Buying the collection ultimate

Dirus.8941

Hi everyone, I haven't played GW2 in many years, I have bought the game when it came out so I have that version. I plan to return and buy the big bundle (99.99 EUR) that includes everything.

Now, reading some posts on the internet, I have learned that bundled expansions didn't give the correct number of shared inventory slots, is this still the case? Technically I should receive 3 shared inventory slots given I buy 3 expansions. I currently don't have any shared slots, I only have the base game.

Can anyone share some knowledge to the situation? Thanks a lot!

11 minutes ago, Dirus.8941 said:

Hi everyone, I haven't played GW2 in many years, I have bought the game when it came out so I have that version. I plan to return and buy the big bundle (99.99 EUR) that includes everything.

Now, reading some posts on the internet, I have learned that bundled expansions didn't give the correct number of shared inventory slots, is this still the case? Technically I should receive 3 shared inventory slots given I buy 3 expansions. I currently don't have any shared slots, I only have the base game.

Can anyone share some knowledge to the situation? Thanks a lot!

Your buying 2 expasion mate.

Hot is free when you buy Pof now days so you lose out on hot shared inventory slot.

You do get the Pof and Eod ones tho I think.

• Like 3

I see, the biggest concern for me is this: If I buy the bundle in this formula, will I be able to buy afterwards the maximum number of shared slots using gems? Or will I be permanently locked from the maximum by not having bought the expansions separately.

9 minutes ago, Dirus.8941 said:

I see, the biggest concern for me is this: If I buy the bundle in this formula, will I be able to buy afterwards the maximum number of shared slots using gems? Or will I be permanently locked from the maximum by not having bought the expansions separately.

you will always lose the hot 1 unless you find a copy of heart of thorns somewere.

So max for you would be 25 out of 26.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dirus.8941 said:

Have you...done the maths on the cost of 24 shared slots? 

Or on what you'd do with 24 shared slots as opposed to, say, an extra bag slot?

This is a non-issue.

OK, so to remove any confusion and hopefully conclude this post, I will explain what I understand from this matter because I am technically a new player.

The wiki says this:

Currently, an account can have a maximum of 25 shared slots:

My uncertainty:

- If you have a basic account and buy the big bundle (all 3 expansions), you will receive 1 or 2 shared slots? Probably 1 as advertised?

- If you buy all expansions separately, you will receive 3 shared slots from them?

- If you get only 1 or 2 slots from the three expansion bundle, will you be locked forever from maximizing the shared slots? Or can you still buy the missing ones with gems to reach the total of 25?

If this is true and you can no longer buy the expansion related slots with gems, then people like me that intend to buy the whole bundle, will forever have their account limited to 23-24 maximum slots. That is where my problem is, I wouldn't mind to buy them separately if I could, but from what I understand that is not possible.

Thank you all for helping out.

28 minutes ago, Dirus.8941 said:

OK, so to remove any confusion and hopefully conclude this post, I will explain what I understand from this matter because I am technically a new player.

The wiki says this:

My uncertainty:

- If you have a basic account and buy the big bundle (all 3 expansions), you will receive 1 or 2 shared slots? Probably 1 as advertised?

- If you buy all expansions separately, you will receive 3 shared slots from them?

- If you get only 1 or 2 slots from the three expansion bundle, will you be locked forever from maximizing the shared slots? Or can you still buy the missing ones with gems to reach the total of 25?

If this is true and you can no longer buy the expansion related slots with gems, then people like me that intend to buy the whole bundle, will forever have their account limited to 23-24 maximum slots. That is where my problem is, I wouldn't mind to buy them separately if I could, but from what I understand that is not possible.

Didn't know that people who didn't buy the expansions previously had the max possible shared slots decreased.

I agree that it seems to be a weird decision from Arena Net. I figured the max slot cap was because of limitations , but apparently not if you are able to get more than what is able to be purchased. 

Seems like it would only benefit them to just increase the cap for people who don't own the shared slots from HoT/PoF and soon EoD.

• Like 1

Like some people have previously mentioned, maxing the slots is indeed very costly, however I always want to know what I spend my money on, and if it benefits me, even if the chance of me doing this is slim, seems only fair. Besides there will always be plenty of people that want to maximize their options.

Max shared bag slots (as well as max character slots) in this game are in a weird slot in that a few of those are tied to specific expansion versions and not available by other means.

