Bug - Spiritual Childcare [Merged]

Edit: the following are bugged

Plays with Drakes.

Watches Aetherblades near the monastery.
Plays amidst the monastery's landscaping.
Admires the landscaping of Seitung Harbor.
Adores cats.

"Hint: Likes to hide in garden landscaping" is bugged - the three bushes are interactable, and the first bush correctly applies 1 stack of focussed buff, but the second bush does not apply a second and just refreshes the duration infinitely. Have tried every single combination of interacting, and it will remove the focussed buff entirely - cannot spawn the chest.

Have tried this in two different instances and two different characters.

Edited by Lottie.5370
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, PixelDag.6752 said:

Can confirm. I was able to do it at launch but it didn't register as completed in my achievements. I think "Plays amdist the Monastery's landscaping" is also bugged, it is no longer giving me the prompt to do the race along the edge of the cliff.

Garden one is fixed for me as of last patch

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gaelicvixen.6401 said:

Garden one isn't working for me. The nearest flower box gives the Focused buff but interacting with either of the other two removes it, and standing in the kitsune circle with the buff active does nothing :c

You need to do the left most box, the rightmost and then the middle to get it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 8:45 PM, PixelDag.6752 said:

You need to do the left most box, the rightmost and then the middle to get it.

Okay, I will try that! Thank you ^_^

EDIT: Finally had a chance to play again and it worked! Thank you so much ^_^

Edited by gaelicvixen.6401
Update

Watching Aetherblades at monastery is bugged can do the checkpoints and opened chest but did not update on my achievement list. My other bugged or missing ones are:

adores cats, prefers the snow, admires tengu hunters, admires landscaping seitung harbour, plays amidst the monastery landscaping, plays with drakes, enjoyts the view of fishing hamlet and the bay

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 2:39 AM, godsie.2864 said:

Watching Aetherblades at monastery is bugged can do the checkpoints and opened chest but did not update on my achievement list. My other bugged or missing ones are:

adores cats, prefers the snow, admires tengu hunters, admires landscaping seitung harbour, plays amidst the monastery landscaping, plays with drakes, enjoyts the view of fishing hamlet and the bay

Same here.

On 3/6/2022 at 7:39 AM, godsie.2864 said:

Watching Aetherblades at monastery is bugged can do the checkpoints and opened chest but did not update on my achievement list.

The chest you've done corresponds to "#36 Runs along the walls of the monastery."

But your list of bugged ones seems to be correct. As of today the following are bugged or missing:

#12 Likes to hide in a garden landscaping - middle bush is interactable but doesn't seem to be active (doesn't give you buff when done in the proper order or the "stump" sound/animation if in the wrong order)

#22 Watches Aetherbaldes near the monastery

#23 Enjoys the view of a fishing hamlet and the bay

#24 Plays with drakes

#25 Plays amidst the monastery's landscaping

#26 Admires the landscaping of Seitung Harbor

#28 Adores cats

#29 Prefers the snow

#30 Admires tengu hunters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Everwyn.8537 said:

The chest you've done corresponds to "#36 Runs along the walls of the monastery."

But your list of bugged ones seems to be correct. As of today the following are bugged or missing:

#12 Likes to hide in a garden landscaping - middle bush is interactable but doesn't seem to be active (doesn't give you buff when done in the proper order or the "stump" sound/animation if in the wrong order)

#22 Watches Aetherbaldes near the monastery

#23 Enjoys the view of a fishing hamlet and the bay

#24 Plays with drakes

#25 Plays amidst the monastery's landscaping

#26 Admires the landscaping of Seitung Harbor

#28 Adores cats

#29 Prefers the snow

#30 Admires tengu hunters

#12 is fixed? I've had it working multiple times.

#26 definitely bugged - it appears as a ring of boulders around the Virtuoso trainer in the harbour, but I have not seen it since launch.

#24/#26 can also confirm bugged, though I added map locations to the wiki from when they did work.

#22/#23/#29/#30 can't confirm if bugged, unfortunately I don't remember where I found them, and have been unable to find them since the day of release when I did them.

I don't know why. I tried it with a diffrent char shortly after daily reset and it worked correctly. 

17 hours ago, Kimeon.6720 said:

A friend of mine could finish #12 (Likes to hide in garden landscaping). For me it's bugged. I can't finish it 😞

• Like 1

Are some of the chests and especially their associated "magical whirls" completely missing? I am struggling to find some of them.

7 hours ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

"Likes to hide in garden landscaping" is also bugged for me. I receive one stack of the buff upon interaction with the first bush, no second buff upon interaction with the second, and removal of the buff entirely upon interaction with the third.

First I had the exact same problem and the next day it worked. Same for a friend of mine.

Just to add that at least two chests from "What did the Shrine Guaridan say?" in Echovald are bugged too. The one north in the Junkyard and by the Speaker HQ. For both you can see the wisps, pick up the rock, and no chest spawns. Know this is the location as we screenshotted it when we did it before.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Just to add that at least two chests from "What did the Shrine Guaridan say?" in Echovald are bugged too. The one north in the Junkyard and by the Speaker HQ. For both you can see the wisps, pick up the rock, and no chest spawns. Know this is the location as we screenshotted it when we did it before.

I have all "rock" type chests bugged in Echovald. I pick up the rock and nothing happens.

• Like 2

Still not fixed with today's patch and still not on the known issues list

And dang, was hoping the hint in today's patch notes to go and pat the new cats at Cat Island might be related or involved with making the chest appear...

Edited by Shadamehr.1284
  • Haha 1