Just a couple Power Spectre SC/D gameplay raw clips

AikijinX.6258

I apologize for the Google drive quality, but you can click the gear setting on the bottom right to change to 1080p with each clip. My apologies.

There's many more clips, but possibly for a montage, who knows.

SC/D Power is really in a good place in my opinion, and as long as you use your shadow shroud strategically, you'll survive encounters

Just make sure to utilize your shroud blast finishers and combo finishers in #2, 3, 5 in your Smoke fields, and when using your shroud 5 and people try to run away D/P 3 (Shadow shot) and close the gap while securing the stun

In the Deadeye clip you see that I kinda mis-clicked and opened up my WvW menu, but Shallow Grave was clutch in that circumstance and I siphoned and utilized my Hidden Thief stealth trait and smoke screen. Im just fortunate that he was running double rifle so he really couldn't finish the job 😛 (Although i should've just switched to D/P and stealthed up and not wait for him to get out of stealth to be attacked)

In the 2v1 fights I was running Pack runes, Full Marauder, with 100% crit chance. I truly believe having 100% crit chance is the way to go for Power SC/D, You definitely don't want to be caught in a situation where your twilight combo DOESN'T crit.

I'm still learning Spectre just like everyone else, but thought I could share some footage and tips

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mc3mm3SC_trW15-rshsVOCbiUC6QQ9Q-/view?usp=sharing (2v1 Double Catalyst)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11OAXNblYFJOpkR0vqEM6G4wxAcA9YfQI/view?usp=sharing (2v1 Rev, Catalyst)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TTEwAFijA53Jb9INJBzH0WnJCOvVP6Bu/view?usp=sharing (Just 3 Kills) Willbender, & Double Bladesworn

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dkJJwuc3kndxMlw8g4VL-sleh9HogsO1/view?usp=sharing (Me vs Deadeye)- Using Earth runes (projectile hate build minus the daggerstorm)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MxAW1e_KIUrXMXhkUgJfesldvWQqgz63/view?usp=sharing (Fresh Air Weaver)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ovFkZOP2cwNdlTD_g3LlOMc_oXL_ger3/view?usp=sharing (Twilight Combo Bug)- Twilight Combo needs a velocity increase or pre-cast time needs to be 1/4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NLGe_XPOUr4NU3q62LgK4SQmUEcx0p-_/view?usp=sharing (This is during Beta 3)- Look at the initiative generation and compare that to the generation now in beta 4. The beta 4 Spectre ini generation was nerfed (EDIT- 12/3/21- Initiative Generation was NOT nerfed, It was an oversight by me and forgot that I had Shadow Rejuvenation on)

Edited by AikijinX.6258
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Excellent fights and good use of shroud in a solo situation.

Thanks man. These are just examples of why I believe Power Sc/D spectre is in a good position. It just need velocity increase on shadow sap and twilight combo. But Shroud isn't as bad as people think, in terms of utility. It's very utility based. And super good with Smoke fields.

But did you see the Initiative generation video. Look how fast it generates, compared to beta 4

3 minutes ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

Thanks man. These are just examples of why I believe Power Sc/D spectre is in a good position. It just need velocity increase on shadow sap and twilight combo. But Shroud isn't as bad as people think, in terms of utility. It's very utility based. And super good with Smoke fields.

But did you see the Initiative generation video. Look how fast it generates, compared to beta 4

Yeah. Now the question is: Did they slightly increase base initiative regen in three or is it nerfed from base in four?

Ok... seriously, please revert the Initiative gain nerf AND don't reduce the Initiative for Specter, instead increase the amount needed for the Scepter skills and you will be good, at this point going without Trickery traits feel like the worse thing in the game. 

Regardless all the other nerf/buff complains and utility I think this is something Anet should address because it is feeling even worse than core Thief for going solo

• AikijinX.6258 changed the title to Just a couple Power Spectre SC/D gameplay raw clips

In you beta 3 video. Seems like your were getting 1 initiative a second,  plus an extra one every few seconds which is from shadow rejuvenation I assume. Which is currently what it feels like now.

