Do not make balance changes on the same day as a major expansion!

People have been getting ready for months. They have there favorite classes and builds all ready to go. Anxious to explore all the expansion has to offer.

And then you make significant class/item balance changes on the same day the expansion launches? This has nothing to do with whether or not the changes were good or bad. Let people spend a few months enjoying the new content on the classes they are used to playing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

I main Mesmer ... as soon as I logged in yesterday ... I unlocked the Virtuoso, picked some traits which seemed to fit good together, equipped my berserker gear and an ascended dagger (so far for preparing myself for EoD) and I directly played the expansion, loved it so far...

I didn't notice there was a balance patch until the next day and honestly.. I didn't give a s*** about it.

The new content is mainly OPEN WORLD PVE ... Guys, you can get through while spamming auto-attacks. I can't understand why some people have to play a brand new expansion with old builds we saw for almost 5 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Animando.7956 said:

I can't understand why some people have to play a brand new expansion with old builds we saw for almost 5 years.

And I can't understand why you can't understand people might have different tastes than you and weren't at all interested some of the new classes. 

For the record this isnt me.. but i do know people that had zero interest in the classes and had several of their classes mega nerfed.. so i can at least relate.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, raykor.6723 said:

And then you make significant class/item balance changes on the same day the expansion launches? This has nothing to do with whether or not the changes were good or bad.

If you thought the changes were good, this thread would be titled "THANK YOU FOR ADDING THESE CHANGES WITH THE EXPANSION!!!!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, MechanicalMind.9126 said:

10 minutes ago, Animando.7956 said:

I main Mesmer ... as soon as I logged in yesterday ... I unlocked the Virtuoso, picked some traits which seemed to fit good together, equipped my berserker gear and an ascended dagger (so far for preparing myself for EoD) and I directly played the expansion, loved it so far...

I didn't notice there was a balance patch until the next day and honestly.. I didn't give a s*** about it.

The new content is mainly OPEN WORLD PVE ... Guys, you can get through while spamming auto-attacks. I can't understand why some people have to play a brand new expansion with old builds we saw for almost 5 years.

people like you are part of the problem.

Edited by moutzaheadin.4029
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

If you thought the changes were good, this thread would be titled "THANK YOU FOR ADDING THESE CHANGES WITH THE EXPANSION!!!!"

But of course. Was I too subtle? Let me rectify that.

Do not NERF classes/items the same day you release a major expansion years in the works. If you strongly believe a class needs a NERF then do it a few months before the expansion releases and give players time to adjust. Or wait a few months after the expansion.

On release day, people log in excited to play the new content. If a class they main received a major NERF, it really sours what should have been a fun day.

I hope that was clear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, raykor.6723 said:

But of course. Was I too subtle? Let me rectify that.

Do not NERF classes/items the same day you release a major expansion years in the works. If you strongly believe a class needs a NERF then do it a few months before the expansion releases and give players time to adjust. Or wait a few months after the expansion.

On release day, people log in excited to play the new content. If a class they main received a major NERF, it really sours what should have been a fun day.

I hope that was clear.

After consideration I agree, let people enjoy the expansion for a month playing what their used to and then nerf. It will soften the blow because I mean hey, you did get to finish the story with your fav build first. The nerf would have stung less IF they would have further balanced the new elite specs. I guess that patch isn't coming till summer and the few sustain traits they added they didn't even include them in the patch notes. Its a bit confusing.