Virtuoso Prep - Power or Condi??

Quietas.4891

If you want damage you will want to go full zerk in raids and fractals. Marauders like in my previous post will not cut it because they already nerfed Virtuoso's damage as it is, and the "bladesongs" are weaker then shatters at 5 blades vs 3 clones 1 IP. The reason why their benchmark is so high is because that is in a raid setting with different boons stacked up. People often fail to see what and how many types of different boons including class exclusive like banners etc are stacked. 

In a typical raid setting you sometimes will not even have all those different classes in a group.

38 minutes ago, Exciton.8942 said:

Given what we see in beta, you want to go full power for all PvE contents for effectiveness. However, this can easily change in the future if devs decide the spec need a competitive condi variant.

Chaos Virtuoso!!!!  I like going against the grain, and Condi Virt was fun, and I look forward to playing around with it after EoD drops.  Might not make the cut but, Power looks boring, Dagger looks boring, Sword is boring.... effectiveness means nothing if the spec is not engaging to play (to each their own tho, I am sure someone is gonna love Power Virt).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/10/2022 at 12:18 AM, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Chaos Virtuoso!!!!  I like going against the grain, and Condi Virt was fun, and I look forward to playing around with it after EoD drops.  Might not make the cut but, Power looks boring, Dagger looks boring, Sword is boring.... effectiveness means nothing if the spec is not engaging to play (to each their own tho, I am sure someone is gonna love Power Virt).

Condi Virtuoso plays exactly the same as Power Virtuoso.

5 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Condi Virtuoso plays exactly the same as Power Virtuoso.

Except not using Dagger, Sword or Greatsword?  

5 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

And condi virt was bugged doing way more damage than it should've done.  There's nothing in virt that makes condi good.

Acknowledging there was a bug and also acknowledging that there will probably be another pass of traits, skills and numbers, I am interested to see what Condi Virt plays like at EoD launch. It could very well be garbage, but since Chrono and Mirage will see little to no change most likely, I’ll be spending some time in this space before looking at other professions. 

Because ultimately, Virtuoso was not a play style I really enjoyed during the betas, but I love Mesmer and am keeping an open mind to what we see at launch. 

1 minute ago, Levetty.1279 said:

There is only one major source of condi on Virt and that is with a trait that only works on dagger and psionics. WTF are you using if you aren't using dagger?

You do mean Jagged Mind yeah?  That works with Blade attacks, which include all Bladesongs and all Virtuoso Utilities.

Also, if I am not using Dagger, Sword or Greatsword, that leaves Scepter, Staff, Pistol and Torch as sources of Conditions.  Plus any number of Core Traits that can add Condi as well.

Just now, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

You do mean Jagged Mind yeah?  That works with Blade attacks, which include all Bladesongs and all Virtuoso Utilities.

Also, if I am not using Dagger, Sword or Greatsword, that leaves Scepter, Staff, Pistol and Torch as sources of Conditions.  Plus any number of Core Traits that can add Condi as well.

So if all your condi is coming from core Mesmer, why are you taking Virtuoso? Especially as Virtuoso nerfs scepter and Staff damage by about 50%.

Just now, Levetty.1279 said:

So if all your condi is coming from core Mesmer, why are you taking Virtuoso? Especially as Virtuoso nerfs scepter and Staff damage by about 50%.

Cause ultimately I won't play Power Virtuoso because I don't like those weapons much, and if Condi Virt isn't viable then I will probably drop Mesmer for another profession.  While we do have a good idea of how the new eSpecs will play out, I will want to have hands on time to see how it actually plays.

Bear in mind that I generally have not liked Virtuoso at all.  I dislike the implementation of Dagger and found the overall Virtuoso playstyle to be not engaging.  Yet it is the eSpec Mesmer is getting and rather than having a negative attitude about what it is or isn't, I am trying to keep an open mind to what the developers are giving us.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Cause ultimately I won't play Power Virtuoso because I don't like those weapons much, and if Condi Virt isn't viable then I will probably drop Mesmer for another profession.  While we do have a good idea of how the new eSpecs will play out, I will want to have hands on time to see how it actually plays.

Bear in mind that I generally have not liked Virtuoso at all.  I dislike the implementation of Dagger and found the overall Virtuoso playstyle to be not engaging.  Yet it is the eSpec Mesmer is getting and rather than having a negative attitude about what it is or isn't, I am trying to keep an open mind to what the developers are giving us.

But that is a completely different point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1