Virtuoso is a nerf to mesmer.

Nezekan.2671

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Yes but doesn't require clones and has a much faster ramp up.

Chronomancer cant provide boons while preforming the benchmark dps, don't lie

Umm... Do you understand what I meant by that sentence? "The arsenal of the class" means Mesmer had the option to be a high damage power dps as Chrono. So, effectively Virtuoso does not provide anything new to the class except new artstyle. I didn't claim Chrono can provide boons and dps that high at he same time, but it has the option to go dps if desired.

18 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Umm... Do you understand what I meant by that sentence? "The arsenal of the class" means Mesmer had the option to be a high damage power dps as Chrono. So, effectively Virtuoso does not provide anything new to the class except new artstyle. I didn't claim Chrono can provide boons and dps that high at he same time, but it has the option to go dps if desired.

Yeah you are right and I end up using both, Virtuoso for damage and Chrono for healing/quickness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

How are you this embarrassing?

The quote at hand has to do with clone generation.  Do you even read what you write or just diarrhea on your keyboard?

Where we not arguing about how fast the ramp up of dps was. Virtuoso has no clones so I'm confused? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 3/17/2022 at 1:18 AM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Again with the golem benchmarks....catalyst got nerfed because of golem benchmarks not because it was practical in actual fights.

Now they suck at golem benchmark and worse in actual fights.

Yeah but a ranged auto attack build will likely lose less DPS in a real fight compared to catalyst tbh. 

8 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Yeah but a ranged auto attack build will likely lose less DPS in a real fight compared to catalyst tbh. 

Catalyst got nerfed because Hammer 3 on each atunement had a bug where it was dealing more damage if you were inside golem hitbox or something like that, nothing you can replicate in a real scenario.

Another reason why golem benchmarks are a joke.

That's why Eles are mad, cause they got nerfed for something they literally can't do in a realistic scenario.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Catalyst got nerfed because Hammer 3 on each atunement had a bug where it was dealing more damage if you were inside golem hitbox or something like that, nothing you can replicate in a real scenario.

Another reason why golem benchmarks are a joke.

That's why Eles are mad, cause they got nerfed for something they literally can't do in a realistic scenario.

Yeah that's what I ment. 

Catalyst lost alot of DMG due to movement required in a fight among several other factors. 

Virtuosos auto attack build for a Condi build would take less of a DPS loss. Not that a 25k DPS build is anything to be amazed by to begin with. 

EoD speccs seem to miss alot of things it seems 

6 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Yeah that's what I ment. 

Catalyst lost alot of DMG due to movement required in a fight among several other factors. 

Virtuosos auto attack build for a Condi build would take less of a DPS loss. Not that a 25k DPS build is anything to be amazed by to begin with. 

EoD speccs seem to miss alot of things it seems 

Yeah, a lot of EoD specs feel rushed, that's true.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 2:34 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, a lot of EoD specs feel rushed, that's true.

Tbh virtuoso does accomplish some things. 

DPS wise it can do uptoo 40k. Now sure a benchmark but all are measured that way and being pure ranged means it will lose less of that in a active fight compared to something like catalyst or vindicator. 

It does it on pure ranged loadout, and on a easier to play build 

I know we like to say chronomancer, but it's full melee, it's alot harder to play. And Chronos top DPS is built on the back of Upholding slow permanently on the target realistically. 

It's not entirely sour. It's just sad that the only thing virtuoso actually did accomplish was being ranged and being easier to play. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

Not complaining about warriors but need I remind people that Warrior's heal is a 20 sec CD that cleanses 5 condi and heals for base 6k+ that DONT NEED TO FACE YOUR TARGET. Worst part about this heal is you cannot heal safely in stealth because it will force reveal you because of the damage application afterwards. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Not complaining about warriors but need I remind people that Warrior's heal is a 20 sec CD that cleanses 5 condi and heals for base 6k+ that DONT NEED TO FACE YOUR TARGET. Worst part about this heal is you cannot heal safely in stealth because it will force reveal you because of the damage application afterwards. 

You are right that the heal is aweful and needs to be buffed. But if it gets buffed, the reveal part is fine if the benefit is large enough (the target one is not). Damage is unconventional for a heal but there are plenty alternatives if you want to go for stealth.

Different thought: What if Bladed Restoration made you gain health and removed conditions on blade attacks (probably needs an ICD for the condition part) for a short while to cater the offensive playstyle of Virtuoso? Think of it as Mesmer Lithany of Wrath.

11 minutes ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

You are right that the heal is aweful and needs to be buffed. But if it gets buffed, the reveal part is fine if the benefit is large enough (the target one is not). Damage is unconventional for a heal but there are plenty alternatives if you want to go for stealth.

Different thought: What if Bladed Restoration made you gain health and removed conditions on blade attacks (probably needs an ICD for the condition part) for a short while to cater the offensive playstyle of Virtuoso? Think of it as Mesmer Lithany of Wrath.

Fact that you have to face the target to heal is already bad when you are trying to kite and escape.