I guess I'm not going to get the siege turtle.

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Most of the players that are complaining here are not interested in getting help or even getting the turtle. It seems they are just here to complain. Seems to be a new game mode  for some. 

HAHAHA, yeah. The forums are the ultimate end game content!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It's gonna get better with time and people are already doing this event with no entry requirements. It's fairly easy and 8 people can easily do it if 2 people do absolutely nothing in the mission.

The best time to try is when it's also the daily strike achievement. Keep joining groups that you can and you will eventually beat it. This is not like the meta where every attempt takes you 2 hours. It takes 10 minutes each time, so for every dragon's end meta you attempted, you can attempt 12 KaiLeng Overlook.

I have done it every week, but on first week I died early and did nothing the entire strike and the other 9 people carried me.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

If all the people who don't want to do strikes or raid-like content quit playing, then anet can say a larger percentage of the active playerbase is doing strikes and raid-like content since strikes and raid-like content were introduced, thereby justifying the inclusion of even more strikes and raid-like content. It's genius!

I'm going with the route of continuing to play, but no longer paying.

That way they can read the data and think it's because I don't like their turtle skins. 😄

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

the most specific tip i have seen is to go and look for a build on an external website, i.e. NOT IN THE GAME

I don't see the reason why you'd need to pick "the most specific tip" here instead of trying to consider all of them. But even with that, what exactly is your complaint here? "Looking for a build on an extrernal website, i.e NOT IN THE GAME" isn't a requirement to complete the content successfully. It's nothing more than a shortcut for people that don't want to or can't make their own semi-coherent build. The "INGAME" way of going about it is the one without the shortcut, which means learning everything from the bottom, reading skills/traits/stat descriptions with understanding and picking what you think will be helpful in a boss encounter in a group setting. At no point you're required to use anything outside of the game to have a semi-coherent build that deals dmg, supports members of your group or w/e. It's also probably the main reason we're unlocking skills and traits "one after another" in the process of leveling up, so people can actually read and try them out instead of getting 100 skills thrown at them, at which point that task becomes more daunting and confusing.

In other words: want the ingame way? Then don't try to rush to the late/endgame.

or, to get lost. carrying other players is not ideal, but its better than what the game gives you

At no point was I talking about "being ideal". I think it should be clear that what I was talking about is that there's no need to pretend that "carrying players through the content [without them learning/understanding it]" is somehow "closing the gap". It doesn't, if someone wants to help "close the gap", playing with them is a good thing as long as they're also explaining the mechanics and give them advice on what to improve. That's absolutely not the case when someone says "we can carry you through the content, but you might need to /gg so you're not in the way".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't see the reason why you'd need to pick "the most specific tip" here instead of trying to consider all of them. But even with that, what exactly is your complaint here? "Looking for a build on an extrernal website, i.e NOT IN THE GAME" isn't a requirement to complete the content successfully. It's nothing more than a shortcut for people that don't want to or can't make their own semi-coherent build. The "INGAME" way of going about it is the one without the shortcut, which means learning everything from the bottom, reading skills/traits/stat descriptions with understanding and picking what you think will be helpful in a boss encounter in a group setting. At no point you're required to use anything outside of the game to have a semi-coherent build that deals dmg, supports members of your group or w/e.

At no point was I talking about "being ideal". I think it should be clear that what I was talking about is that there's no need to pretend that "carrying players through the content [without them learning/understanding it]" is somehow "closing the gap". It doesn't, if someone wants to help "close the gap", playing with them is a good thing as long as they're also explaining the mechanics and give them advice on what to improve. That's absolutely not the case when someone says "we can carry you through the content, but you might need to /gg so you're not in the way".

sure, ill just start my firebrand at level 1 and go from there. alternatively, i can find a build online, and just hope that it 

suits me. thats what i blew my last gold on BTW. a "super casual" DD build. after getting slaughtered for an hour or so,

i just logged off. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

sure, ill just start my firebrand at level 1 and go from there. alternatively, i can find a build online, and just hope that it 

When you're able to unlock especs,  you've already unlocked vast majority of the skills/traits available for your class. You also reasonably should have better understanding of the game than at the moment you've first launched it and created a character. You can also still unlock it one by one and still should read through the new traits/skills of any espec you want to play. Again, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here and how does this closely relates to what I wrote above about your complaint which was: "I need to get a build from external site!". No, by far you don't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

When you're able to unlock especs,  you've already unlocked vast majority of the skills/traits available for your class. You also reasonably should have better understanding of the game than at the moment you've first launched it and created a character. You can also still unlock it one by one and still should read through the new traits/skills of any espec you want to play. Again, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here and how does this closely relates to what I wrote above about your complaint which was: "I need to get a build from external site!". No, by far you don't.

experimenting with builds at max level is very expensive. it is also safe to say, that most casuals will perform very poorly

when having to learn to play under the pressure of end game performance.

never mind the fact, that they have chosen their old build because it is exactly the way they like to play the game

making them elite specs, and not full blown classes is prolly the worst idea in mmo history.

it creates end game players, that dont know their class. its fine for you hardcores, but the casual player will just get

hammered until they get carried, or quit

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

experimenting with builds at max level is very expensive. it is also safe to say, that most casuals will perform very poorly

never mind the fact, that they have chosen their old build because it is exactly the way they like to play the game

making them elite specs, and not full blown classes is prolly the worst idea in mmo history.

it creates end game players, that dont know their class. its fine for you hardcores, but the casual player will just get

You seem to dislike using websites for builds, while also disliking making your own build due to cost. 

