Which of the EOD E-Spec has the highest learning curve for you so far?

Bunny.9834

Which of the EOD E-Specs has the biggest learning curve for you so far?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. E-SPECS

To me Untamed, especially with hammer is the most difficult to learn so far.

You have to constantly juggle the unleash mechanic, the pet swap, the pet abilities, and the two sides of the hammer weapon + ambush. 
This reminded me of the weaver when it was first introduced but unlike the weaver, the mechanics of Untamed is all over the place. 

Also there's no CD tool tip for the Ambush Skill which doesn't trigger all the time when you go in and out of Unleash State. 

Edited by DragonSlayer.1087

Catalyst with hammer has a lot going on. There is keeping up the spinny orbs, energy for the sphere, comboing the field from the sphere, keeping track of stacks of empowering auras, trying to get max stacks of elemental empowerment. Coming from playing  through the story on Tempest it feels like a lot of work to play.

The one single dodge mechanic for a whopping 100 Endurance of Vindicator has me puzzled. You literally have to know each encounter at least 20 seconds in advance, just so you don't make a mistake and eat an insta-death mechanic. Really unforgiving in new content.

4 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

The one single dodge mechanic for a whopping 100 Endurance of Vindicator has me puzzled. You literally have to know each encounter at least 20 seconds in advance, just so you don't make a mistake and eat an insta-death mechanic. Really unforgiving in new content.

Yeah even worst since anet is moving more and more on the 1 shot side of thing it seem.

Catalyst to me, but I like ele like difficult rotas. Problem is just that sustain is non existent. 

A bit Off-topic now:

Power Catalyst has less sustain than power weaver and this means something. I really hoped they put more sustain in New ele e spec because we all know ele is lacking sustain, ele forum was also asking for more sustain for how long now? 

However no they almost fully forgot to add any sustain to Catalyst. What they maybe forgot is that Catalyst is more focused around power than condi so it doesnt get the 10% dmg reduction from earth (~17 while on earth attunement)

Also less hp than weaver basically because weaver gets 120 vitality while on fire/earth, air/earth, water/earth, earth/earth. 

This is sad. 

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 2

Probably hammer Catalyst and Untamed. There are a lot of moving parts and things to micromanage. I don't think it is a bad thing just any means, just that there is a learning curve. Supporting on Specter without a squad to see health bars has been challenging too 😅.