The Core trait holding the Untamed back

Raiken.1476

Boon sharing between the ranger and the pet should be base line to the ranger class to begin with. Whenever the ranger is buffed with a boon, it should automatically apply the same buff to the pet. Fortifying bond and we heal as one should be reworked to something else to account for base line boon sharing between the ranger and pet.

I also believe that Pack alpha should be expanded on to give the pet increased protection and for it to gain increased resolution whenever it gains protection.

Edited by Abyssisis.3971
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

I also believe that Pack alpha should be expanded on to give the pet increased protection and for it to gain increased resolution whenever it gains protection.

I am very hesitant to put more into Beastmastery traitline. Anything they put in there goes straight to the Soulbeast which is not ideal. In fact I would "nerf" that traitline to make the extra stats and mobility baseline to the pets so it does not go into the soulbeast. 

Ranger just need to share the cleansing effects from traits and skills. The biggest issue with pets is the conditions, Pets need to endure the whole duration of them and most classes do have very long and bursty condition applications. 

In  WvW they also need to have better HP somehow closer or the same as in PvE. 

Although I also think sharing boons with the pets should be baseline for core what is a double edged sword: Pets will be more vulnerable to corruption. So pets need also the ability to cleanse conditions: By using the ranger utility / traits. 

My point is: Companions is the core mechanic of this class it should not need of addtional traitlines to make it useful.  

4 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I am very hesitant to put more into Beastmastery traitline. Anything they put in there goes straight to the Soulbeast which is not ideal. In fact I would "nerf" that traitline to make the extra stats and mobility baseline to the pets so it does not go into the soulbeast. 

Ranger just need to share the cleansing effects from traits and skills. The biggest issue with pets is the conditions, Pets need to endure the whole duration of them and most classes do have very long and bursty condition applications. 

In  WvW they also need to have better HP somehow closer or the same as in PvE. 

Although I also think sharing boons with the pets should be baseline for core what is a double edged sword: Pets will be more vulnerable to corruption. So pets need also the ability to cleanse conditions: By using the ranger utility / traits. 

My point is: Companions is the core mechanic of this class it should not need of addtional traitlines to make it useful.  

Merged soulbeasts wouldn’t benefit from increased protection/resolution, just like how merged soulbeasts don’t benefit from a lot of other traits that effect it’s pets.

And I agree, cleansing on a ranger should cleanse on the pet as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Beastmastery minor adept as "your pet gets your boons" is a splendid idea. For Soulbeast, as there are several traits that have a Soulbeast exception, there could be a "If merged, gain 150 Concentration", so you don't literally gain double the boons.

Just now, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Merged soulbeasts wouldn’t benefit from increased protection/resolution, just like how merged soulbeasts don’t benefit from a lot of other traits that effect it’s pets.

I like both ideas, i would like better to be baseline so I could get rid of the always there beastmastery traitline (9 years playing the same build in different elites is kind of  tiring) . 

But yes this solution seems like fun and reasonable. @The Boz.2038 in this case the trait Fortifying_Bond would need to be moved BM. NM has many weird traits in there just for the shake of it, instead being a Team oriented traitline is more like a discounted version of  the WS traitline. 

8 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I like both ideas, i would like better to be baseline so I could get rid of the always there beastmastery traitline (9 years playing the same build in different elites is kind of  tiring) . 

But yes this solution seems like fun and reasonable.

And that’s exactly why I just log my accounts, claim the daily reward and log right back out and go play other games which bring me more enjoyment.

• Thanks 1