Jade Bot [Lore Discussion]

EdwinLi.1284

As with any advance technology, a helper bot is normally introduced. Meet the Jade Bot!

In my personal opinion, it is rather cute and makes sense lore wise as with convenience of jade tech, the normal citizen may desire a helper bot as well. Not to mention the Jade bot is probably great toy to give to kids in Cantha. 

Function wise, I love how the Jade Bot Mastery will focus on improving past expansion masteries along side focusing on new EoD functions. It even adds a new self revive ability when in down status but probably on a long cooldown.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

It even adds a new self revive ability when in down status but probably on a long cooldown.

This will be so convenient in story missions when you have 3-5 NPCs who just sit there staring at me bleeding out on the ground but not doing a kitten thing about it! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But yeah, it'll be great for exploration. And honestly, if they do Original HoT difficulty in Cantha that would justify the need for the Jade Bot Revive that would be excellent!

• Haha 1

I just hope it's not as annoying as the O-Tron backpack and tools. In-coming gemstore gathering tool skins though.

Not much to talk about in regards to the lore, imo, since it just seems to be an all purpose jade golem. The jade version of the o-tron model golems, basically.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I wonder if there will be a jade bot ability in WvW though... Not the self revive of course, but the gliding, mount, and salvaging bits.

Probably not. PvE masteries don't have a version in WvW, and those that do like gliding need a separately added WvW Ability line added. At which point, the gliding and mount jade golem abilities might as well just be added to the end of the gliding and warclaw ability lines - whether or not it includes the aesthetic.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Probably not. PvE masteries don't have a version in WvW, and those that do like gliding need a separately added WvW Ability line added. At which point, the gliding and mount jade golem abilities might as well just be added to the end of the gliding and warclaw ability lines - whether or not it includes the aesthetic.

That's what I mean. I wonder if they will be adding in a Jade Bot ability line.

56 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I just hope it's not as annoying as the O-Tron backpack and tools. In-coming gemstore gathering tool skins though.

Not much to talk about in regards to the lore, imo, since it just seems to be an all purpose jade golem. The jade version of the o-tron model golems, basically.

I am assuming by design, these jade bots won't have voices but make cute "beep boop" noises. Most likely to also allow Jade Bots to function as robot pets for people in Cantha considering they literally have a store for Jade Bots in cantha as seen in this trailer. The store even looks like one of those Pet and toy stores.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

So going by the trailer, and the various articles, this thing can

• Make fast travel points
  • Revive the player from down state
  • Make your skiff go faster
  • Make mount vitality regen faster
  • Provide updrafts
  • Can be taken control of and used to navigate around
  • Works ziplines
  • Interact with jade tech batteries to get charges to open things like chests/power up defense turrets
  • Can be used as a screenshot tool

So It does everything... Nice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

So going by the trailer, and the various articles, this thing can

• Make fast travel points
  • Revive the player from down state
  • Make your skiff go faster
  • Make mount vitality regen faster
  • Provide updrafts
  • Can be taken control of and used to navigate around
  • Works ziplines
  • Interact with jade tech batteries to get charges to open things like chests/power up defense turrets
  • Can be used as a screenshot tool

So It does everything... Nice.

I can imagine the type of advertisements they may have for Jade Bots in Cantha as a common day tool for civilian life.

"It does everything from helping you around the house, taking care of your kids, helping you get from point A to point B, and so much more!

Jade Bot! Your new best friend!"

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

I did enjoy the dialogue at the beginning that has the upbeat feel of WW2 or 1950s propaganda reels.

Better living…. through JADE (tm)!

With the public holographic news announcers it feels like this could be in-world in tone.

Edited by Gibson.4036

I find it amusing that it was developed by Xunlai. Interesting to see that they went from a storage managing organizations to a golem producers of some sort. Would be neat to see how this guild grew. Would be neat to see them manage your bank storage and or trading post instead the BLTC 

• Like 1

Xunlai Jade Company, as the name implies, is a company (probably closer to the Consortium Corporation in Tyria) rather than a guild.  I dislike how fantasy abuses the guilds and I'm glad Arenanet has decided to make them a company instead, more fitting for the level of advancement of Cantha. Joon herself, owner of Xunali Jade, is the illegitimate child of the previous Canthan Emperor and half-sister of Empress Ihn. I suspect that she will play a similar role (maybe a foil) to Master Togo, half-brother of Emperor Kisu back in Factions, allowing us to get very close to the Empress, even if her role is that of an antagonist.

Given their power and influence and how close they are to the Canthan throne and their prevalence in Kaineng, it could be that Xunlai Jade is a chartered company If so, they probably have exclusive rights over jade technologies granted by an Royal (Imperial) Charter with the biggest investor being the Empress herself. Regardless, they will likely be a major player in the story and maybe the following living season (they may even have their own military in form company troops or colonial infantry). 

Edited by Legion.4198
  • Thanks 1