Eod Strikes already garbaged

53 minutes ago, Despot.3048 said:

If you're taking 30 mins on Kaineng, somethings seriously messed up with your group. 

I actually can believe this. The first time doing the strike a friend and I were more than 50% of the squad DPS (and I was hFB) and it took 21 minutes in total.

Some people just do not properly prepare themselves for content.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

EoD strikes, the one to kill security minister, for example, is too longer, was like 30 min.. the fight is doable, is "hard", but requires too much spam attention, is fine for 10min max, but for 30 min, to someone at my age is too much,... im older gamer, when i was in my 30yo, i played 48hrs games requiring long attention spam.

honestly that's just a DPS issue in your squad. The fight takes around 10 minutes on the average pug squad, not nearly 30 minutes 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, dace.8019 said:

Sir, this is GW2, where people like to spend longer waiting in the LFG than the time it would take to just run the content with half their LFG requirements fulfilled.

HAHAHA OMG this is so true!

Just out of fun I sometimes joined some of these groups when they wanted to do Kodan, Fraenir, Shiverpeaks and the like and they had RIDICULOUS requirements and of course they waited almost half an hour whereas the strike could have been done with a pug group in about 10 - 15 minutes.

I really cannot wrap my head around these people 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

EoD strikes, the one to kill security minister, for example, is too longer, was like 30 min.. the fight is doable, is "hard", but requires too much spam attention, is fine for 10min max, but for 30 min, to someone at my age is too much,... im older gamer, when i was in my 30yo, i played 48hrs games requiring long attention spam.

If Kaineng Overlook takes you 30 minutes to do the problem lies in the group, not the content. On Wednesday we did it in 12 minutes and we only had 7 people after the second split. 

That's kind of why there are groups with requirements for Strikes, to avoid something taking far too long, to avoid people who join in not knowing the boss and/or their own profession.

You mention how Power Vindicator is low DPS, while it sits around 35k on benchmarks, higher than Power Renegade used to despite having a somewhat simpler rotation. If you pick up a build and throw yourself at a boss without looking up anything on it you aren't likely to succeed.

It's true some LFGs for Strikes are... wild. 250-500LI Squads pop up once or twice a day, but those are the ones that seemingly fill slower. Going back to my example on Wednesday when I was leading a run on Aether, Xunlai and Kaineng for my Guild I put up an LFG for 4 people, we were in LFG for less than a minute.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If Kaineng Overlook takes you 30 minutes to do the problem lies in the group, not the content. On Wednesday we did it in 12 minutes and we only had 7 people after the second split. 

That's kind of why there are groups with requirements for Strikes, to avoid something taking far too long, to avoid people who join in not knowing the boss and/or their own profession.

You mention how Power Vindicator is low DPS, while it sits around 35k on benchmarks, higher than Power Renegade used to despite having a somewhat simpler rotation. If you pick up a build and throw yourself at a boss without looking up anything on it you aren't likely to succeed.

It's true some LFGs for Strikes are... wild. 250-500LI Squads pop up once or twice a day, but those are the ones that seemingly fill slower. Going back to my example on Wednesday when I was leading a run on Aether, Xunlai and Kaineng for my Guild I put up an LFG for 4 people, we were in LFG for less than a minute.

I played it.this 35k is only the dodge atack. the rest of skills make non-sense, theres no combo, if u check rev forum, ppl are explaining the problems with the class. i don't cherrypick, if dodge atack was reference, i reach 40k ~ 50k. the spec is so problematic that theres no "rotation" because skills don't synergize.

Anyway i resolve this, scrapped it for willbender, and everything went fine.

These "chill groups" will only exists for some months.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

I played it.this 35k is only the dodge atack. the rest of skills make non-sense, theres no combo, if u check rev forum, ppl are explaining the problems with the class. i don't cherrypick, if dodge atack was reference, i reach 40k ~ 50k. the spec is so problematic that theres no "rotation" because skills don't synergize.

I'd love to see the log of you getting 40k-50k on a build that SC benched at 36.9k max.

Either you are some god who keeps their builds private or you are full of kitten.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I'd love to see the log of you getting 40k-50k on a build that SC benched at 36.9k max.

Either you are some god who keeps their builds private or you are full of kitten.

i can easily screenshot, or u can do yourself, get any group max buffs and use dodge.

and go the hell that snowcrows, 35k on dodge inst 35k dps. unless they know some cheat to use the dodge atack every second. he are lying or u are dumb to believe in this.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i can easily screenshot, or u can do yourself, get any group max buffs and use dodge.

and go the hell that snowcrows, 35k on dodge inst 35k dps. unless they know some cheat to use the dodge atack every second. he are lying or u are dumb to believe in this.

