Gating the turtle egg behind the map 4 meta is really sleazy

10 minutes ago, yourexcellency.1458 said:

I keep seeing people say this about Teq and TT. It's been a long time for me perhaps my memory isn't clear. Can you please remind me which mastery lines were gated behind successful completion of these events?

I don't see what this has to do with what I said. My point is that Teq and TT were extremely difficult for the community on release. It took a while for people to figure them out. Now that they have, they almost never fail (TT of course still requires an organized group, but that's not a problem imo). Once people figure out this new meta, I'm sure it will be much the same, and the mastery being locked behind it will become a non-issue.

I just don't personally see the problem but I will accept that perhaps I am in the minority there, or at least I am on the forums. Who knows about the majority of the game population.

I just don't know why everyone wants to unlock everything ASAP and fly through all the new content in a weekend. It's not going anywhere.

I do want to say that I agree the meta needs some tweaks though. I certainly don't think it's perfect lol

Edited by kettering.6823
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

The problem with the meta is it isn't challenging right now just because it is too hard, it is challenging because RNG keeps kittening things up.

During my latest try right now there were only 2 CC phases. An early one (which I feel is guaranteed to happen before 80%). The other was at 61% so it didn't help at all. And after 60% all the way to 20% there was not a single one.

Every time the tail was up, she almost only swapped sides, i.e. no tsunamis (so tail killing takes even longer), and once tail buff is gone, it felt like the next attack was bubbles = new tail buff. Timer expired during 20% split phase as expected with such a run. Since the patch I only had one decent run, which sadly failed one early CC phase, resulting in a fail on 2% health left.

What is required is a less-RNG way for the CC phases. Maybe when tail is broken, have her not be able to put up tail buff again until there was a CC phase, or have fixed CC phases at 95, 75, 55, 35, 15. Yes, this can still lead to unlucky runs if RNG decides not to put up a CC phase anyway or the fixed CC phases come up when tail just went up, but at least there is a better chance for a decent attack pattern that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tequatl is a sideboss, its just for loot, and may  some achivements that are specific for tequatl, dRagons end is and end of the story boss, with a seeling point of the expansion behind it, also, if you dont get the turtle, your masterylines will stall because of that one locked masterypath.

if it was like tequatl, just loot and some achivements, i doubt people would care about it this much.

most complaisn, if not all, are just people who want the things advertised for the expansion, the turtle.

i think most people would stom complaining if they removed the siege turtle from the meta

• Like 6

On 3/4/2022 at 9:22 AM, Borked.6824 said:

You'll get it...eventually.  What's the problem?  What's the rush?  You expecting the next expansion to release in the next year?  In the next 2 for the matter.  You have nothing but time to get yourself and 100 other noobs to down the boss.  You guys are making it sound like they're handing out dunce hat achievements for people that don't have a turtle on day 3 of release. 

well I want to get to the activities that I enjoy. But I spend most my time going map fail to map fail in Dragon End to get the Siege turtle, since we know, as population dies down, it will be even harder to do it.

Edited by Ausar.9542
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

well I want to get to the activities that I enjoy. But I spend most my time going map fail to map fail in Dragon End to get the Siege turtle, since we know, as population dies down, it will be even harder to do it.

-I doubt it will die down 

20 hours ago, kettering.6823 said:

I don't see what this has to do with what I said. My point is that Teq and TT were extremely difficult for the community on release. It took a while for people to figure them out. Now that they have, they almost never fail (TT of course still requires an organized group, but that's not a problem imo). Once people figure out this new meta, I'm sure it will be much the same, and the mastery being locked behind it will become a non-issue.

I just don't personally see the problem but I will accept that perhaps I am in the minority there, or at least I am on the forums. Who knows about the majority of the game population.

I just don't know why everyone wants to unlock everything ASAP and fly through all the new content in a weekend. It's not going anywhere.

I do want to say that I agree the meta needs some tweaks though. I certainly don't think it's perfect lol

the problem is, and i think its where everyone is coming from, they told us, THEY TOLD US, that obtaining the turtle would be on par with the roller beetle.  they said it would NOT be like a legendary mount like the skyscale.   i remember getting the roller beetle. the hardest part of that mount was the Domain of Kourna meta, which we all know, was not that difficult. 

at the end of the day, it really isnt the difficulty of the meta, its the fact that they mislead us, greatly. 

I guarantee you, you will NOT see nearly as many turtle running around as you see Skyscales.   

oh, and i havent even done the meta yet.  probably wont, thats how sour the taste in my mouth is about this whole thing, so thx, Anet 🙂

Edited by slpr.2647
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I do not play GW2 for the hard content, i play it for fun and relaxation (i know at least a little more than just rollin my head over the keyboard). So after 8 unsuccessful tries (some were well organised and the players mostly knew what to do, never got unter 20%) and much too many hours of wasted time, the fun is completely drained out of this annoying ***** ******** ****** *****!
But i am forced to do this to get the turtle, which was never sold to be so unbelievable awful to get. 

