Water dragon will be killed?

Aedil.1296

15 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

If they did have DsD killed offscreen before EoD, who/what would be the main enemy of the expac though? Kuunavang doesn't seem like she's corrupted from the magic from the first teaser (more like she supports humanity, on the contrary). The government has shown no signs of hostility (seems like the xenophobia's been gone for a while now based on the previews). The jade mining company could be the main villain, but just doesn't sound large scale or powerful enough to have much impact (considering we have an elder dragon or two on our side, depending on if Kuunavang joins us).

I think it's possible that Jade mining could be the (accidental) reason to corrupt Kuunavang later in the story. We have seen that black fog or corruption leaking out of Jade (Jade Sea trailer at about 0:30). Also, there is that Artwork with Majory and Kasmeer and a Saltspray Dragon, surrounded by some kind of black fog and the Harvest Temple in the background.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 1:05 AM, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

You mean give him two maps, a dragon fight on the same scope as the actual Mouth of Mordrmeoth, a slew of DRMs to replace the third map he was going to get, as well as do rather extensive Asura and Dawrven plotlines... the same amount of content they gave the other Elder Dragons? Yep. What a travesty.

Can we drop this easily debunkable meme already? The level of deflection has gotten insane.

Don’t forget a whole Gw1 expansion, fighting his armies before pre-awakening… that’s gotta count for something too…

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Tyson.5160 said:

Don’t forget a whole Gw1 expansion, fighting his armies before pre-awakening… that’s gotta count for something too…

The destroyers as the primary foes of EOTN and Primordus being teased as the first Elder Dragon at the end of said expansion is precisely why so many of us expected not merely more from Primordus'story, but Better. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

The destroyers as the primary foes of EOTN and Primordus being teased as the first Elder Dragon at the end of said expansion is precisely why so many of us expected not merely more from Primordus'story, but Better. 

What were you hoping for?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What if the Water Dragon was chilling in the Jade Sea before it got turned to Jade? Would explain the fact that Jade Absorbs magic, the fact that so much magic is pouring into Cantha, give us a lore-appropriate reason as to why you don't see more of the Water Dragon (i.e. trapped), and be all around pretty hilarious

12 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

What if the Water Dragon was chilling in the Jade Sea before it got turned to Jade? Would explain the fact that Jade Absorbs magic, the fact that so much magic is pouring into Cantha, give us a lore-appropriate reason as to why you don't see more of the Water Dragon (i.e. trapped), and be all around pretty hilarious

If it was in the Jade Sea when it got jaded it wouldn't have been able to wake up as early as it did, and start its attacks in the Unedning Ocean as the Jade Sea has no real water connection to the Unending Ocean, and was still jaded over when Bubbles awoke.

There is nothing to suggest Bubbles was anywhere close to the Jade Sea, and everything to suggest its just in the Unending Ocean.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tyson.5160 said:

Probably too big, given how large he was even compared to Kralk.

They shrunk him quite a bit for Dragonstorm. I'm not 100% sure but I think his Dragonstorm model was only barely larger than Kralk's All or Nothing model.

Still, head and arms would have been better than just a head with chin slams.

But I think most people were hoping for a full half-season with Primordus, not fragmentary rushed five-or-six-condensed-into-one episode.

And honestly, having interspaced interactions across several years that even all together don't make up a full LW season, is not a sufficient quantity of story focus for an Elder Dragon that was THE Elder Dragon from the get go. Let alone forced to share all of that screentime with the second most anticipated and foreshadowed Elder Dragon from GW1.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

But I think most people were hoping for a full half-season with Primordus, not fragmentary rushed five-or-six-condensed-into-one episode.

It was 4-in-1. And even then, an IBS chapter's story was only about 45 minutes to an hour, with a good half of that was doing open world events between the rather short instances.

Between the 10 DRMs, Dragonstorm, Wildfire, the introductory instance in Rata Sum, and the various in-between conversations with Aurene, and Taimi, between the DRMs, you're looking at around 3-4 hours of story content in Champions. Aka, the same as if we had gotten those 4 chapters. Its just missing the extra fluff content in the maps and the "do these events 500 times" achievements. Which is exactly what Anet said themselves. Its the same story, just in DRMs instead of new maps.