Log. Not screenshot. Target DPS and Cleave DPS are not the same.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Log. Not screenshot. Target DPS and Cleave DPS are not the same.

lol let me explain a thing: im not a nerd, i don't need this. i like first hand experience, it that ins't enough, check the rev forums, theres guys with lot of numbers and "technical" info. Im a growth man, 40yo. if i need check "logs" and code, i just go back to my work, cause im a software developer. i don't play GW2 to reviews log to confirm data of some nerd website....,

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

lol let me explain a thing: im not a nerd, i don't need this. i like first hand experience, it that ins't enough, check the rev forums, theres guys with lot of numbers and "technical" info. Im a growth man, 40yo. if i need check "logs" and code, i just go back to my work, cause im a software developer. i don't play GW2 to reviews log to confirm data of some nerd website....,

Figured your claim of 40k-50k DPS was a random number, but, thanks for the clarification I guess. 

Then I assume the "30 minutes" for Kaineng is also a random number.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2022 at 12:04 PM, Cuks.8241 said:

Some people here are silly. The game has very little challenging group content. So plenty of content for those want play as they want in its broadest term.

Some like challenging group content and there will always be some composition requirements. It comes hand in hand. Why do you want to spoil that little content that is there for people that like challenge? So selfish. 

Noone can see your build. You can build as you like just provide output you took on yourself. 

I agree that LI req for strikes are silly. But if people want to play that way, why do you feel the need to crash the party you werent invited to? 

I know to read, i read traits description.

I make my build focusing on all damage, just picked up everything with % damage. ofc berserker gear and scholar runes.

I checked snowcrows later because ppl talked so much about it, is just the same, except 1 trait, he picked up a "group trait', i pickedup a 'selfish trait' that give 10% or 15% dmg(cant remenber). 

Ins't a build issue, the class is broken. the skills don't combo, are a "sequence" one after another.  its unlike the renegade, where u spawn ur friends, the make multiple hits.

The most close to combo here is shiro mov. speed boost and then damage. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

They're probably talking about burst damage, not sustained dps, as well as mixing cleave and single-target damage, and have no idea there's a difference.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Nobody is talking here about single skill dmg and it seems that's what you're talking about. What's being referenced when saying "35k dps" IS the long-term dps. While not "top", it's also not low and easly more than enough to comfortably fill the dps role.

These "chill groups" will only exists for some months.

False, "chill groups" still are around for harder content after years of their release, so it's baseless to pretend for some reason now they'll stop existing within "some months".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Cool, point at the exact pixels that are "lying" in this video or stop pretending you know more than you do, while at the same time insulting people that bring you facts, simply because you dislike those facts:

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Not tried them yet. How much longer are they? How is the difficulty? Considering that EoD also will be advertised to new players I guess they should not be that much harder than the 3 easier ones from Icebrood? Or are the on the level of the hard ones or even harder? 😄

Certainly planning to go in random (even if it might annoy others but there might be noob groups maybe for that specific one I need) ... once I get to the point where I need it for turtle. (Not having gotten the unlock from the meta but I heard the later collection steps need 1 of the strikes.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Not tried them yet. How much longer are they? How is the difficulty? Considering that EoD also will be advertised to new players I guess they should not be that much harder than the 3 easier ones from Icebrood? Or are the on the level of the hard ones or even harder? 😄

Certainly planning to go in random (even if it might annoy others but there might be noob groups maybe for that specific one I need) ... once I get to the point where I need it for turtle. (Not having gotten the unlock from the meta but I heard the later collection steps need 1 of the strikes.)

They are basically the story encounters modified to be for 10 people, added mechanics, that's all really.

Aetherblade, Xunlai Jade take between 5 and 10 minutes, Kaineng is around 10 minutes. Harvest Temple is the outlier, since it takes about 15 minutes, maybe more.

Kaineng can be compared to Whisper, since it has mechanics that allow one person to screw the group over, same goes for Harvest Temple.

The last collection to the Turtle needs Kaineng, when I was doing my collection the Strike felt easier than the meta.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/10/2022 at 5:20 AM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

All LFM(look for member) with requirments.

The LFG, guys with hours there without nobody pick them.

EoD Strikes are almost wayyyyyy longer than IBS.

I liked Vindicator, but it seems low DPS, by the amount of talk of nerds on pvp/pve foruns, the spec will be suppport. 

Theres no "play as u want in Gw2". The sum of elitist + nerd ideas, tend to make metas build almost bizarre hybrids, i dont want be a "support greatsworder".

Are you in the EU server? If so you can come with us. The strikes are fun, if you’re with a nice group! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

I actually can believe this. The first time doing the strike a friend and I were more than 50% of the squad DPS (and I was hFB) and it took 21 minutes in total.

