PvE method for Acquisition of Gift of Battle

3 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

He gave a good point, both WvWers and PvErs win in this case, WvWers can get the GoE without touching PvE, and PvErs can get GoB without touching WvW, and there's also the fact that making the GoB tradable allows WvWers to make easy gold.

"No thanks" is not an argument.

If you want leggies, play more of the game's content. If you don't want to play, buy them from tp or play with the ascended gear without losing any power.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

He gave a good point, both WvWers and PvErs win in this case, WvWers can get the GoE without touching PvE, and PvErs can get GoB without touching WvW, and there's also the fact that making the GoB tradable allows WvWers to make easy gold.

"No thanks" is not an argument.

He didn’t. To get legendaries you should have to play a variety of content. You want the reward? Do what is required.
“No thanks” is the only valid reaction in this case. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you want leggies, play more of the game's content. If you don't want to play, buy them from tp or play with the ascended gear without losing any power.

That's cool and all but how is making people play gamemodes they don't like is not gonna solve anything. Anet supposedly wants us to play the game the way we enjoy it, so surely we can make both parties happy by allowing them to exchange GoBs for GoEs and vice versa, I assure you most of the playerbase does not like WvW. This is not me being rude, it's literally just how it is. Hell it can be 2 GoEs for 1 GoB and 2 GoBs for 1 GoE so there's an actual price for it.
Let's just make both parties happy, you're still gonna have to grind for a GoE to get the GoB so in the end there still would be grind involved to make it truly legendary. Or at the very least make the GoB obtainable in PvP so you have an actual choice in the gamemode you want to play.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

That's cool and all but how is making people play gamemodes they don't like is not gonna solve anything. Anet supposedly wants us to play the game the way we enjoy it, so surely we can make both parties happy by allowing them to exchange GoBs for GoEs and vice versa, I assure you most of the playerbase does not like WvW. This is not me being rude, it's literally just how it is. 
Let's just make both parties happy, you're still gonna have to grind for a GoE to get the GoB so in the end there still would be grind involved to make it truly legendary. Or at the very least make the GoB obtainable in PvP so you have an actual choice in the gamemode you want to play.

There is absolutely no reason to change anything about the Gift of Battle or Gift of Exploration. Legendaries are not a necessity to play the game. It’s not a basic human right to have them. They are completely optional.
You want them? Do what is required, just like everyone else. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

That's cool and all but how is making people play gamemodes they don't like is not gonna solve anything. Anet supposedly wants us to play the game the way we enjoy it, so surely we can make both parties happy by allowing them to exchange GoBs for GoEs and vice versa, I assure you most of the playerbase does not like WvW. This is not me being rude, it's literally just how it is. 

You don't need to have legendaries to enjoy the game.

If PvE-only players vehemently refuse to play WvW, even refusing to do as little as one or two of the PvE-centric dailies per day, they will be fine using exotics and ascended gear.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

Play it or don't play it, it's your choice. As already mentioned there are solutions to the issue you have: get the material yourself if you want to feel you crafted leggy by yourself. Or farm up and buy the leggy. Or keep playing with ascended gear. Don't pretend it's somehow about "making both parties happy" or "giving GoB monetary value", because it isn't, it's about you getting the material easier and nothing more or less than that. You write "that's cool and all", but in reality you didn't even address what you've quoted, you just repeated the same "gimme" you already wrote.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

There is absolutely no reason to change anything about the Gift of Battle or Gift of Exploration. Legendaries are not a necessity to play the game. You want them? Do what is required, just like everyone else. 

There's no reason not to change it either, I'm pretty sure players would be happy if they were made interchangeable because they could stick to the gamemodes they enjoy. Because this is what the game is about, playing the game the way you enjoy.

Hell, this isn't even about difficulty, what's so legendary about the GoB? There's absolutely no difficulty involved, the problem is that it's tedious and boring. Again, not everyone enjoys WvW.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

There's no reason no to change it either, I'm pretty sure players would be happy if they were made interchangeable because they could stick to the gamemodes they enjoy. Because this is what the game is about, playing the game the way you enjoy.

Hell, this isn't even about difficulty, what's so legendary about the GoB? There's absolutely no difficulty involved, the problem is that it's tedious and boring. Again, not everyone enjoys WvW.

You can play the game the way you enjoy it. No one is forcing you to get legendaries. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

There's no reason not to change it either, I'm pretty sure players would be happy if they were made interchangeable because they could stick to the gamemodes they enjoy. Because this is what the game is about, playing the game the way you enjoy.

Keeping it exclusive as an incentive for players to try out WvW very much is a reason to not change it.

Again, if you don't like WvW just don't do it.

Legendaries are not necessary to enjoy the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Fueki.4753 said:

Keeping it exclusive as an incentive for players to try out WvW very much is a reason to not change it.

Again, if you don't like WvW just don't do it.

There are already incentives. The rewards were increased not too long ago. The game rains grandmaster shards on you and a lot of exp for defending stonemist (which allows for easy tomes and testimonies) and the legendary armor is easier to get than ever for those who don't want to do raids.

• Confused 6

28 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

There is also this little thing with goe being limited to 2 per character and gob being unlimited tho.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

He didn’t. To get legendaries you should have to play a variety of content. You want the reward? Do what is required.
“No thanks” is the only valid reaction in this case. 

