Apply stealth to miniatures

Colin.4568

8 hours ago, Donzi.8217 said:

I don't think that this is a good idea in general. There are also many (predominantly new) players that can be seen are still on mounts during stealth, are they going to suggest to make mounts invisible too?

mounts are different. that has an actual gameplay purpose in WvW. Minis have no purpose as they are toys. like other toys, it should have no effect on gameplay. But in this case it does, because it was an overlooked design flaw.

6 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

mounts are different. that has an actual gameplay purpose in WvW. Minis have no purpose as they are toys. like other toys, it should have no effect on gameplay. But in this case it does, because it was an overlooked design flaw.

They'd have no effect on gameplay if you hide them. Press H, click equipment, click miniatures, uncheck the box. One key and 3 mouse clicks.

Since the beginning when people enter WvW, if they care about stealth they'll hide their mini. If they care more about displaying a mini than proper stealth then that's their decision.

Stealthing minis could actually have a detrimental effect on gameplay anyway. Shadow Refuge for example effects up to 5 targets. So if the minis could be one of the 5 it would be even worse, minis give a rough idea of where you are,in a group every mini that stealth gets applied to means one player won't get stealth. So the enemy will know exactly where you are, not just know roughly where to swing their weapon all because somebody thought displaying their miniature was more important than stealth. So the group leader requests we hide miniatures, and we're back to the way it is now.

• Like 1

Players use them in PvE as a part of their cosmetics.

For players that play both PvE and WvW, having to constantly hide and unhide them, sometimes several times a day, quickly becomes not worth it and players just end up leaving them disabled all the time which effectively makes the miniature system useless.

It needs to be fixed, to argue otherwise is just being selfish because you like easier fights. If we based all QoL changes on such arguments the game would be much worse for everyone.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

Players use them in PvE as a part of their cosmetics.

For players that play both PvE and WvW, having to constantly hide and unhide them, sometimes several times a day, quickly becomes not worth it and players just end up leaving them disabled all the time which effectively makes the miniature system useless.

It needs to be fixed, to argue otherwise is just being selfish because you like easier fights. If we based all QoL changes on such arguments the game would be much worse for everyone.

Isn't this a bit exaggerated? It's a few clicks. You don't even need to show your miniature every time you leave WvW. And, well if you aren't intending to be in WvW for that long, you don't need to hide it.

I just think reprogramming it would be time wasted for something players can do with a few clicks. It would be like complaining that when you leave WvW your selected mount will be the Warclaw, two clicks and it's the Skyscale again.

I'm not looking for easier fights. With how few minis I see in WvW  that wouldn't happen much. Then when I do see minis it's usually at the Veteran Creature spawn points. I could imagine if I see a mini there, the player isn't in to fight other players. I don't actually fight if i know they are waiting for the spawn. If they are happy to leave me I'll leave them and we both get our daily. If they attack me I'll fight back but I'd feel silly if I attacked them, they beat me, send me back to the waypoint, I miss the spawn and need to wait when I could have shared it with them. But in that case being able to stealth a mini probably wouldn't save a player who plays very little WvW or PvP against a regular WvWer.

On 2/26/2022 at 6:36 AM, Shroud.2307 said:

Why do people stack Infusions.

Why do PvP players think the only dye that exists is Shadow Abyss.

Why do people use Titles that have no prestige.

The answer to all of those is that people like them.

I understand Minis have an effect on performance, but they're disabled by default when there are enough players on the map. There's no reason to want them removed other than people thinking they're pointless.

You know its an expert roamer if they wear glasses, scarf, abyss dye, killer queen or contract killer titles and have funky colored hair.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

You know its an expert roamer if they wear glasses, scarf, abyss dye, killer queen or contract killer titles and have funky colored hair.

Or they're from EU and either top tier PvPer or just omega sweaty tryhard when it's a Human or Sylvari with ash black skin, black hair, and usually red eyes, lol.