Re-Balancing Mirage Traits (Suggestions)

Avion Blade.4869

Non-Selectable Passives Remain the Same:

Mirage Cloak

Nomad's Endurance

Speed of Sand

Selectable Adjustments:

Self Deception:

Using a Deception skill will create a clone if you have any other clones active

Update In Addition to Above: Deceptions Skills Cooldown are Reduced by 20%

Renewing Oasis:

Gain Regeneration when you gain Mirage Cloak. The Duration of Incoming Damaging Conditions is Reduced while you are regenerating.

Update in addition to the above: Grant Regeneration to allies (up to 5) when gaining Mirage Cloak.

Riddle of Sand:

When entering Combat your first Ambush Attack applies Confusion. This Ability Refreshes when you use a shatter skill.

Update altering the Above: When entering combat your Ambush Attack applies Confusion. This Ability applies to every ambush attack.

Desert Distortion:

This Remains the Same.

Mirage Mantle
Gain Protection when Mirage Cloak Ends

Update adjusting the above: Base Duration changed from 1.5 Seconds to 2 Seconds

Mirrored Axes

Remains the Same

Infinite Horizon

Remains the Same

Elusive Mind

Cleanse 3 conditions (instead of two).

Dune CLOAK

Enter Stealth for 2 seconds after Touching a Mirage mirror without attacking during the evade frame, additional touches add toward stealth; steal boons in the process. Attacking during evade frame from mirror touches will not enter stealth. *Damaging opponents from touching mirror (shattering the diamonds) does not reveal stealth or prevent stealth*. Attacking using any other attack will cause decloak.

What do you think?

Edited by Avion Blade.4869
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

What I had in mind is a little more support role, and a stealth option for column 3 bottom. Some cooldown decrease for deception (similar to chaotic column 1 bottom option for manipulations).

If you disagree or have alternative or like how it is now, go ahead and post it! Looking forward to a nice discussion! Thanks!

Personally, I'd like to see Dune Cloak reworked into granting alacrity in an area when you use an ambush skill, and having that ability removed from staff in exchange for the damage from staff ambushes going up. Would mean that alacmirage isn't locked into double staff, but losing Event Horizon means that alacmirage can be balanced to have lower damage than a DPS mirage without nerfing staff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/18/2022 at 7:19 AM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

or how about not give alacrity to mirage in the first place and rework dune cloak into an actual GM along with elusive mind....?

This. Doesn't make much sense thematically. I could have understood selfish Alacrity to some extent. But not for the group.

However, having it on a trait would still be much better than having it on one single Ambush.

If ANet wants Staff to be more supportive, they should sort out Staff#4 and Chaos (Master and GM tier). And if they want more support options for Mirage, they could have made it Protection, maybe Boon extension instead of application and Superspeed. Theoretically they could also do something with Mirrors. But to be honest, I want them gone. Or at least incorporated into Shatters to make them more accessible instead of basically gating them by a Utility group.

Renewing Oasis: BASE/FIRST  required to work for poison too, and then the rest !

Desert Distortion: adjust so as to return the second dodge in all modes

Dune CLOAK revise the damage from my ability to be at the level of infinite horizon.
(For example _ give
Quickness all clones and mesmer for long time)

Edited by Zraurum.8493

Excellent suggestion. I'd offer the same. Giving up infinite horizon is huge dps loss. If anet remove alac from staff to trait where the same line with infinite horizon, that will be support automatically. On the other hand, scepter would be viable maybe and also we can use alac underwater combats. 

I have another suggestion. I have no problem 1 dodge mirage in pvp or wvw. 2 dodge mirage was too op and would be. But I'm uncomfortable I cannot use enough ambush skills because of 1 dodge. I think mirage mirrors should stack in the character not in the field. Gathering mirrors with range weapon is not problem but with melee weapon like axe is pain. I use staff-axe/torch in wvw, in couple seconds, there is only skill which you are able to use is autoattack. Clones dies in seconds, rest skills are on cd, no endurance to trigger ambush. You cannot kill anybody with spamming 1. 

Am I thinking wrong? 

On 2/18/2022 at 5:10 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Personally, I'd like to see Dune Cloak reworked into granting alacrity in an area when you use an ambush skill, and having that ability removed from staff in exchange for the damage from staff ambushes going up. Would mean that alacmirage isn't locked into double staff, but losing Event Horizon means that alacmirage can be balanced to have lower damage than a DPS mirage without nerfing staff.