For the record, I personally don't have a problem with GoB nor GoE. I've got both sitting unused in my bank.

As someone who has a complete distaste for instanced PVE content and has seen ArenaNet recently try to push people into it with rewards that are most wanted by open world players, I have a lot of sympathy for people wanting to play the content they enjoy.

"You want the reward? Do what is required." is a ridiculous arugment. A game's success is based on "what is required" being balanced with the reward. Witness recent MMOs that have died because the majority of people felt "what is required" was not fun for the rewards offered at endgame.

By all means, argue that "what is required" is appropriate. But the dismissive, blanket "You want the rewards? Do what is required." is just a way to shut down that kind of conversation.

15 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Interestingly, there are plenty of WvWers who lament that there are too many people in WvW taking up queue space just because they want the legendaries. Is "incentive to try WvW" worth the downside?

23 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

This is true, but they are the primary endgame goal presented to players.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

34 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

"You want the reward? Do what is required." is a ridiculous arugment.

It isn't, that's how getting rewards in games works. On the other hand saying that "I could do it but I won't because no, so give that optional reward to me for whatever else I'm already doing anyways" is indeed quite ridiculous. By all means: don't want to? Then don't, this is in no way required for you to play the game like you're playing it.

34 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Interestingly, there are plenty of WvWers who lament that there are too many people in WvW taking up queue space just because they want the legendaries. Is "incentive to try WvW" worth the downside?

False to the point it looks like you're just meming now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

This is true, but they are the primary endgame goal presented to players.

This is literally false.

They are they little more than a bit of QoL for people who ruin a multitude of builds on a character.

The primary end goals still are the same as they were with single player games in the 80's: fun and enjoyment.

28 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I haven't see a WvW queue in years, so I don't see any issue with this.

50 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

There are already incentives. The rewards were increased not too long ago. The game rains grandmaster shards on you and a lot of exp for defending stonemist (which allows for easy tomes and testimonies) and the legendary armor is easier to get than ever for those who don't want to do raids.

There also being other incentives doesn't mean the GoB needs to stop being one.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

This is literally false.

They are they little more than a bit of QoL for people who ruin a multitude of builds on a character.

The primary end goals still are the same as they were with single player games in the 80's: fun and enjoyment.

All games should be played for fun. That's the intrinsic reward.

Some games also include extrinsic rewards, most notably RPGs, whether MMO or single player. Especially MMO, though. The fun comes from pursuing those extrinsic reward after a certain point, or MMOs wouldn't include so many mechanics that require doing the same thing over and over in order to get them.

Legendary gear is one of the primary extrinsic rewards pursued by GW2 players.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I haven't see a WvW queue in years, so I don't see any issue with this.

Remarkable. Do you play in off hours?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Do you play in off hours?

I usually play around CET+1/2 around 9 to 11 am, on the NA side.

I don't know whether that counts as "prime time" or or not, but I usually see a decent amount of players.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

All games should be played for fun. That's the intrinsic reward.

Some games also include extrinsic rewards, most notably RPGs, whether MMO or RPG. Especially MMO, though. The fun comes from pursuing those extrinsic reward after a certain point, or MMOs wouldn't include so many mechanics that require doing the same thing over and over in order to get them.

Legendary gear is one of the primary extrinsic rewards pursued by GW2 players.

You know there are other servers then t1 and t2 right?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I usually play around CET+1/2 around 9 to 11 am, on the NA side.

I don't know Whether that counts as "prime time" or or not, but I usually see a decent amount of players.

Huh. I play Eastern time between 8 and 11, not on a big WvW server, and typically see a dozen person queue on most maps.

I don't do a ton of WvW, but do see this as a regular complaint in the WvW forums.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

30 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Some games also include extrinsic rewards, most notably RPGs, whether MMO or RPG. Especially MMO, though. The fun comes from pursuing those extrinsic reward after a certain point, or MMOs wouldn't include so many mechanics that require doing the same thing over and over in order to get them.

Which is also tied with playing more of the game's content, directly connected with the "after some time" and "pursuing" parts of your post.
"I'll keep doing the same things I kept doing, but since I did it for some time, now I expect more rewards" kind of doesn't seem like it fits the description you've used.

30 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Nothing remarkable about that, it just seems you're trying to talk about the gamemodes you're not exactly participating in often (which is ok), so as a result you end up making up arguments to fit your goal as you go (which is less ok).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Which is also tied with playing more of the game's content, directly connected with the "after some time" and "pursuing" parts of your post.
"I'll keep doing the same things I kept doing, but since I did it for some time, now I expect more rewards" kind of doesn't seem like it fits the description you've used.

Nothing remarkable about that, it just seems you're trying to talk about the gamemodes you're not exactly participating in often (which is ok), so as a result you end up making up arguments to fit your goal as you go (which is less ok).

Because everyone does Tyria map completion on a daily basis. That's why we want an exchange for it clearly...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Because everyone does Tyria map completion on a daily basis. That's why we want an exchange for it clearly...

Yup, I know -even if it's not automatically a "full" map completion or "daily basis" since that wasn't really what I said. You're not complaining about it because you somehow want to make it less convenient for yourself.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As stated above, I've got GoBs and GoEs sittting unused. I'm not looking for more rewards from content I've already done.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3