EU Beta Reset broken

Same for me. I was assigned to the wrong team and missed the whole evening playing WvW with them.

I assigned with guild [Ares] before the deadline and got the team of alliance guild [Side] (Server is Riverside).

Please reassign me!

Edited by Dookie.9572
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

When I first look at the Mist War menu all the maps are locked and it tells me to select a team.

Edit: I choose Fortune's Vale from the list below my guilds and now it's letting me queue for a WvW map.

Did you play WvW on that account within the past 30 days?  Supposedly only accounts that hadn't are given the option to select a team.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Did you play WvW on that account within the past 30 days?  Supposedly only accounts that hadn't are given the option to select a team.

Possibly not. I'd been taking a break from WvW but I can't remember exactly how long it's been.

But I'd been able to get in earlier the same day, after the beta started. That time I was on Griffonfall (unlike other people in my guild).

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dookie.9572 said:

Same for me. I was assigned to the wrong team and missed the whole evening playing WvW with them.

I assigned with guild [Ares] before the deadline and got the team of alliance guild [Side] (Server is Riverside).

Please reassign me!

I have the sam Problem, I assignet with the guild [ZdU] on Friday evening no guild was seleced, but i am sure that Thursday was [ZdU] seleced. Now I am on the wrong server.. with no other guildmember...
Plese reassign me! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Can you reply back with their in-game display names so we can take a look? Example: Josh Davis.7865

Here are two of them:

duke.5486
cydia.6734

They checked it right now, it still does not work for them, they can not enter WvW maps. What they have in common: They have selected (unchanged since last WvW beta) the same guild as their WvW guild.

Edit/Update: I myself am in 5 guilds. In the WvW panel, two guilds have an existing server name (Griffonfall, Titan's Staircase) and the other three guilds have "Unknown"-

P.S. For me it works, my WvW guild has a server name.

EDIT2: Another guild mate with "unknown" as the server name of her WvW guild told me, she had a list of servers/teams in the WvW panel and after selecting a team manually she was able to enter WvW maps.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

OMG! That a terrible news! I did play WVW on that account within the past 30 days and I was allowed to choose a team! According to that statement above I shouldn't be able to choose a team! So maybe my account is the reason why WVW is broken? Why did I choose a team, although I did play WVW? Maybe the beta will be fixed, if I delete me account?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Possibly not. I'd been taking a break from WvW but I can't remember exactly how long it's been.

But I'd been able to get in earlier the same day, after the beta started. That time I was on Griffonfall (unlike other people in my guild).

That's the problem I had.  I couldn't remember if I had played on my EU account within the past 30 days, had the choice to pick a team, picked Griffonfall and played for about 4 hours.  When I left WvW I had to pick a team again.  I believe some fix that was rolled out during the time I was in WvW reset my selection forcing me to pick again.

But I'm still unable to remember if I really hadn't played over 30 days or if it was some weird bug.

Edited by Chaba.5410

3 hours ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

OMG! That a terrible news! I did play WVW on that account within the past 30 days and I was allowed to choose a team! According to that statement above I shouldn't be able to choose a team! So maybe my account is the reason why WVW is broken? Why did I choose a team, although I did play WVW? Maybe the beta will be fixed, if I delete me account?

I don't understand what the sarcasm is supposed to be for.  I asked a question because it's pretty normal when you're testing something to see if the expected functionality matches reality.  Specifically automatic matchmaking is supposed to work on all accounts that have played WvW within the last 30 days.  It sounds like it didn't.  Collecting edge cases provides help in finding and fixing the cause.

Edited by Chaba.5410

On 1/15/2022 at 2:17 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Can you reply back with their in-game display names so we can take a look? Example: Josh Davis.7865

Hey Josh,

I have the same problem i´m in the wrong team,

My complet Guild (PotM = Pleps of the Mist) is on the Giants Rise Alliance.

Im the only one thats on the Grenths Door Alliance.

Is there the possibility to move me on the right Alliance?

My Account name is Snow.9176.

Thanks for your Help

34 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm trying to play WvW for the first time since Friday and once again it's telling me I'm not in a team and asking me to choose one, even though I picked a guild before the beta started.

This time I picked Silent Woods, which is the 3rd team I've been in this beta.

Wow!  I hope Anet takes a good look at your account to figure out what's going on with it.

30 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Wow!  I hope Anet takes a good look at your account to figure out what's going on with it.

It's weird because as far as I know it's only affecting me, but I hope they do look into it. If it still happens when the final version is released and someone can figure out how to trigger it (or takes advantage of it happening randomly) it could be used for spying, or even throwing matches.

Update: On Tuesday evening I logged in and (for the first time since the beta started) I was still in the same team I'd selected the day before (roughly 24 hours earlier) and was able to go straight into WvW and play as normal.

I'm not sure if that means the problem is fixed or it just didn't happen at that time, I'll keep checking.