It is just TOO BIG!

The UI. For fishing and for the skiff.  It is so GINORMOUS  that it literally covered half my screen. I couldn't see anything BUT those those GIANT BUTTONS.

When I acquired the skiff, the UI for it was so absolutely HUGE that I had to look on the Internet how to hide it from my sight. My eyeballs were bleeding. 

Seems I was alone in this,  because I saw tons of people asking how to fish and how to activate their skiff. They are clearly blind, these people.  It is so obvious how to find and use the skiff it is beyond belief. 

And no sarcasm here. Nope, not at all.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Are you able to post a screenshot? For me both fishing and the skiff just use the normal skill bar, it's the same size as the buttons for combat skills.

My best guess at the moment is you encountered some sort of weird bug.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 7

I'd say the size of the icon is relative to it's importance in the game. Novelties and fishing are small, mount keys and weapon swaps are big.  It's not hard to learn where they are, but you know, once you know you know.

The size of the key indicates it's overall importance to the game at large.  Fishing is a side activity. Weapon swapping is something you do all the time. Novelties is a side thing, mounts are something you use all the time.  Shrugs.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 11:33 PM, Vayne.8563 said:

I'd say the size of the icon is relative to it's importance in the game. Novelties and fishing are small, mount keys and weapon swaps are big.  It's not hard to learn where they are, but you know, once you know you know.

The size of the key indicates it's overall importance to the game at large.  Fishing is a side activity. Weapon swapping is something you do all the time. Novelties is a side thing, mounts are something you use all the time.  Shrugs.

I dunno, I would (if  I could) put my boat out just the same way I would put out any mount. And fishing too. I don't think I use those buttons down there at all, no matter how big they are. Ofcourse, you are kind of forced to use it for the boat.

I don't think anyone cares about the "relative importance" of any feature in the game, let alone that most players will determine for themselves what they find important or not.  This thread being key example of that. 

On 3/3/2022 at 5:20 AM, EpicName.4523 said:

The UI. For fishing and for the skiff.  It is so GINORMOUS  that it literally covered half my screen. I couldn't see anything BUT those those GIANT BUTTONS.

The UI for fishing and skiffs just replaces the skill bar.  It is no larger than the skill bar you already have. How is this an issue?   

Now, the button to switch to fishing, or launch the boat are pretty stupid small.  I do wish we could make that a little larger, or switch it out for a useless button, like weapon swap. I have launched the skiff more times this week than I have swapped weapons this year... 😎