The roamming variety

Zekent.3652

I am not facing a lot of condi bunkers, the majority are thief gankers who can't wait to outnumber you and bm for how good they are.

Second most popular are definitely soulbeasts and scrappers both in power rarely in cele or bunker.

The rest of the professions are mixed, some rev, some dh some weaver and mesmer, some in power, some in condi.

People are playing not super tanky builds seems because everyone dies nice, even tho we are in a celestial meta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

However, you touch on an important point; what happens when the mediocre players run into each other or better players? 
This is where ganking becomes prevalent in wvw. The two fight until someone comes to assist. This eventually starts to snowball into a gank squad running around killing solos or small groups. It’s just what people do when they can’t win. 

That is literally what you do to win. 

Probably the worst thing I know of is people that dont recognize their own skill and how well they play their build. If it's a solo you will go 1v1 and loose every time against them. You might even go 2v1 and still loose because they are using a stupid OP build and they're just that good at playing it. Even worse if it's a 2+ man opted group that bring an incredibly strong combo that can beat any equally sized group they meet. They will be GG this is fine, roaming is going great. We're not good, you're just bad. As long as THEY win everything is fine. Then the moment they loose - probably to a 3v1, 6v2 because that many was literally needed just to beat them - they go absolutely berserk and foam at the mouth while whispering nonsense to people because now it's ganking.

Dealing with it is known as escalation of combat by bringing in more people if the enemy bring in more, or in other words... playing WvW.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

The key to beating Condi Bunker is interrupting their heals and/or poisoning them. I have been a victim of the thing I just posted when I would run a Condi Bunker, and also successfully did the same against opponents who are Condi Bunkers. 

After I while I lean more on power now with condi as a supplement, and a little less tanky for that extra power/prec/fer dps.

17 hours ago, Avion Blade.4869 said:

The key to beating Condi Bunker is interrupting their heals and/or poisoning them. I have been a victim of the thing I just posted when I would run a Condi Bunker, and also successfully did the same against opponents who are Condi Bunkers. 

After I while I lean more on power now with condi as a supplement, and a little less tanky for that extra power/prec/fer dps.

Indeed, that's a very good way to deal with them, poison (sigil if your class dont have it) and focus your CC to rupt their heals.

On 2/13/2022 at 12:28 AM, Zizekent.2398 said:

Why is the roamming so filled of condi bunkers, pew pew rangers, SA thieves with scopophobia (fear at being seen) and barely something else, where's the diversity at this part of wvw? 

TERRIBLE class design and aversion to ANY balance changes in WvW by the devs is why.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1