Virtuoso has insane auto attack dps

Mell.4873

3 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Mesmers have been continously left Underperforming in PvP and WvWvW roles, as of current the Mesmer as No builds which exist at high level SPVP or WvWvW Gameplay. what its got is a Few Janky mediocre builds which have managed Some level of Performance that the dedicated Mesmers use to be atleast somewhat useful in the game modes.

Once Again Virtuoso has Offered another PvE Specc with Limited capacity in both PvP and WvWvW which means the core problem of Mesmers being Severely lacking in 3/4s of the game has Remained unanswered, people are angry because Not everyone is accepting "Oh but its good in PvE" as a Acceptable answer to the Anger the Community as Displayed.

If Mesmers already had a Strong contender for SPVP and WvWvW Content the Anger would likely be Lessened but the problem is it has Not nor as Anet displayed any motivation or Reasoning to once again why virtuoso has proven Disfunctional in a SPVP and WvWvW Enviroment once again.

When players Heard a "No clone Specc" it was Agreed that this would be a Perfect time for Mesmers to finally get a Specc which found footing in this Game mode ontop of this Finally have a Specc which is capable in SPVP. without some mechanic which Anet continously nerfs because of QQing over Clones existance and more etc etc.

Ofcourse Anet Oversighted this Grand moment and Once again Delievered a Specc with the same Core problems in functionality in SPVP and WvWvW and made another Raid build which does DPS.

Its a 100% Projectile based Specc, which is a Glass Cannon with a Lack of Active Defenses to cater for that. this wasnt a case of "oh it just got the numbers wrong" or "Oh a few tweaks and the problems would be solved" this Specc was ACTIVELY DESIGNED to be flawed in SPVP and WvWvW Content. by litterally making it one of the most easily Countered Speccs in the game.

I will agree in WvW Virtuoso is a bit janky but is mostly due to the fact people fight on different planes. When in a Zerg and you are not trying to siege a wall, Virtuoso works really well in my opinion. Not as much damage as longbow Ranger my other WvW class but it does really well at keeping up pressure with its Psionic utilities. Bladesongs would be better if they where unblockable which in fairly certain the trait is bugged.

In perms of sPvP right now Virtuoso is dominating, with most Mesmers i see in the game being them. Its not really my cup of tea to be that squishy, but i see people who can use dominate 1v1 and team fights. There only problem is if they get focused but Mesmer in general has many escapes.

3 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Core Mesmer Needs the nerf spree Reversed. Chronomancer needs the rework of a Life time to bring back its Individuality and Soul and Mirage Needs a Proper Rework instead of Some half assed Nerf Spree Because it turns out allowing a Proffession to Dodge While stunned would cause a Outcry.

100% agree with this, I think they will go back and fix or compensate most classes that lost 10-man boons. Mirage is a hard one to fix but a lot of people have suggested giving the second dodge back but halfling the dodge frames so you can avoid mechanics.

16 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I will agree in WvW Virtuoso is a bit janky but is mostly due to the fact people fight on different planes. When in a Zerg and you are not trying to siege a wall, Virtuoso works really well in my opinion. Not as much damage as longbow Ranger my other WvW class but it does really well at keeping up pressure with its Psionic utilities. Bladesongs would be better if they where unblockable which in fairly certain the trait is bugged.

In perms of sPvP right now Virtuoso is dominating, with most Mesmers i see in the game being them. Its not really my cup of tea to be that squishy, but i see people who can use dominate 1v1 and team fights. There only problem is if they get focused but Mesmer in general has many escapes.

Except it isnt. people just play it because its new.

Core mesmer does its job better, thats just factual, Virtuoso isnt dominating anything and if it is.... yah speaks more about the team v him then it does about Virtuoso lol no meta build should be dying to virtuoso lol i dont get how u can litterally see 3 of the highest level SPVP mesmers in the game Quit the game because of virtuoso and Still think somehow its good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Except it isnt. people just play it because its new.

