Themed Gen3 legendaries vs. unique skins

Now that we know, we are getting (at the later date) sets based on elden dragons for the Gen3 legendaries, in addition to core set based on Aurene - are you fine with ANet choice here or would you rather see unique individual pieces for each type of weapon instead of different versions of the same skin across the board? 

Edited by Krzysztof.5973

• Krzysztof.5973 changed the title to Themed Gen3 legendaries vs. unique skins

I think they are OK actually, I'm in the market to make some duplicate weapons (ie 2nd sword/axe/pistol/dagger) and going down the rabbit hole that the kralkatorrik axe would look great with my binding of ipos, the jormag axe would go with my frostfang etc. so i could be a while making some of these.

But yeah if they are cheaper than making a second shining blade then cool.

Edited by Dami.5046

Overall I would have preferred unique weapons with dyeable skins / animations. The issue with the gen 3 approach is that it requires the skins to be rather simple to work and we don't know where else they are willing to make some downgrades in order to keep the diversity high (e.g. the weapons shown during the stream were still using the standard sound animations which could lead to immersion breaking mismatches).

• Like 1

We still haven't really see every weapon's basic form yet. So I don't know if I would prefer unique weapons. I like that some kind of quest is involved to unlock variants though, that's interesting at least.

If our trade off is not unique but color variable that sounds worth it. I wish they had announced this before because saying they all look the same was a big let down.

It still remains to be seen for me at least if this is a good idea or not. Also they've made promises about legendary weapons before and that's why we have Gen 2.5 so I'm taking it with a grain of salt until they show work in progress models.

• Like 2

This system is better. If you like the look, you don’t have to be disappointed because it’s a weapon you don’t use.

If you don’t like the look, you can unlock one of the other legendary looks.

You can use the same legendary on multiple characters with unique legendary looks for each character.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1