So let me get this straight [Merged]

Dragontamer.9546

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Here's the Steam text in question:

wow, they're just keeping the same format completely. Can you imagine? Get this "new" game with 3 expansions you need to pay for, 3 in-between story seasons between these expansions that you need to pay for, loot boxes, and an extensive in-game cash shop.

lol, I can't wait.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

13 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

mizing money from LW sales at this point and risking a lot of people who are mad about how it's set up, is sort of like the classic DPSer in an MMO who is so focused on topping the charts they get wrecked by mechanics and now they are doing 0 DPS. Do you want a consistent rise in profits, some steady growth? Or you want to be greedy to top those charts and get wrecked by mechanics.

If GW2 bombs on steam it will most likely be because of LW seasons needing to be purchased separately, so yeah wrecked by mechanics sounds about right to me, I have aIways felt that LW seasons should be packaged with expansions. I look forward to reading the steam review rage about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

21 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

If GW2 bombs on steam it will most likely be because of LW seasons needing to be purchased separately, so yeah wrecked by mechanics sounds about right to me, I have aIways felt that LW seasons should be packaged with expansions. I look forward to reading the steam review rage about it.

So you rather have them buy 40 heart of thorns 40 path of fire and 30 End of dragons but with living stories included?

Yea I dont see that being a better option for many mate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

What i personally find, is maxing out leads to gold.

GW2, like GW1, doesnt have everlasting progression (i.e. WoW) meaning your goldsinks shrink as you complete content. First you get 80, then first set exotic gear, then proper stats on exotic gear... then you're done. Forever. You dont need ascended, you dont need >1k gold legendary, you dont need crafting. You may WANT it, but not NEED it.

You wont need to save gold to buy the level85 gear for example, cause its just - not - happening. You dont need to spend gold on consumptions or repairs either. So keeps on accumulating till you go on a spending spree.

So you reach a point where gold starts to accumulate, gaining a couple G naturally each day, and just sits there in your bag as a 3 or 4 digit number. No harm spending it on gems to unlock extra story content, if thats what you enjoy. Wether your desire is living stories, crafting, that final 1% gain in gear... its all fair ways to spend on ingame. 

Personally i bought plenty living stories with gems cause of occasional breaks in gaming over the past 10 years. Also bought crap like commanders tags (back in the day where it was still per character mind you), 2000gem mount skin pack, some armor skins.... You just reach a point where you gain gold from events/chests/random crap with nothing better to spend it on, then what you WANT.

Edited by Myrdreon.7398

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 9:50 PM, Dragontamer.9546 said:

So I have to buy the living stories just tp play them? I get it the price of the game content is 200 diamonds but still why do I buy any game Content after buying the game ?  They should just do what most games do and do  monthly fee MMorpgs are just a money sink. we all know this but it is getting to the point were you just are big money of you have to tack a loan out on your house just to play the game . I know if I Don't like it then don't play it yup I got it No need to say it .One more thing this game could do it if you are a new account you should get living story 2 for free. 

If you're patient they might just give them out for free. They gave out all LWS out for free last year during season of the dragons, and I believe Season 4 has been free 3 times: 1) upon release (this is actually always the case, it's soft FOMO, because you don't even have to do anything, just log in when during the month or so release period, 2) Upon release of episode 6 I believe? They gave out all PoF episodes for free leading up to the release of E6 because they're all needed for the skyscale. 3) again on the season of the dragons. 

I know it's frustrating. I occaisionally throw money at this game because it does so much right I never want anet out of business, so it's never really been an issue for me, but I get the frustration. I've called for them to make the episodes free many times just because I do believe it's an incredibly awkard experience for new players. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1