Core mesmer does its job better, thats just factual, Virtuoso isnt dominating anything and if it is.... yah speaks more about the team v him then it does about Virtuoso lol no meta build should be dying to virtuoso lol i dont get how u can litterally see 3 of the highest level SPVP mesmers in the game Quit the game because of virtuoso and Still think somehow its good.

I mean I'm in high gold/plat and I see Virtuoso's all the time and they do well. It plays very similar to Soulbeast with lots of upfront damage to finish anyone in a 2v1 situation.

I will also agree they can be easy to kill, i mean in the current meta my Untamed pet can down a lot of the new elite specializations due to them being so glassy. Teleporting my pet onto a hiding Virtuoso/Harbinger/Mechanist is a OP I guess.

Edited by Mell.4873

12 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I mean I'm in high gold/plat and I see Virtuoso's all the time and they do well. It plays very similar to Soulbeast with lots of upfront damage to finish anyone in a 2v1 situation.

I will also agree they can be easy to kill, i mean in the current meta my Untamed pet can down a lot of the new elite specializations due to them being so glassy. Teleporting my pet onto a hiding Virtuoso/Harbinger/Mechanist is a OP I guess.

Any idea to what build their using to get such high performance on then?... i've tried several and havent seen anything special at all coming from this.

2 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

I havent seen a virtuoso that i cannot completely demolish with Mirage.

tbh i've only ever seen One actually win a game xD And tbh he was Less about actually winning a Fight and Was just simply Trolling far Node successfully but didnt actually really kill anyone with whatever build he was using.. but was the strongest one i've seen so far.

Just curious to what build he seems to beleive is "Dominating the meta"

2 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

tbh i've only ever seen One actually win a game xD And tbh he was Less about actually winning a Fight and Was just simply Trolling far Node successfully but didnt actually really kill anyone with whatever build he was using.. but was the strongest one i've seen so far.

Just curious to what build he seems to beleive is "Dominating the meta"

Sorry I am more of a fighter, the whole concept of node capturing is such a boring concept, God do I miss WoW for their battlegrounds.

58 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Any idea to what build their using to get such high performance on then?... i've tried several and havent seen anything special at all coming from this.

No idea, I just see them. I guess they run most of the escape utilities and just rely on Bladesongs and daggers for damage.

1 hour ago, Ithilwen.1529 said:

The OP has admitted they don't main Mesmer. 

2,523 hours would beg to differ, and i only started playing my Mesmer as a main 3 years ago (after Mirage came out). Before that it was Ranger hence why i still play it in sPvP since I can bunker with it, which is impossible with Mesmer.

Don't get me wrong i have played Mesmer in sPvP but i cant maintain my high gold/plat rank, Its more low gold.

Edited by Mell.4873

8 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

I havent seen a virtuoso that i cannot completely demolish with Mirage.

When i saw noob trash builds demolish me in WvW when playing as a Virtuoso, and that i had no way of defending myself, and my damage wasn't even good enough to not let someone just heal through it, i went back to my Mirage. Like, i can't even burst someone down as i can on Mirage, they just sidestep any attack and the ones that do hit do nothing.

Then i saw some Virtuosos for a while, it was new, people were trying it out.

Mirages everywhere from now on. Everyone gave up on Virtuoso. 

When you can die to a noob minion necro in WvW, that someone just brought from their PvE build to do dailies... Then something's wrong. Minion necros used to be my "oh good, free kill" moments. Not because the build is trash per se, but because mostly new and PvE people play them, the ones that just enter WvW to do dailies and bugger off after. 

Yeah... Those people can easily kill a Virtuoso.

• Sad 1

On 3/21/2022 at 4:32 PM, Mell.4873 said:

Edited by Ithilwen.1529
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

Mechainist can do 26k DPS on a auto attack build as mukluk showed in a YouTube video and your on about 18k 😂

Core revenant can produce a 20k+ auto attack build also. 

If your seeing virtuoso perform well in spvp I'm sorry it's a case where the mesmers just alot better then you, in a equally skilled match this is simply not the case. 

