Why bother with Warrior?

SoulGuardian.6203

After years of trying all classes and Elite Specs; and having created and deleted warriors time and time again.... I come to wonder why warriors have been victimised since the last patch way back in GW1, and their mediocre Herritage had stuck to them like a cursed legacy.

I wonder?

Warriors are neglected, overlooked, and their existence simply is just out of mere convenience.

This game has mistreated warriors poorly, and when a thief can beat a berserker with such ease, you can't help think that since warriors are hated so much; then why bother with them at all?

Let's look at the facts.

Warrior has might, Fury, blah blah blah.

The rest is mediocre stuff that has no effect on WvW or PvP whatsoever.

Thief:

Stealth (Invisibility), Shadowstep, Blind, DPS, speed, shadow return, rinse and repeat.

Fight duration:

Less than 30 seconds.

Fight result:

Berserker dead; Thief 90% Health remaining.

That makes me very, very angry.

For a Tank that is supposed to withstand a lot of damage, the Warrior simply is just too flaky and dies easily, and not deal enough damage.

It's because of things like this, that perhaps people are not spending more money in this game.

It's like being back at school, where suzy gets all the kudos for wearing tight pants, and bulky thick Dave gets a tap in the back and off you go.

ANet, I can seriously say how disappointed I am that balance is non existent in this game.

Invisibility should not exist, and a warrior Berserker should at least stand their own against an annoying bug such as invisible man that only decides to show up to strike you and back into a parallel dimention as they please.

I don't see that it's balanced or fair in the least.

I wonder why you have so much love for thieves, but Warriors, along with mesmers and perhaps Rangers too get pushed to the back of the line?

I've been in many 1on1 fights in WvW.

I know no one likes thieves because of how much overpowered they are, almost invincible as a matter of fact, but at least some or most classes can almost stand their own.

A full berserker warrior, with berserker ES doesn't last 30 seconds in a fight against a thief!?

I don't think that I ever raged quited a game before in my entire life, but I can see why people do it.

I would like to request that you go past that warrior hate that you have for some reaon, and could perhaps improve warriors a bit.

I think this class deserves it.

I don't see how it's possible that a class that has much more armour and power than a Thief can lose a fight against it in less than 30 seconds with hardly any damage to the thief.

Because thief has way too many advantages over a class that should be mighty powerful.

It kinda twists my nerves.

At least, back in GW1, even with the last massive nerf to warriors, they still could win in a fair fight, unless you were a tremendous master assassin.

Now, any average joe that uses thief can beat a warrior any day of the week... that easy...

Actually, thieves can beat anybody that easy, unless you absolute Master a class for 1on1 fights, which is something that Warriors should just have naturally from very basic core... and they don't, by any basic standards.

I don't understand why all the warrior hate is about really.

I have two now, a Berserker and a Spellbreaker, but I simply, with all honestly kinda lose the will with this class.

I just simply find them bland and boring.

No fun at all.

The only weapons that I find it has some spark in them is double Axe and Longbow.

Utility skills are just meh.

They are slaves to banners, which in the heat of battle are just an inconvenience.

ES don't improve that either.

Yet another headbutt and another slam, which are totally useless against a thief that keeps dazing you or interrupting you or whatever they do.

Which brings me to a point in why every fight with certain thieves in WvW, all utility skills and some weapon skills, on any class, seem to fail for some reason?

Anybody can explain that to me?

Because it looks very unusual to me.

But that's another story for another day.

I hope you guys consider improving this class.   

It is a shame really, that a class that is supposed to be respected is such a snowflake and such a joke.

I might end up deleting both of my warriors before this day ends.

They are that much of a disappointment.

To have characters that are blatantly useless just for Role Playing purposes... it's just not worth it.

Thank you all for reading.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Why bother with warrior?

Do you like to see the dejected eyes of your enemy after you’ve [Kick]’d their skull in? The utter lack of confidence of your prey as they know they are hopeless before your might? Do you not relish the comedy of foolish enemies trying to circumvent and sneak up on you in an attempt to win through underhanded tricks only to be thwarted with a great sword through the neck? Do you not enjoy shouting loud for all to hear, garnering their attention so they can see you bowling balls scraping the ground as you take a [Brave Stride] towards them? Do you not derive meaning from watching hordes of your foes shrink back before you, unsure of what method to use to approach when you leave them no openings? 

