge is weird to me and out of place for this particular class.

**This change would mean embracing Revenant's theme as a Mistwalker.** We see these kinds of mist  animations on regular dodge, Staff 5, Sword 3, Axe 4. Or portals such as the one from Renegade's Citadel Bombardment, or Revenant's Mail Courier.

Also I think that this isn't impossible to implement since the Vindicator already has all of the needed animations.

Edited by DonArkanio.6419
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, Kidel.2057 said:

I personally prefer the current dodge/jump animation. I personally like it a lot. 

Anyway, if they had budget to spend on animations, wouldn't you prefer to improve GS instead of the dodge? I've seen some great concepts of floaty GS. 

IF we had a holywood quality animation would not be good towards pvp combat not wvw combat just more visual clutter to be rendered.

IMO the basic out of screeen animation is just a good evil thing.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

IF we had a holywood quality animation would not be good towards pvp combat not wvw combat just more visual clutter to be rendered.

IMO the basic out of screeen animation is just a good evil thing.

Another reason why the current jump ("out of screen") animation is good, it's also what I'm advocating for. If you meant my suggestion about GS animations, that wouldn't add any visual clutter. 

5 hours ago, Elric.4713 said:

Agreed, the hulk super jump feels out of place on Revenant so they should at least make so it looks like we fade into the Mists and then jump out (similar to the dodge as already mentioned).

The jump+land animation is something Rytlock does often as a revenant. It even opens a rift on the ground. It's not out of place. 

Plus the concept behind Vindicator is that they jump into action instead of dodging. Going through a mist portal would be like escaping, and would alsdo be very slow (or super silly if done at proper gameplay speed). 

Edited by Kidel.2057
added reply
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, AintGold.5128 said:

ANet could use just Mist effect from basic revenant dodge. Like, Vindicator is jumping and after 1 sec the Mist appear and Vindicator vanish in this, then later Mist appears again and Vindicator appears from this.

Yes for exemple they can use the same visual as Revenant Finisher 

GW2 Revenant Finisher from HoT Pre-purchase - YouTube

Pls Anet 

Edited by note tobi.7146
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, note tobi.7146 said:

Yes for exemple they can use the same visual as Revenant Finisher 

GW2 Revenant Finisher from HoT Pre-purchase - YouTube

Pls Anet 

The rytlock animation? That's so slow. On the dodge timeframe it would just make you grey for half a second.... The spec has other problems, stop complaining over something that's perfectly fine and just doesn't suit your personal taste. Plus it makes no sense lore-wise. Revenants can already do that, why do you need a Vindicator? 

Also please noticed that they made 3 separate animations for the 3 dodges, so that's not going to change, they're fully committed to this one.

Edited by Kidel.2057
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

This is my favorite Vindicator suggestion so far. Yes, please! Revenant has incredible style, and channeling the Mists is such a cool class motif. Let us really feel like revenants when we dodge as Vindicator. Now that you've said it I can't unsee it. 

The dodge doesn't have to be a jump, we can just crackle into and out of the Mists. Line it up with other shadowstepping revenant skills like hammer 3 and sword 3. I hope they find a way to incorporate the trademark revenant style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/1/2021 at 12:22 AM, Kidel.2057 said:

The rytlock animation? That's so slow. On the dodge timeframe it would just make you grey for half a second.... The spec has other problems, stop complaining over something that's perfectly fine and just doesn't suit your personal taste. Plus it makes no sense lore-wise. Revenants can already do that, why do you need a Vindicator? 

Also please noticed that they made 3 separate animations for the 3 dodges, so that's not going to change, they're fully committed to this one.

What the hell man, he probably just meant adding some of those effects (i.e. the character's silhouette turning grey and surrounded by mists as he appears jumping down) to the current dodge animation, not changing it altogether.

Right now, the first part of the jump is fine because the character goes all the way up, out of the camera's frame. But then he literally pops mid-way down, and so it's such a wasted opportunity if they don't add the trademark effects of the revenant to it.

What's up with you people just charging mindlessly against any suggestion of improvement being made? We love this game and want the best for it. At least try to understand the suggestions before posting against them.

• Thanks 4

23 hours ago, Ulysses.2058 said:

What the hell man, he probably just meant adding some of those effects (i.e. the character's silhouette turning grey and surrounded by mists as he appears jumping down) to the current dodge animation, not changing it altogether.

Right now, the first part of the jump is fine because the character goes all the way up, out of the camera's frame. But then he literally pops mid-way down, and so it's such a wasted opportunity if they don't add the trademark effects of the revenant to it.

What's up with you people just charging mindlessly against any suggestion of improvement being made? We love this game and want the best for it. At least try to understand the suggestions before posting against them.

You're also "charging mindlessly" don't you see? 

If tobi meant what you say he meant, fine. Could have just said so himself. 

You can't deny that 1. He didn't specify; 2. We are in a context/thread where people are talking about replacing the jump animation entirely. 

The way I understood his suggestion is perfectly reasonable given the context and the fact that he didn't specify a change of context in any shape or form. Frankly I don't even get why you infer a different meaning from the rest of us.

HE also replied to AintGold, who was suggesting to use portals instead of jump/land. So I actually think your interpretation is wrong. 

• Confused 2