What the person you answer to is saying is that if you get to the point of finishing an Elite Specialization you will have sufficient knowledge of that profession, which is correct.

Experimenting with your profession also isn't gear exclusively, it's specializations and skills as well, which cost no gold and there are elite specs that work similiar to core, Guard and DH for example.

If you don't know something about your profession you can read about it, ask others. I know a lot of people are playing solo, but there are other people in this game you can ask for help.

16 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

hammered until they get carried, or quit

You forgot the third option where that casual player does their part and doesn't get carried. 

Many overestimate the knowledge required to be decent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

11 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

Not really for basic dps options.

But what solution here would you see?

I'm not sure what you mean with this sentence or what you're responding to. Elaborate?

Ok, so what? You've complained that "people need to go to the external sites for builds!!!", but now you're reverting into "they've picked their traits/skills once and shouldn't ever have any reason to change them"? So you're dropping your previous complaint about game not providing you with some ultimate shortcuts in the form of whole builds?

Disagreed. It adds options to the class and its playstyle, while not flooding you with tons of new traits and skills like a completely new class would. If someone has troubles with creating a coherent build in the current system, where they slowly uncover trait-after-trait and skill-after-skill, but then try to make a claim about "espec system being bad and confusing" then I can't say it makes sense to me. If adding a trait line and 5 skills is so bad and confusing for people, then adding the netirely new class would be even more confusing as it would provide more things to learn in comparison to the current system.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Nuunes.5046 said:

Raid KP for strikes is going to be a must for 2/4 of them for anyone wanting to do them with an ounce of reliability.

All groups I have done the new strikes with were without kp requirements. And all groups were successful. So no, it’s not a must. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You seem to dislike using websites for builds, while also disliking making your own build due to cost. 

What the person you answer to is saying is that if you get to the point of finishing an Elite Specialization you will have sufficient knowledge of that profession, which is correct.

Experimenting with your profession also isn't gear exclusively, it's specializations and skills as well, which cost no gold and there are elite specs that work similiar to core, Guard and DH for example.

If you don't know something about your profession you can read about it, ask others. I know a lot of people are playing solo, but there are other people in this game you can ask for help.

You forgot the third option where that casual player does their part and doesn't get carried. 

Many overestimate the knowledge required to be decent.

"suffficient knowledge" about a class i haver never tried? i guess we have very different definitions of casual.

yes, i have tried switching skills..a lot.

but without the correct gear, i just get slaughtered. 

so, i tried the other way around. found a casual DD build with "high survivability"

bought the gear, runes and sigils. it was even worse than my old P/D build.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, battledrone.8315 said:

"suffficient knowledge" about a class i haver never tried? i guess we have very different definitions of casual.

yes, i have tried switching skills..a lot.

but without the correct gear, i just get slaughtered. 

so, i tried the other way around. found a casual DD build with "high survivability"

bought the gear, runes and sigils. it was even worse than my old P/D build.

Read this again:

13 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If you reach level 80 and finish an elite specialization on a profession it is not a profession you have never tried before.

If you pick a new build and don't know how to play it it tends to feel worse than the one you already know.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Read this again:

If you reach level 80 and finish an elite specialization on a profession it is not a profession you have never tried before.

If you pick a new build and don't know how to play it it tends to feel worse than the one you already know.

wrong, you can easily spend the points without using the build. i have full druid unlocked, never used it once.

and my old build doesnt work anymore, the content is simply too hard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

wrong, you can easily spend the points without using the build. i have full druid unlocked, never used it once.

You've still played the class -ranger- before and just unlock a relatively small number of skills and traits that the espec provides when compared to the rest of the class.

Also just spending points without reading/using anything is your choice, not sure what this is supposed to be showing here. Read as you unlock. If you don't read it and don't intend to use it anyways then... I don't see what the issue is?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

by the time you reach level 80 on Ranger and unlock Druid you will know how to play RANGER?

You say that like you're actually sure of that despite all of the evidence that speaks against it. Especially since the class example is Ranger. That meme definitely is rooted in truth.

58 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Also just spending points without reading/using anything is your choice, not sure what this is supposed to be showing here.

Love how halfway through the sentence you yourself realized how rhetorical that question is going to be. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuunes.5046 said:

Then when you finally get to the part where the mechanics will actually down the party, namely one golem attack that I don't understand how the damage works, since it shoots up and everyone starts dying to damage that doesn't seem to come from anywhere, and the spread mechanic.

Raid KP for strikes is going to be a must for 2/4 of them for anyone wanting to do them with an ounce of reliability.

Well if you joined a training group, maybe you woulda learned you either died to the light green aoe, that's kinda vicious since its in a very similar color to the green tiles of that arena ; or the golem 1234 aoe punches.

Clowns KPers strikes again

Edited by Taclism.2406