Why do you bother with warrior? Because you aren’t a coward. Because you don’t need underhanded tricks, silly duplications of yourself, burdensome doggos. Because you don’t stand on the shoulders of the hero’s who came before you, because virtue is for the weak and warrior will throw everything away to win. Because death is something warrior causes, not controls, and the elements of nature are base tools compared to Warrior’s fist. Because robots break when you punch them and because greatsword trumps all. 
We bother with warrior because warrior is the way way. Even if they should take away our weapons, warriors would rise with nothing but a pointy stick. Even if they should remove our armor, we shall just embrace the true tradition of the berserkers.

So why bother? That’s like asking why do you breathe? Or drink water? Or eat? Or kitten? It’s simply in your nature, and you cannot forsake you nature.

please add stow to gunsabre ty. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Why bother with warrior?

Do you like to see the dejected eyes of your enemy after you’ve [Kick]’d their skull in? The utter lack of confidence of your prey as they know they are hopeless before your might? Do you not relish the comedy of foolish enemies trying to circumvent and sneak up on you in an attempt to win through underhanded tricks only to be thwarted with a great sword through the neck? Do you not enjoy shouting loud for all to hear, garnering their attention so they can see you bowling balls scraping the ground as you take a [Brave Stride] towards them? Do you not derive meaning from watching hordes of your foes shrink back before you, unsure of what method to use to approach when you leave them no openings? 

Why do you bother with warrior? Because you aren’t a coward. Because you don’t need underhanded tricks, silly duplications of yourself, burdensome doggos. Because you don’t stand on the shoulders of the hero’s who came before you, because virtue is for the weak and warrior will throw everything away to win. Because death is something warrior causes, not controls, and the elements of nature are base tools compared to Warrior’s fist. Because robots break when you punch them and because greatsword trumps all. 
We bother with warrior because warrior is the way way. Even if they should take away our weapons, warriors would rise with nothing but a pointy stick. Even if they should remove our armor, we shall just embrace the true tradition of the berserkers.

So why bother? That’s like asking why do you breathe? Or drink water? Or eat? Or kitten? It’s simply in your nature, and you cannot forsake you nature.

please add stow to gunsabre ty. 

All that sounds great... in a movie... in Guild Wars 2 howeverrrr.

Friend. I just went WvW a couple of hours ago, and I couldn’t do sod all against a thief who killed my berserker twice.

Got ran over by an enemy blob several times.

For the first time ever in my life, I rage quited a videogame.

This is very significant, as it shows how much it takes for me to rage quit a game.

Not even Drakengard secret final boss that took 52 tries to beat made me rage quit, not even the 10 hour long fight with ultimate Dragon in FF12, not even the 3 big boss fights in Chaos Legion, etc etc...

For the first time ever, I rage quited a game, over how under powered a warrior is in this game.

I am so annoyed right now, that I can't even think about the game without clenching my fist and grinding my teeth, on how much of a joke they made this class.

When a thief laughs at you for killing you effortlessly... man, I can only imagine how warrior mains feel.

I'm done here.

Before I type anything else... you know what?

First thing I'm honna do when I mext play is delete both my warriors and the 4 thieves I have.

I might have to restrain myself from playing WvW for a while.

I AM that annoyed.

Anyways, you guys have a good one.

If I wanna play a proper warrior, as a Warrior should be, I'm gonna load FF12, or any of the other ones I've mentioned.

You know you're a warrior when you can solo maps... as you described so well, against hundreds of foes, just like in Drakengard.

Ok. Stay cool you lot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Friend. I just went WvW a couple of hours ago, and I couldn’t do sod all against a thief who killed my berserker twice.

This is very significant, as it shows how much it takes for me to rage quit a game.

Not even Drakengard secret final boss that took 52 tries to beat made me rage quit, not even the 10 hour long fight with ultimate Dragon in FF12, not even the 3 big boss fights in Chaos Legion, etc etc...

For the first time ever, I rage quited a game, over how under powered a warrior is in this game.

I am so annoyed right now, that I can't even think about the game without clenching my fist and grinding my teeth, on how much of a joke they made this class.

When a thief laughs at you for killing you effortlessly... man, I can only imagine how warrior mains feel.

I'm done here.

