Virtuoso's Dagger stats

TheAgedGnome.7520

So, I got my Virtuoso's Dagger (exotic), and equipped it, hit Customize, and these were the stat options:

• Carrion
  • Dire
  • Ritualist's (Vit, CondiDmg, Conc, Expertise)

Um...what?? Is Anet trying to hint that Virtuoso should be a condi build, when nearly all its weapon/blade/utility damage is Strike Damage? Or, is Anet just trying to make the dagger useless, other than as a new skin?

Edited by TheAgedGnome.7520
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

There are some good ways to use it with Condi ... or at least seemingly good.

But I do agree that it was sub-optimal (to be nice) to pigeon-hole the stats on it to Condition. That's not much of an option ... Condition stats in 3 flavors ... versus giving us Condition stats, Power stats, and maybe Hybrid stats.

edit: I guess we can consider Carrion hybrid.

Edited by Sebrent.3625
  • Like 2

I was running dagger/foc Virtuoso with Zerker/Marauder, and just for a test, I switched to my full celestial set. I'm rather surprised at how well it works, at least in  OW. I don't have number comparisons, but its certainly a lot more durable and seems to kill pretty well.  Will keep playing around w/it...

I've been running pure Zerk in Open World and playing around with various combinations in PvP. Condition is pretty mean with some trait combinations in PvP. If you get someone to waste their cleanse CDs and hit with a solid Bladesong Sorrow with some trait combos ... that's a dead person.

I look forward to seeing the numbers people have run.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

So, I got my Virtuoso's Dagger (exotic), and equipped it, hit Customize, and these were the stat options:

• Carrion
  • Dire
  • Ritualist's (Vit, CondiDmg, Conc, Expertise)

Um...what?? Is Anet trying to hint that Virtuoso should be a condi build, when nearly all its weapon/blade/utility damage is Strike Damage? Or, is Anet just trying to make the dagger useless, other than as a new skin?

To make it even wrose none of those have precission and you need 100% crit chance to at least try and make condi work on Virtuoso/dagger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2