And he did get a full half season. LWS3/4 set the precedence that a typical season is 6 episodes, half of that would be three, and unless math changed recently.

1. Ember Bay(Rising Flames)
  2. Draconis Mons(Flashpoint)
  3. DRMs(Champions P1/2)
4 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

And honestly, having interspaced interactions across several years that even all together don't make up a full LW season, is not a sufficient quantity of story focus for an Elder Dragon that was THE Elder Dragon from the get go. Let alone forced to share all of that screentime with the second most anticipated and foreshadowed Elder Dragon from GW1.

No Elder Dragon got a full LW season. Kralk only got 3 episodes. The same Primordus got.

And where was Jormag in Ember Bay or Draconis Mons again? You know, the first 2/3rd of Primordus' content?

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Confused 2

On 12/17/2021 at 2:46 PM, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

If it was in the Jade Sea when it got jaded it wouldn't have been able to wake up as early as it did, and start its attacks in the Unedning Ocean as the Jade Sea has no real water connection to the Unending Ocean, and was still jaded over when Bubbles awoke.

There is nothing to suggest Bubbles was anywhere close to the Jade Sea, and everything to suggest its just in the Unending Ocean.

To add to this, nothing says that the DSD would stay trapped in the Jade Sea either. I mean the base game lore shows that when Elder Dragons awake they cause world shattering events. Raising an entire peninsula from underwater and shattering the Far Shiverpeaks creating an inland sea. More than likely the DSD could easily escape unless there is some unknown property to Jade, though it seems easy enough for humans to mine it.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:50 AM, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

It was 4-in-1.

I was counting the theory of Wildfire being its own VotP (thus five) and the possibility of Dragonstorm being a separate Epilogue without a Tome entry (thus six).

Aka, the same as if we had gotten those 4 chapters. Its just missing the extra fluff content in the maps and the "do these events 500 times" achievements. Which is exactly what Anet said themselves.

It is not the same, that extra fluff of open world storytelling is pretty critical to any LW narrative since that's two-thirds of the narrative.

And care to actually provide a source for your claim of "what ANet said themselves"?

And he did get a full half season. LWS3/4 set the precedence that a typical season is 6 episodes, half of that would be three, and unless math changed recently.

1. Ember Bay(Rising Flames)
  2. Draconis Mons(Flashpoint)
  3. DRMs(Champions P1/2)

No Elder Dragon got a full LW season. Kralk only got 3 episodes. The same Primordus got.

And where was Jormag in Ember Bay or Draconis Mons again? You know, the first 2/3rd of Primordus' content?

Kralkatorrik was the main focus for a consecutive three episode story. That's what I mean by "a full half season". Not "inter-spaced across multiple years as mere sidenotes to the current plot of the time" but "the primary focus of at least half of a season - story and maps included." Besides that, Kralkatorrik had also gotten heavy backstage focus in Path of Fire as well as Season 4's Episodes 1 and 2, not to mention three maps in the core game.

Primordus barely got any focus in the core game, and only the inter-spaced 3 releases you pointed out. And even then, Primordus was not the main focus of Draconis Mons - that was "Balthazar and Zinn/Druids content" far, far more than it could be "Primordus content"; and he was barely much of one in Ember Bay and Champions (Jormag was a much bigger focus during Truce and Power than Primordus was).

Meanwhile, Mordremoth went and got a full 8-episode season and an expansion, not counting the backstage-in-hindsight presence in Season 1.

It just isn't the same, no matter how you may claim it to be.

EDIT: I actually find it humorous that you don't list Daybreak or A Bug in the System for Kralkatorrik, yet Kralky has as much focus (if not more) in those episodes as Primordus does in Rising Flames and Flashpoint, respectively even. I would even compare the amount of focus Primordus got in all of Champions to be on par to the amount of focus Kralkatorrik got in Path of Fire, which you similarly didn't mentioned as "Kralk only got 3 episodes".

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2