If you worry about shared bag slots, there actually is a viable (if not better, because it gives you a multitude of "shared" slots) alternative: the permanent bank access express. It is (very) expensive (around 5k ingame gold at the moment), but if you put it in a shared bag slot, all of your characters will have access to your full account bank from anywhere in the game. That is a quality of life improvement no amount of shared bag slots (and especially not a 24th or 25th one) can ever give.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dirus.8941 said:

The wiki says this:

My uncertainty:

Holy kitten, call the Avengers! This is outrageous! Dude really, don't think min/max style, I have nearly 6K hours and I have around 6 shared slots. You'll never need that many anyways...

• Like 5

I'm not sure recommending the Permanent Bank Access to a new player is a good idea. They are extremely expensive, 5000 gold +/- right now. It is an extreme QoL item though, no doubt.

I'd say get enough shared slots to get by then wait for them to go on sale before buying more.

44 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I'm not sure recommending the Permanent Bank Access to a new player is a good idea. They are extremely expensive, 5000 gold +/- right now. It is an extreme QoL item though, no doubt.

I'd say get enough shared slots to get by then wait for them to go on sale before buying more.

Aye, yet the player was talking about buying 22-25 shared inventory slots.  My suggestion was as an alternative to that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Dirus.8941 said:

The wiki says this:

My uncertainty:

Don't worry about the trolls.  It is only logical to want to know what you are spending money on and whether there are differences in how you can spend the money.

Going from their ad you will only receive 1 of the shared inventory slots buying the "Collection Ultimate" that includes Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns. That means you miss 2 potential shared inventory slots.

To your question about applying keys once the collection is bought, I know for a fact if you buy a base game you can come back later and add a key for the "Deluxe" version.  The same was true for Guild Wars 1. 

My initial assumption would be you could apply a plain key later and receive the shared inventory slot.  However, I would error on the side of caution and buy HoT first and apply it to the account.   Then buy PoF and apply it for the 2 shared inventory slots.  Then get the "Collection Ultimate" if you want. 

Either way, you will be buying  HoT, PoF and "Collection Ultimate".

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Vanthian.9267 said:

Don't worry about the trolls.  It is only logical to want to know what you are spending money on and whether there are differences in how you can spend the money.

Going from their ad you will only receive 1 of the shared inventory slots buying the "Collection Ultimate" that includes Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns. That means you miss 2 potential shared inventory slots.

To your question about applying keys once the collection is bought, I know for a fact if you buy a base game you can come back later and add a key for the "Deluxe" version.  The same was true for Guild Wars 1. 

My initial assumption would be you could apply a plain key later and receive the shared inventory slot.  However, I would error on the side of caution and buy HoT first and apply it to the account.   Then buy PoF and apply it for the 2 shared inventory slots.  Then get the "Collection Ultimate" if you want. 

When purchasing a Digital Deluxe Upgrade, no Shared Inventory Slot is included.  As noted above, if one can find a Heart of Thorns Serial Key to purchase, one would be able to acquire the included Shared Inventory Slot. Same with a Path of Fire Serial Key (which includes Heart of Thorns).  If one did purchase those two expansions, there would be absolutely no reason to purchase the Ultimate Collection, as that would just be a waste of money.  One would need only purchase End of Dragons, Ultimate Edition or otherwise.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Vanthian.9267 said:

Thank you. Very detailed and to the point, it was all I asked for. As for potential trolls, that's fine, I met enough people in life with nothing else but big mouths, developed quite a thick skin because of that. The funny thing is, no matter how on point your topic is, there will always be some people that like to boast with their personal achievements instead of actually helping out and staying focused on the actual problem.

• Confused 3

You would not be able to apply any other Serial Keys to Ultimate Collection.  I mean, you could, but it would not change anything.  It would not add any Shared Inventory Slots, or Character Slots, or anything else.

So, if you are looking for additional Shared Inventory Slots, do not purchase the Ultimate Collection...or purchase Ultimate Collection and buy additional Shared Inventory Slots from the Gem Store. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You would not be able to apply any other Serial Keys to Ultimate Collection.  I mean, you could, but it would not change anything.  It would not add any Shared Inventory Slots, or Character Slots, or anything else.

So, if you are looking for additional Shared Inventory Slots, do not purchase the Ultimate Collection...or purchase Ultimate Collection and buy additional Shared Inventory Slots from the Gem Store. 

I see, thank you, this makes sense.

• Like 1

I think it will be pretty hard to find a heart of thorns serial key now mate so its permanent 1 less.

Better to ask Anet to add an extra in the store in the Quality of life thread and hope they do it so all can have the max numbers.

It really is a win win for everyone.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2