It's not used in MAT or ATs for a reason people will use virtuoso in spvp ofcourse. It's brand new, and it's a expansion launch with no meta builds avaliable. 

Which means alot more people are using homemade builds or using random ones others have home made currently. Alot of theory craft remains to be done. 

So the weakness of virtuoso can be overshadowed at times due to the quantity of bad builds being used currently. 

However you take a 5v5 of I dunno, 55 dragons and Wurms, and you will honestly see virtuoso get absolutely smashed into the floor repeatively. The specc simply had no redeeming features. 

It has some decent blocks. But the shatters don't do enough damage for how counterable they are. They are too easily evaded, it will oftenly die before it even gets a opportunity to use its shatters if focused properly. 

And here's the fact. 

Virtuoso is alot of fun to play, it has some interesting abilities (if the heal could be fixed that'd be awesome and If the utilities could be cleaned up abit to be abit more functional then current) 

All most mesmers want, is virtuoso to get the buffs and changes it needs to be successful I don't understand as a player who admits physically swapping proffession to enjoy a game mode, why you promote silly builds and concepts continously to try and sugar coat the reality of the situation. 

At best in PvE we are weaver 2.0. a glass cannon with no supportive or boon application builds. We are largely never going to be a meta proffession in any game mode. The proffessions ok solo wise at best and it's spvp performance is a hinderance. 

Did I lose rank playing virtuoso? No. Can I win games? Yah, but I'm also only a gold 3 casual spvper. The skill disparity in the matchmaking system currently means you can get away with most things. 

However that doesn't mean virtuoso is fine either. The issue is a well played mesmer is considered a pain in the **** so the outcry against it gets loud the moment it even remotely gets close to decent. 

Mesmer is one of the conceptually most unique game experiences to offer. It is something u would only find in this game alone, so how can you lay around defending the fact Anet are just leaving it in a pile of mess based of some sorta player hatred towards the proffession. 

Thief is hated by the playerbase also. Yet you don't see it fall out of strength as often as mesmer. So why tolerate being treated so differently. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Thief is hated by the playerbase also. Yet you don't see it fall out of strength as often as mesmer. So why tolerate being treated so differently. 

No screw SA, that crap needs a nerf, but at the same time I agree thieves need buffs in other areas. ATM SA is too strong not to pick up.

SA is like Insp +  Chaos traitline combined.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

No screw SA, that crap needs a nerf, but at the same time I agree thieves need buffs in other areas. ATM SA is too strong not to pick up.

SA is like Insp +  Chaos traitline combined.

Exactly. but how long did it take for them to do even Notice SA Comparitively to how quickly Season 9 Mirage was shot down.

Mesmer gets something and its Insta on the radar and gets nerfed the same season, Thief goes rampent for Years and then they're like "oh i guess we best do something now".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Exactly. but how long did it take for them to do even Notice SA Comparitively to how quickly Season 9 Mirage was shot down.

Mesmer gets something and its Insta on the radar and gets nerfed the same season, Thief goes rampent for Years and then they're like "oh i guess we best do something now".

Like when mes has a bug tht benefits them it gets fixed immediately but a bug tht doesnt benefit the mes it never gets fixed

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Like when mes has a bug tht benefits them it gets fixed immediately but a bug tht doesnt benefit the mes it never gets fixed

IKR, they bugged Revenant in a Positive way and Litterally decided to just leave it as "intended" Rather then fixing it XD and it initially was a bug, ofcourse the issue with fixing it a Decade later was they already decided they'd keep it.

I feel like Mesmers Needlessly so high on their Radar at all times for barely any reason, isnt ok for Mirage to have a crazy sustain build and it needs to be Nerfed at the cost of Deleting Entire builds from the game, but Core Necro gooing rampent with Super high sustain builds with no counterability is Absolutely Fine to exist for years.

I think Virtuosos Largest Failing is actually Core Mesmers State. Its butchered to such a Degree at this point if the elite isnt Overpowered enough to carry it, the proffession cant Lift its Weight at all. not to mentino to the feeling Virtuoso was Intentinoally sabotaged. as i dont beleive this is its fundamental Designs problem at all.

