Vindicator Runes

SWLDguitar.5746

1 hour ago, SWLDguitar.5746 said:

Assuming all profs didn't get runes then?  Maybe coming in later content?

Runes are probably abandoned content now. At the beginning they were few but powerfull and some builds used to wield 4+2 and even 2+2+ 2 combos. Then ANet though that transferring most of their power to the last rune favoured standarization and prevented OP combos (and creativity). Then ANet though that runes and sigils shouldn't have a definig nature or long lasting impact, so nerfed them in terms of power (moving stats to the gear in the form of expertise and concentration, as example). That didn't affect Trapper runes, anyway (wink, wink). Then they though that the meta still had "too variety" so they nuked tons of them from PvP (having to return the gold they cost in the procces).

So, why to spent time developing runes that shouldn't be impactful? You already have Scholar for power damage and Nigthmare for condi, plus Monk or Water for support. Happens the same in every game mode: half of a dozen of runes totally fill the best in slot requirement; the 90% of the remaining are unused except when someone finds out a broken use which gets nuked ASAP.

Disclaimer: I'm not defending that way of thinking, just describing why ANet does what he does.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I find if slightly funny that so many people speculated about e spec runes and then just none got any runes, there are even no new runes or sigils in vendors I think. Its really slightly funny for me, tho its sad at the same time.  I really wouldve loved new runes....

Yeah not gonna lie I am big bummed about this. Even if the runes aren't meta, it is still nice to have options. Always cool to have a new rune interact with with a different class, like how Harbinger runes could have given Engi another option by giving it an Elixir bonus. Fingers crossed they add them later, but there isn't really any reason to believe they will. Just seems a bit odd that they are missing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anets definition of diversity is stripping the game of choices…it’s funny because the definition of diversity actually means “differences” and “variety”

standardization (homogenization) and NOT giving choices is the complete opposite of diversity and people should have realized that they have no idea what they are doing based on that contradiction. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Anets definition of diversity is stripping the game of choices…it’s funny because the definition of diversity actually means “differences” and “variety”

standardization (homogenization) and NOT giving choices is the complete opposite of diversity and people should have realized that they have no idea what they are doing based on that contradiction. 

People do realize these contradiction and call it out.  However, they are quickly swept under the rug on this forum for a variety of reason.  The original forums let these types of conversion flourish while these new forums quickly quash dissenting  or negative views.