I looked at your 1v2 vs the catalysts. Around 0:08 you were  at 4 initiative. At 0:09 you gain an another ini, then you siphon gaining 2. At 0:10 you were sitting at 8, which seems right?

You weren't running SR , that would have gotten you to 9 initiative since you were in stealth that whole time. Maybe thats what your noticing? Unless you were and it wasn't procc'ing for some reason.

Doesn't seem that much different to me tbh.

Edited by BobbyT.7192
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

In you beta 3 video. Seems like your were getting 1 initiative a second,  plus an extra one every few seconds which is from shadow rejuvenation I assume. Which is currently what it feels like now.

I looked at your 1v2 vs the catalysts. Around 0:08 you were  at 4 initiative. At 0:09 you gain an another ini, then you siphon gaining 2. At 0:10 you were sitting at 8, which seems right?

You weren't running SR , that would have gotten you to 9 initiative since you were in stealth that whole time. Maybe thats what your noticing? Unless you were and it wasn't procc'ing for some reason.

Doesn't seem that much different to me tbh.

In the Beta 3 video. You know what! I think it’s very much possible that I was running Shadow rejuvenation. GREAT observation. I was totally stumped. Ugh. How I didn’t see this for myself is beyond me. I normally run Rending Shade. But I guess I had been using S.R for that clip. That seems like the case. i just counted the intervals myself too after reading what you said. I just took a long breath and shaking my head. Great catch. Initiative Generation was NOT touched.

Edited by AikijinX.6258
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

In the Beta 3 video. You know what! I think it’s very much possible that I was running Shadow rejuvenation. GREAT observation. I was totally stumped. Ugh. How I didn’t see this for myself is beyond me. I normally run Rending Shade. But I guess I had been using S.R for that clip. That seems like the case. i just counted the intervals myself too after reading what you said. I just took a long breath and shaking my head. Great catch. Initiative Generation was NOT touched.

Lol was that why you thought it was changed? I was actually trying to time your vid's base regen with my client and I guess I mistook tiny bits of lag on my end as a nerf. :classic_wacko:

6 minutes ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Lol was that why you thought it was changed? I was actually trying to time your vid's base regen with my client and I guess I mistook tiny bits of lag on my end as a nerf. :classic_wacko:

Yeah bro x_x I totally forgot that shadow rejuv returned initiative, a total oversight. *face palm* Shows how much I use Shadow rejuvenation while running SA. (I almost never run it, because rending shade and Cloaked in Shadows I find more useful)

Well I guess the stuff that we talked about still works and can be done xD 

Edited by AikijinX.6258
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

What’s the build you run Aikijin?

woukd you change e build if you were using Sword/dagger?

Yes I would be running the TD trait instead, as well as Well of Bounty, I would also run Acro instead 😊

On 12/30/2021 at 5:53 PM, Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Now how does it hold up vs a nekkid condi DE? xD

Great vids man. I ran something similar for DPS Spectre with similar results. Was insane the DPS scepter has.

Yeah bro power Spectre is crazy. Now what we don’t know is how much they’ve either balanced ( nerfed ) or buffed certain aspects to Spectre. I wish there was another beta to really verify what we will be getting into before actual launch, but a man can dream. Haha. 

But I’m sure you’re super happy. You loved running your P/D Condi build. So this spec is like amazing to you😄

On 1/3/2022 at 2:01 PM, AikijinX.6258 said:

a. 

But I’m sure you’re super happy. You loved running your P/D Condi build. So this spec is like amazing to you😄

tbh I was happy with the initial beta of it...not so much the 2nd one with the balancing (thats why I tried DPS Spectre). The torment is boring since they changes how torment works (more damage when not moving) and I loved the #3 flip skill...before they removed the flip skill.

Cant wait to test it out again after more balancing