First thing I'm honna do when I mext play is delete both my warriors and the 4 thieves I have.

I AM that annoyed.

If I wanna play a proper warrior, as a Warrior should be, I'm gonna load FF12, or any of the other ones I've mentioned.

You know you're a warrior when you can solo maps... as you described so well, against hundreds of foes, just like in Drakengard.

Ok. Stay cool you lot.

Can I have your warrior gear?

1 hour ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I'm done here.

I AM that annoyed.

Ok. Stay cool you lot.

Sad to lose you, bro, but I definitely feel you. I routinely ask myself whether I should jump ship, too.  I do love this class and the way it plays, but... We'll see how the dust settles after EoD. I sure hope ANet gives Warriors some love.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Sad to lose you, bro, but I definitely feel you. I routinely ask myself whether I should jump ship, too.  I do love this class and the way it plays, but... We'll see how the dust settles after EoD. I sure hope ANet gives Warriors some love.

Whenever that feeling hits, run full glass Memeshot/flame or some tanky WvW build that still hits 8k Eviscerates.

Why bother?

Don't bother. Been there done that. I gave up after years tbh. Switched to revenant it's a blessing. 

Anet situation is an example why the old school mmo is a dead concept and why steam workshop has a future and these mmos don't. If this game had legal private servers that you can mod, people would have come up with a thousand diffrent solutions for the balance already. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I'm done here.

I AM that annoyed.

Ok. Stay cool you lot.

Well spell breaker is actually a solid upper-mid tier duelist in competitive modes, it just has a large learning curve, so good players can generally compete with any class in a 1v1 scenario fairly well (though there are some matchups that are brutal). It’s strength is it’s flexibility to any address most matchup. It also has solid utility in zergs with large scale boon prevention (specifically with WOD), and as zerker DPS. That’s not to say it’s good, it certainly isn’t close to meta as a duelist imo, and struggles vs meta duelists/side noders. However, vs the average eve player it should have no problems winning a 1v1 matchup if played  appropriately. 
You should keep at warrior. It’s not as ineffectual as you make it out to be if you develop a reasonable level of skill 🙂 

10 hours ago, RiyazGuerra.9203 said:

I've always wondered if GW had handled stealth more like WoW would thief have been more balanced.  Specifically I mean that if a stealthed thief takes any form of damage, it exits stealth.  If there is any DoT on the thief, they would be forced to expend a cleanse in order to restealth.

I'm going to say this very clear.

I might be wrong, but this is what I think...

The perma invisibility was done for the main purpose of Devs themselves using it.

It is a fact that they also use cheats.

I, along with hundreds of other people have seen it in the last Livestream they have done about Cantha.

● The 1HP invincibility.

● The Automatic Health Refill at the press of a button.

● Insta skill recharge.

● Massive damage to foes

Among others.

That's called a cheat trainers they do for themselves, and use it on their server in WvW and other game modes.

The perma stealth... err invisibility, unfortunately is going nowhere, because they need/want it for themselves; for various purposes, including following other players around to see their behaviour and playstyle... and also to check if players are not using cheats themselves.

Ofcourse messing around with other players and have a good laugh while doing it, it's the cherry on top.

Change my mind!

What I still don't get yet though, is why so much hatred for the warrior?

This started way back in GW1.

I remember when I first started playing GW1, I could dash and tank anything with my very first Warrior I named Cerberus.

I would run up to Mursaat, Jade Armour, Margonites, you name it... while eles, etc did their thing in the back.

It felt good, it felt strong.

Then the last huge nerf came along.

I logged in one day and was like... "WTF is this? Dis can't happen! " "My Poor Cerberus, what have they done to you?"

It was dying so easily... same foes, same map, same circumstances, same situation; but the warrior was no longer a warrior... it was a Little red riding hood, alice in wonderland, sleeping beauty.

No longer that bloodthirsty, ravious, powerful tank... it was a piece of shhhhhh...

Atleast in GW1, assassins have no invisibility, and their poor armour has to make them go in and out of battle accordingly.

Now they are invincible, untouchable... because devs need a tool to do their thing... and test WvW reconstruction and their own kicks out of seeing people being utterly useless against them.

Really makes you wanna play yhe game, doesn't it?

Perma invisibility alone is the main reason why for the very first time I raged quit a game, and since last night's WvW match, I started looking at this game differently.

