Non-optional rescue protocols

A problem I have noticed since I got the Rescue Protocol mastery unlocked is that when I am downed, I have to use it. There are a lot of situations when I am downed where there is someone to revive me with no issues or I manage to kill all of the enemies nearby and it's safe to revive myself. But since the Rescue Protocol overrides Bandage, I have to use it regardless if I want to or not.

I want to be able to save it for when I actually need it, for situations where I need to revive myself urgently but I can't do that. If I got down, I have to use it even if using bandage would be more beneficial and saving rescue protocol. Therefore, I think it would be fore the best if Rescue Protocol was it's own separate downstate skill and doesn't override Bandage, similar to Channeled Agony.

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If someone is going to revive you, can't you just not use it?  If you kill all mobs near you, or even just one, does that not revive you? 

I think the issue is that you can't use bandage and keep rescue protocol in reserve, because using it would cancel bandage and put it on full cooldown. So, generally, you'd have to use revive protocol first.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If someone is going to revive you, can't you just not use it?  If you kill all mobs near you, or even just one, does that not revive you? 

Sure but you if you could choose to use bandage, it would make the revive faster.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I get what OP is trying to express and I agree with it.

There are situations where you can do a combination of using bandage to stall the self bleeding between your other downed skills, specially the cc one, to be able to kill enemies without being finished before it.

Remember that the bot has 10 minutes of cooldown, so using it when someone is resuing you is not optimal. Bandage would add a little bit of healing but now you can't even use it just because they stapled a 10 minute cooldown self revive on a primordial skill.

Edited by Wolfb.7025
  • Like 3