Updating GS animation to have more rev-feel

RedYeti.2453

Some GS animations  should be more unique and many of us thinks that Anet gave rev GS without thought and effort recycled animations from other classes

I mean animations from other classes are OK, but they could choose diffrent less used GS animation like ranger GS or using from new Gunsaber weapon from Bladesworn spec to give this weapon more identity 

Replaces for:

GS autoattack-instead generic auto, lets change animaton order, so you start with second animation then use final animation(Mist Slash->Arcing Mists) and after that use diffrent animation like warriors uppercut from GS5 Rush skill leaving small rift that collapse, also we could change skill names that would fit properly like: Mist Cleave->Mist Slash->Arcing Mists

GS2-from effortlesly used GS1 animation we could use Guardian GS4 animation thrusting your GS to ground creating mist cracks on the ground 
GS4-Imperial Guard could use Blood Flame skill animation from Ryland Flamesaw skill called Blood Flame then using True Strike could use Ranger last Gs autoattack skill or Bladesworn Dragon slash animation

• Thanks 4

This would be lovely but I'm afraid its never going to happen, Anet is struggling to find 3d animators its why so so many of the new elite specs use either recycled animations like the Vindicator or lighting effects instead of animations like the Untamed. So yea I'm with ya not a fan of the animations but we're stuck with them so what ya gun do. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Many animations have been recycled for years, perhaps in the eyes of many it's lazy, but from a gameplay perspective it is very beneficial. Same for the production time, I said this before but will again. Animations in Guild Wars 2 while not always new have a really high degree of quality to them, a lot of detail and care put into them, if Anet ever truly feel like they need to create new animations you can trust in them to do so.

You look at any of them and you can see they have aged pretty well, they have a lot of weight, lot of attention. When PoF they've showed once again that they do have skillful artists by just looking at the mounts quality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I mean yeah, it would be better if they were unique but is not a big deal. For me the bigger problem of the animations is the Vindicator dodge which is extremely counterintuitive, being some form of jump, either into the sky or into the Mists, that can't climb a small rock and will be interrupted by certain obstacle skills.

If this helps you, I feel the Requiem animation fits more Revenant than Reaper, considering how the character starts to "float" while conjuring the attack.

• Thanks 1

The one animation that really needs to change is gs 2 because it uses the exact same animation as the first hit of the auto attack chain just slightly slower. Using animations for multiple skills across different classes is disappointing but acceptable but using the same animation for two skills on the same weapon set is really obvious and ruins counterplay in competitive modes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

The one animation that really needs to change is gs 2 because it uses the exact same animation as the first hit of the auto attack chain just slightly slower. Using animations for multiple skills across different classes is disappointing but acceptable but using the same animation for two skills on the same weapon set is really obvious and ruins counterplay in competitive modes.

3. Counter from 4 is the same lol

Besides they could have used diff animations already made ingame like Balthazar sword. Check even if they didnt want us to have floating gs they could have used 'crashing blade' from Ryland sword for for gs4 counter, arcing slide for 5 and necro gs 3 for gs2 or in whatever order u want to have em. Anything would end up better than what it is rn