F1-F4 Never needed to be Projectiles.

F3 and F4 Shouldnt of cost Blades to use, why must everything be tied to the same system... its fine for every other proffession to stun you down and use Burst abilities to capitalise. but Mesmers? Nope. cant do that u gotta Use your WHOLE resource to CC a Target.

They give us a AoE Knockdown. and Instead of applying Some defensive boons they put DPS ontop of it? Why. Stability+Protection would have made this a REALLY good choice.

instead of Adding flexibility to It.. they lob Condi options at it? Why. if its susposed to be a Shatter orinated specc. why give it condi? Shatters are SUSPOSED to be bursty. like its a Litteral Polar opposite of that statement at this point.

Its a Shame. because Ironically im actually a big fan of its Playstyle. it feels like a Caster which is awesome considering how little Representation Proper casters have in GW2. it feels Smooth to play and Everything flows Really well, Anet just threw a whole bunch of Rubbish at it to Hinder the Specc for god knows what reason.

They were Over cautious. and its pretty clear they thought Removing Clones adding target swap and Allowing Mesmers control over timing their burst instead of flat cappnig them to use it on the target before it dies or lose it Was going to be some sorta Huge power creep. when it Wasnt. and even when proven it wasnt anet did nothing to rectify the situation.

Release something People have been begging for. a Caster based playstyle with Ranged Options, then absolutely butcher it through the gate, Litterally This specc would have been hype as all hell if they Didnt hinder the specc so badly walking out the gates..

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2022 at 12:54 AM, Mell.4873 said:

It is definingly easier for people to play, i mean i spent a good year trying and trying to learn Chronomancer finally after repeated attempts i got the weird rotation down.

Chronomancer is still superior in a lot of ways especially the burst which has much greater potential, and also the slow/taunt which is crazy op CC for the open world. The greatest downside to Chrono is downright stupid rotation involving cramming as many abilities in Continuum Split, while using Signet of the Ether on as many phantasm cooldowns as possible.

So, given it took you a year to figure out chronomancer i can clearly understand why you love virtuoso so much.  I wouldn’t say this auto attack result is particularly good, it’s definetely worse than the other Mesmer specs/weapons.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, Ithilwen.1529 said:

In other words , you don't main Mesmer. Admit it. In another post you claim you play ranger in "high gold/plat"

So either you're not telling the truth about being in Silver with Virtuoso ( as you claimed in another post ) or you're not in "high gold/plat." 

Which is it?

It's pretty obvious you have an agenda and I'm pretty sure it isn't to promote Mesmer.

My ranger has the other 2.5k hours so i guess i have 2 mains, 5k hours in total i have played guild wars 2.

Also you might want to drop this whole thing about me not being a Mesmer main you have already had posts removed because of it.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Mechainist can do 26k DPS on a auto attack build as mukluk showed in a YouTube video and your on about 18k 😂

Core revenant can produce a 20k+ auto attack build also. 

All true but I want to play Mesmer (not in sPvP) so I will take what I can get. I top most dps charts in PvE so i am happy with that, again though i tend to play support in PvE meta events.

I really just here to tell everyone what i found, i don't mean to argue with anyone or claim that i'm a Mesmer main god.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

So, given it took you a year to figure out chronomancer i can clearly understand why you love virtuoso so much.  I wouldn’t say this auto attack result is particularly good, it’s definetely worse than the other Mesmer specs/weapons.

Very true, Although now that I learned Chronomancer its hard to put it down especially being able to burst with layering phantasms on top of each other.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

All true but I want to play Mesmer (not in sPvP) so I will take what I can get. I top most dps charts in PvE so i am happy with that, again though i tend to play support in PvE meta events.

I really just here to tell everyone what i found, i don't mean to argue with anyone or claim that i'm a Mesmer main god.

You haven't found it, Snow Crows was it so stop claiming its something you was coming up.

Dps charts in Meta events mean nothing, majority there don't use rotations or even a Meta build.