I really wish they removed invisibility from this game, but they're not going to. They need it.

They could at least improve Warriors so in order for them to live up to their names.

This game gives warrior a whole new meaning.

In GW as a warrior, you're No Kratos, No Maximus, No Leonidas... you are in fact just a bloated version of Cinderela.

Powerless, Useless... hopeless.

Having a Warrior named Kratos and thinking that you can take on Gods, then you walk into WvW, and a mere mosquito of a thief does what it well freaking pleases, plays with you, then laughs...

It's kinda being in the opposite parallel dimention.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

To think that I was about to preorder the expansion. Was just about to buy it.

But I'm not so sure now.

Only few new elite specs tickled my fancy.

Mecha, The Rev one, and Guardian... ok, perhaps virtuoso too... one of my guilty pleasures.

Quite silly really.

I'll still play occasionally, but this Warrior thing really got to me... a lot more than I thought... and I don't even main warrior.

I just don't know.

My real problem is with invisibility, and I highly doubt that's ever gonna change.

On a more personal note.

I was spending way to much time on this game anyways.

This is probably a good reason to get away from it a bit.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Sounds to me like your warrior training is just beginning. What builds are you running? Just switch over to rifle or conditions and roll over those thieves.

Well, I never actually played it that much, because it never really impressed me to begin with.

Back in GW1, we could change skills from a vast selection, mix and match.

In GW2 I never had much motivation to play warrior.

I just found myself bored a few days ago, and thought to give it a good crack, to change the routine... but man, the disappointment.

Everytime I tried to tank, I had to run to the back of the team.

It felt like I was playing a dang monk back in gw1.

I don't think changing gear or build will make any difference against thieves, my man.

They are too overpowered.

Perma invisibility, plus all the other benefits that a Warrior simply just doesn't have.

Anyways.

It would be nice to play with you guys sometime.

Get some tips from you lot.

Dunno if we're even in the same server.

But as I mentioned before... since last WvW disappointment, and my very first Rage Quit,

I realised something... so...

I don't think I'll ever look at this game the same way again.

With all I've said, you'll know what I'm refering to.

Nice chatting to you guys.

Warriors are defo the nicest people here in the forums, by far.

Please don't ask who the nastiest ones are... 

🎭 😆

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

It will and it does.

Yeah in WvW a Sentinel or Celestial build will do well. They allow you to tank the opening burst and draw out the fight. The Sentinel build I used could still hit +8k Eviscerates post Feb2020 on thieves and it regularly ended the fight. Been playing other builds since then though. The cele build I was running went toe to toe with a condi DD for a very long time, the kind of long fight where you're both just done by the end. My sustain ended up just a little short on CD towards the end and I lost, but it was a seriously long and epic fight.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

This is only the first war transformation

After a solid character arc where you get farmed by necros you finally unlock the ability to channel wild animal damage.

Warrior will still suck but people will send you hate mail if you know when theyre out of buttons and manage to down them. 

embrace pain

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 2

Ok, so how do I build a Warrior as anti thief as possible?

I mean, I want to absolutely destroy them without breaking a sweat.

C'mon, help me out here.

I want thieves to run away... and I mean, absolutely leg it.

It's payback time.

Gimme your best build ideas.

I wanna reveal, then totally destroy them little hide and seek buggers.

1 hour ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Ok, so how do I build a Warrior as anti thief as possible?

I mean, I want to absolutely destroy them without breaking a sweat.

C'mon, help me out here.

I want thieves to run away... and I mean, absolutely leg it.

It's payback time.

Gimme your best build ideas.

I wanna reveal, then totally destroy them little hide and seek buggers.

Sentinel Build I used. Take a OMM if you want a reveal.

Cele Build that I used. Take OMM if you want a reveal.

YMMV in either case, but saving things like rush or bulls charge for when they are in an animation to cast stealth is good. Also good for repositioning after they teleport.

Take advantage if they are in an animation lock to hit them hard.

Taking Vigorous Shouts or Phalanx Strength will let you use FGJ for sustain in the middle of other actions to buy time or ride out a spike while you CC them. You can take OH shield for more CC if you think you need it over the DPS of OH Axe, but Dual Strike hits thieves hard, and if they blew their stunbreaks on things not stunbreak related then after Bulls Charge Axe 5 will wipe them.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1