i want my turtle dragons end sucks

having the entire event fail YET AGAIN because of random ppl i have no control over. just let us get the turtle already so i can complete my mount collection and max out my mastery ranks.

S T O P  H O L D I N G I T   H O S T A G E !!!!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Do you guys even read the Devs posts? They have already said 1) there has been a nerf to the "tail" by 50% in the event, and 2) on March 15 you will be able to buy the siege turtle egg from a vendor, to start the collection.

Yet people here seem more like hardcore rather than casuals with this impatience.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Do you guys even read the Devs posts? They have already said 1) there has been a nerf to the "tail" by 50% in the event, and 2) on March 15 you will be able to buy the siege turtle egg from a vendor, to start the collection.

Yet people here seem more like hardcore rather than casuals with this impatience.

Even with tail fix, we still failed at the 20% mark doing the final 3 mini bosses. So no, it didn't help much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Caitybee.3614 said:

Even with tail fix, we still failed at the 20% mark doing the final 3 mini bosses. So no, it didn't help much.

Then you should really reconsider the squads your joining (either make one yourself) and also your gameplay. Cos i mean the meta had 3 nerfs updates already, and with ppl more experienced and videos around...

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Then you should really reconsider the squads your joining (either make one yourself) and also your gameplay. Cos i mean the meta had 3 nerfs updates already, and with ppl more experienced and videos around...

Even after all 3 nerfs, we still failed between 15-20% health, and several of the attempts were in organized groups. Can't keep blaming people for that when everyone is trying their best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

I was in that Squad, almost all of us were doing events for prep and full prep at that. There was nobody slacking, everybody pulling their weight best they could. Had a Commander and squad making calls. What else do you want? Start being elitist and start asking people to leave? Start asking for Kill Proof? 

Reconsidering squads, when it was already organized as it can get with a pug, I mean wth?

Unless you have a 50 man guild to populate a map, you will need to work with what you are given. Even if prepped to the best of everybody's ability.

Edited by rwolf.9571
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, rwolf.9571 said:

I was in that Squad, almost all of us were doing events for prep. There was nobody slacking, everybody pulling their weight best they could. Had a Commander and squad making calls. What else do you want? Start being elitist and start asking people to leave? Start asking for Kill Proof? 

Reconsidering squads, when it was already organized as it can get with a pug, I mean wth?

Unless you have a 50 man guild to populate a map, you will need to work with what you are given. Even if prepped to the best of everybody's ability.

Well i basically did it with a squad that asked for kill proofs (boneskinner was addmited too). If your not organizing builds/gears, people are new, then its not really an organized squad its just a random squad with a commander making some calls. Also if the people there havent tried it at least 1 time before to see the mechanics or seen a video... i mean you have much more chances of losing.

In other words, 50 people with a proper exotic gear/build, sorted in teams of 5 ppl and that knows the mechanics of the boss, your chances of failing are really low, more nowadays with the nerfs it has had.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Well i basically did it with a squad that asked for kill proofs (boneskinner was addmited too). If your not organizing builds/gears, people are new, then its not really an organized squad its just a random squad with a commander making some calls. Also if the people there havent tried it at least 1 time before to see the mechanics or seen a video... i mean you have much more chances of losing.

In other words, 50 people with a proper exotic gear/build, sorted in teams of 5 ppl and that knows the mechanics of the boss, your chances of failing are really low, more nowadays with the nerfs it has had.

So a Raid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, rwolf.9571 said:

So a Raid.

Well i think its much easier than a Raid lol.

But obiusly a organized squad is not getting 50 random people and calling that a organized team. Some1 made the stats on the dps you need per second average and it was like 7k, that is really low any person can do it, unless you are running a condi build with a power gear or ur just afk. And now you can even dps the boss more cos the Tail is much less...

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Well i think its much easier than a Raid lol.

But obiusly a organized squad is not getting 50 random people and calling that a organized team. Some1 made the stats on the dps you need per second average and it was like 7k, that is really low any person can do it, unless you are running a condi build with a power gear or ur just afk. And now you can even dps the boss more cos the Tail is much less...

If the bar was really set that low, we would see alot more clears.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Do you guys even read the Devs posts?

Rude and unnecessary, especially considering that this thread was posted hours before the dev statement you're talking about. (Here it is, for those interested.)

As for the notion that people aren't trying hard enough, gonna have to just gesture at the many experienced raiders and upper tier fractal players who've come forth with their takes this past week both here and on Reddit - not that open world content should ever expect raid or CM levels of coordination in the first place. These people were trying very hard to complete this meta and being thwarted by RNG and group comps they could not control. If it was that much of a pain for them, a minority, then just imagine the negative impact on the casual/semi-casual base that makes up the majority?

It's great that ArenaNet is making changes and adjusting things to try and address concerns, but let's not pretend that this was ever a matter of 'git gud'.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Dragon's End is the best meta that came up since GW2 Launch. Just don't be bad, find good players, and you can do it. I have already completed twice without even tryharding. Learn to play the game, I swear on most open world content the average dps is so low. DE meta is a good thing, it will push players to understand mechanics and their classes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Izzy.2951 said:

NO READ

ONLY RAGE

😡

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ShakingMonkey.1743 said:

Dragon's End is the best meta that came up since GW2 Launch. Just don't be bad, find good players, and you can do it. I have already completed twice without even tryharding. Learn to play the game, I swear on most open world content the average dps is so low. DE meta is a good thing, it will push players to understand mechanics and their classes.

The Goal of Openworld content is to make the average player think:

"I want to do this again tomorrow." 

DE Meta does not do this. 

Currently its:

" God darn it! I just want to get it done once and never do it again." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Currently its:

How do you know ? They stated that the goal was to make it challenging, it's supposed to be the point of culmination of a 10 years story arc. If it's doable without hands, like most open world players seems to like to play, why even bother anyway ? 

Just make it a quaggan, and call it a day. See, free rewards without even trying. That sounds like a great game to invest time in. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Dude stop playing devil's advocate here, I've seen most of your posts and they're super negative. Suggesting people are to blame for not "getting good" essentially.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Currently its:

Well said.  Yesterday I did the HoT Dragonstand meta for the first time in ages, and as soon as it was over I wanted to play again.  I don't even want to TRY this latest meta; it sounds awful **for my play style.**

• Like 1
  • Confused 2