Pls go play your so loved Virtuoso and already stop lying everywhere you can.

• Thanks 3

The problem is, your covering critism with praise to its performance. That will ruffle feathers. 

Most people know virtuoso is not that bad in strike / fractal content, it has a strong power build and it has a strong Condi build with faster ramp up then most other Condi builds. Which makes it a ideal choice for.someone looking to play a strict DPS role in that content. 

However, virtuoso is failing in the other 3 game modes quite drastically, it's too glassy in open world content, it doesn't function in spvp and taking it into a WvWvW enviroment is the fastest way to kill yourself on reflects. 

Also your going waaaaaayyyy to far trying to praise this when it boils down to "well it's decent in PvE content" would be perfectly fine. Sure virtuoso as far as I've seen is one of the few new elites people do actually let you play (I've seen in several streams even in the new meta. Teapot as one was demanding everyone to use PoF speccs and not EoD in alot of cases) 

It's auto attack damage is not insane. 18k DPS is not insane, there are auto attack builds doing 30k DPS. People want the other parts of the proffession fixed as not everyone's ok with saying "I just won't play my main in those game modes" like you have, we want fixs. 

Virtuoso is another mesmer elite that is subpar in spvp and WvWvW content. It once again has missed the bar. Give the kitten proffessions 1 god kitten elite specc that is capable in those enviroments. Just one.

And before you say virtuoso is dominating in spvp it isn't. Litterally One player knows how to use a reflect and your entirely hard countered. 

This specc isn't used in MATs or ATs for a reason. And no serious PvP player bothers with the proffession for good reason mesmer has sooo little representation left after people keep quitting over what Anet are doing to it. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Urphen.2857 said:

You haven't found it, Snow Crows was it so stop claiming its something you was coming up.

Dps charts in Meta events mean nothing, majority there don't use rotations or even a Meta build.

Pls go play your so loved Virtuoso and already stop lying everywhere you can.

I am? the auto attack thing was confirmed by another player. What are we even arguing?

• Confused 4

23 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

The problem is, your covering critism with praise to its performance. That will ruffle feathers. 

Most people know virtuoso is not that bad in strike / fractal content, it has a strong power build and it has a strong Condi build with faster ramp up then most other Condi builds. Which makes it a ideal choice for.someone looking to play a strict DPS role in that content. 

However, virtuoso is failing in the other 3 game modes quite drastically, it's too glassy in open world content, it doesn't function in spvp and taking it into a WvWvW enviroment is the fastest way to kill yourself on reflects. 

Also your going waaaaaayyyy to far trying to praise this when it boils down to "well it's decent in PvE content" would be perfectly fine. Sure virtuoso as far as I've seen is one of the few new elites people do actually let you play (I've seen in several streams even in the new meta. Teapot as one was demanding everyone to use PoF speccs and not EoD in alot of cases) 

It's auto attack damage is not insane. 18k DPS is not insane, there are auto attack builds doing 30k DPS. People want the other parts of the proffession fixed as not everyone's ok with saying "I just won't play my main in those game modes" like you have, we want fixs. 

Virtuoso is another mesmer elite that is subpar in spvp and WvWvW content. It once again has missed the bar. Give the kitten proffessions 1 god kitten elite specc that is capable in those enviroments. Just one.

And before you say virtuoso is dominating in spvp it isn't. Litterally One player knows how to use a reflect and your entirely hard countered. 

This specc isn't used in MATs or ATs for a reason. And no serious PvP player bothers with the proffession for good reason mesmer has sooo little representation left after people keep quitting over what Anet are doing to it. 

I agree with everything you said. I mean I only really use Mesmer in PvE which is the majority of this games content so being decent at that is great for Virtouso. 

The main thing the 18k auto attack has going for is which is why I top dps open world charts (even when running inspiration trait line) is the 1200 range. I mean with autotargeting on you become a turret.

I don't really know enough about sPvP Virtuoso to comment on how good or bad it is; I just see alot of them in gold. 

• Confused 2