This should be fun, it is not an effing job. I don't get money for this kitten, on the contrary, i payed for it! 

So, knowing myself, the motivation for GW2 will probably dwindle away rapidly after maybe one or two successful attempts, which ist quite sad. Except for this BS, it still is the best MMO i know... :/

Take the turtle out of this kitten, make is a normal mount-storyline like the ones before and everyone would be happy. 

Edited by Alcarinque.9842
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just got done with a failed run on that meta. So I'll chime in on my thoughts. It was my 3rd or 4th attempt. All ended in failure.

As far as the mechanics goes, it seems okay. But I think the biggest issue with regards to this is time. Either 1) there's not enough time to finish the meta or 2) the meta takes too long for those who have limited time. The tight requirement of DPS needs to be thrown out. The limited time to complete the meta causes this. If you add extra time to the meta, then we ease the tight DPS requirement on this.

I'm also curious as to why the siege turtle mount is locked behind a successful completion of the meta, when part of the meta appears to require a siege turtle in the first place. I'd be fine if it was locked behind story completion or doing a related event at the hatchery. I'm very disappointed at this.

I'm in agreement that the meta should not require raid-like setups. For an open-world meta, it's definitely not balanced for the general players. Even I, who have played since the beginning, have never stepped into raid. After a couple of runs at the final battle, even I could see how the fight works, for the most part. But both times that I've been there, it just feels like there's not enough time to really beat it.

Anet needs to address this soon.

• Like 2

I think it's a poor idea to gate one of the major headline features of the expansion behind an hours-long map-wide difficult event.  I know several people who are just unlikely to get the siege turtle because of this.

Difficult content that requires a major time commitment all in one chunk is something a fair sized chunk of the GW2 player base just can't reliably do.  Add to that group the group that doesn't have the reflexes and reaction times to cope with a difficult event, and you've carved another fair-sized chunk of the players out.

And then there's the fact that the game just hasn't put major features behind something like raids or challenge mode strikes ever.  And the Battle for the Jade Sea is on that order.  It's got a hard timer, it requires an entire map full of players to respond properly to a series of quick mechanics, and it's at the end of a long, map-wide three-pronged series of events.

It's just too many things to *require* everyone who wants to ride around on a giant turtle to do.  Don't get me wrong - it's an epic, awesome fight, and I've no problem with it being *a* way to unlock the siege turtle.  But there has to be another route that people can just do at their own pace as their schedule allows.  Having this be the *only* route to get at a major feature of the expansion is a mistake.

Edited by Natalyia.9846
typos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 1:27 PM, kettering.6823 said:

I'm also sure ANet is working on balancing things. People actually quitting a game over a brand new feature that hasn't had the kinks ironed out yet is ridiculous

Spend 11 hours straight in fail after fail group this boss has issues will you get a breakbar or wont you, will you get one or 3?  I dont mind having hard content but the absolute worst thing they did was lie to the players and say the turtle was no harder to get than the beetle!  Should never have been part of this, the egg should have been after completing the 15th chapter. But they really did make this hard to get because of the event than any other mount in the game. You cant do it on your own and if the other 50 people with you cant do it it dont matter how good a player you are. Do they even think about their playerbase before putting something like this in that you have to do to get the new mount?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LMAO - was just in a run and she did the Dhuum circle thingie while her tail was up where her tail was!!!

She was doing head attacks where her tail was and tail attacks where her head was at the same time!

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:47 AM, Molesworth.1684 said:

I too am very angry that getting the turtle collection started is gated behind a near impossible meta.  I've played GW2 for over 9 years, done every map meta, so am an experienced though in no way elite player.   I have never done raids, have no intention of ever doing raids, and resent the gating of a crucial part of the pre-release advertising behind an event that apparently seems to have raid-type mechanics and meta build requirements.  As for those green circles, no idea what they do or why you shouldn't stand in them - and I bet a large part of the people in the map are the same as me.   Add to that the 1 and a half hours of preparation needed on top of the hour-long meta - it will make it impossible for people who have limited time to play to get the turtle.  

I really enjoyed the new story and like the maps; but when I found out about this mess, I felt like demanding a refund of part of the cost of the expansion.  It smacks of false advertising.

I really wish I hadn't bought the expansion for my second account. The story was good on my first account but only bought it for my second account for the turtle, jade bot and map access. The turtle is badly gated and the jade bot is, umm, underwhelming.