Crystalline Ore...? In 2022?

I might be missing something, but boy is this resource so hard to get! Whenever I'm on, Dragon's Stand has zero players and Noxious Pods outside of the meta event are so rare and far apart, there's prolly only six of them in the map. Is there really no other way to get Crystalline Ingots?? How am I supposed to get stuff for a legendary?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

According to the Wiki, it's sold by an NPC in the Guild Hall named Sigurlina Jonsdottir, a bunch of achievements drop it as well. Here's the page; Crystalline Ore Wiki.

I checked the GH at the moment, she isn't selling it. I assume it's a random sale, like pact supply? But then I can only buy 3 per day. I need 250 of these things lol

• Sad 1

Use the timer, use the LFG tool and you can get dragon stand done. If you just show up randomly of course you're not going to get it done.

That said, this is the first week of an expansion launch and I'd expect a couple of fairly slow weeks as people finish up stuff in the new expansion.

36 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Use the timer, use the LFG tool and you can get dragon stand done. If you just show up randomly of course you're not going to get it done.

That said, this is the first week of an expansion launch and I'd expect a couple of fairly slow weeks as people finish up stuff in the new expansion.

Nah, it's been this way a long time now, way before EoD launched. I use both those tools and have only done the meta once, and that was like 8 months ago. 

With the low interest in this meta, noxious pods should just spawn like crystallized supply caches. At least with gerent/ tangled depths, you dont have to do the meta to collect the map currency

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Dragons stand is completed daily, just need to be there before the last map closes. If you try to arrive during the meta you won't get into the maps or may still get into one but may fail or will be hard. If so wait till the full map completes it then piggy back onto the full map with the groups in lfg, then just run about opening the vines. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, daze.4869 said:

Nah, it's been this way a long time now, way before EoD launched. I use both those tools and have only done the meta once, and that was like 8 months ago. 

With the low interest in this meta, noxious pods should just spawn like crystallized supply caches. At least with gerent/ tangled depths, you dont have to do the meta to collect the map currency

I made two HoT legendaries in the months leading up to the expansion.  I must have run dragon stand 6 or 7 times in that time period.  There are times when it doesn't happen, but if someone lists it and tags, it happens. It just takes one person to start it.

I can also confirm that players are still running Dragon's Stand as I've also done it recently. (I even got my first ever precursor drop!) I also saw a group organising in LFG while writing this post.

The most important thing for this meta is getting there at the right time. You can't just show up and hope to find a group, you need to be there for when the event starts, which means getting there shortly before the 'Start Advancing on the Blighting Towers' phase on the timer.

If you're lucky when the map resets you'll be put into a populated map with groups organising to do the event, but it's far better to use the LFG tool to find one. Again it's best to do this before the map resets so you're more likely to end up in the same map as the rest of the group and there's no risk of it filling up before you can get in.

I was going to say if you do that you should almost certainly find a group, but time of day does also have an effect. On EU servers you're less likely to find an organised map between about 23:00 UTC and roughly 9:00 on weekends and 12:00 on week days. NA also has peak times and quieter times but I'm not sure of the timing there.

Edited by Danikat.8537

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I can also confirm that players are still running Dragon's Stand as I've also done it recently. (I even got my first ever precursor drop!) I also saw a group organising in LFG while writing this post.

The most important thing for this meta is getting there at the right time. You can't just show up and hope to find a group, you need to be there for when the event starts, which means getting there shortly before the 'Start Advancing on the Blighting Towers' phase on the timer.

If you're lucky when the map resets you'll be put into a populated map with groups organising to do the event, but it's far better to use the LFG tool to find one. Again it's best to do this before the map resets so you're more likely to end up in the same map as the rest of the group and there's no risk of it filling up before you can get in.

I was going to say if you do that you should almost certainly find a group, but time of day does also have an effect. On EU servers you're less likely to find an organised map between about 23:00 UTC and roughly 9:00 on weekends and 12:00 on week days. NA also has peak times and quieter times but I'm not sure of the timing there.

That's a point, I haven't thought of the time differences. I play in SEA (UTC+8) times and play in an NA server. I guess I should get up early and try to find a group

You can also try to start a group of your own. It really helps if you have 3 comms though that know the tower phase. You need I would say 30 people but 45 is better. But the only cruicial part is the towers so you can start with less and hope more join. 

• Like 1

The problem and dependency on Dragon Stand meta for Crystalline Ore wouldn't be a big problem, if we had a Noxious Pod in the home instance, like we have the "map key chests" from the other HoT maps. You would have built up a fair share of the Ore over the past years with that, via daily gathering in your instance, if you chose to take the daily key from the "vendor item".

I have a character parked in Dragon's Stand. I use it daily to open one Noxious Pod with the free Machete from the Ley-Energy Matter Converter. This way I gradually build them up with minimal time investment on my part. Occasionally, I end up on a map with the meta significantly progressed, so I join in.