It takes LONG if people mess up the DPS on sniper/mech. Then it will take 400 years. 
They need to be dps within 20% of each other. Dps sniper, then mech when sniper goes away. Rinse, repeat.

for the first down phase, just stack at the place where you zipline up, and don’t spread or kite them away if you get purple stay in the stack except if you get bomb/aoe.. Just attack anything near you. They’ll all go down in time.

in both phases just walk out of group with bombs, and walk out of aoes.

For the main boss, get Com to put a mark on one wall, and all numbered people go there at numbers phase. 

Always be behind the boss, unless u have bomb on your feet then go a bit out (don’t run everywhere because someone will stack a bomb on you and you’ll be downed), and back in.

on green stack mechanic up top: don’t stack with bombs. Only without.

green stack mechanic bottom; if you have it on you don’t run around or stand in aoe/mech bombs - everyone stack on. 

Just Watch your feet and head. Go out if you get feet bomb, and to side if you get numbers.

That’s it.

Edited by Islyn.8019
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

These bosses have far too much HP. Causes fatigue and makes replay value suck.

STOP COPYING FFXIV

I’ve explained before that there’s a trick to it, it’s not just high dps or something; they have buffs that make them harder if you don’t pay attention to that and try to just brute force it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/11/2022 at 4:20 AM, Lottie.5370 said:

Or they don’t mind the buffs the mini bosses have and cuck that part which then will take lonnng

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Islyn.8019 said:

It takes LONG if people mess up the DPS on sniper/mech. Then it will take 400 years. 
They need to be dps within 20% of each other. Dps sniper, then mech when sniper goes away. Rinse, repeat.

for the first down phase, just stack at the place where you zipline up, and don’t spread or kite them away if you get purple stay in the stack except if you get bomb/aoe.. Just attack anything near you. They’ll all go down in time.

in both phases just walk out of group with bombs, and walk out of aoes.

For the main boss, get Com to put a mark on one wall, and all numbered people go there at numbers phase. 

Always be behind the boss, unless u have bomb on your feet then go a bit out (don’t run everywhere because someone will stack a bomb on you and you’ll be downed), and back in.

on green stack mechanic up top: don’t stack with bombs. Only without.

green stack mechanic bottom; if you have it on you don’t run around or stand in aoe/mech bombs - everyone stack on. 

Just Watch your feet and head. Go out if you get feet bomb, and to side if you get numbers.

That’s it.

1 minute ago, Islyn.8019 said:

Or they don’t mind the buffs the mini bosses have and cuck that part which then will take lonnng

I don't know why you feel the need to reply to me twice, and also - you were not in the group, you do not know the issues.

I was 2nd DPS as a healer (hFB) - the closest to me was a supportive merge soulbeast doing 1.4k DPS, and there were no other healers in the group. There were not issues with the mechanics, the mechanics were fine.

We even had the agro of the Enforcer/Mind-dude and were keeping them apart so they weren't taking reduced dmg.

It just took kittening forever because there was no damage, and unfortunately, this has always been my experience with groups that have absolutely no requirements and do not even ask for roles.

There are people that are fine with that, and they will be able to do the content (even if it takes them forever), and there are people like me that would rather just wait an extra few mins in LFG and ask for 250li or something and do a full strike run in the time it takes them to do one boss. I don't complain about the existence of the former groups, I just don't join them and make my own groups. Almost like that's the solution here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

I don't know why you feel the need to reply to me twice, and also - you were not in the group, you do not know the issues.

I was 2nd DPS as a healer (hFB) - the closest to me was a supportive merge soulbeast doing 1.4k DPS, and there were no other healers in the group. There were not issues with the mechanics, the mechanics were fine.

We even had the agro of the Enforcer/Mind-dude and were keeping them apart so they weren't taking reduced dmg.

It just took kittening forever because there was no damage, and unfortunately, this has always been my experience with groups that have absolutely no requirements and do not even ask for roles.

There are people that are fine with that, and they will be able to do the content (even if it takes them forever), and there are people like me that would rather just wait an extra few mins in LFG and ask for 250li or something and do a full strike run in the time it takes them to do one boss. I don't complain about the existence of the former groups, I just don't join them and make my own groups. Almost like that's the solution here.

I just replied to a post - I wasn’t trying to call u out so there’s no reason to be defensive. I’ve lost count of the number of times we’ve cleared this, but 3-4 a day the past week. So I guess being in your group is immaterial.

we have at least half new to strikes entirely because we bring anyone and everyone along.

There’s a way this goes fast and ez, and a way it goes slow.

Your choice what you do. 

• Confused 3