Replace Dolyak with Jade powered vessel or Robotic Carriers

medivh.4725

Honestly do not enjoy beating up innocent poor helpless dolyaks. What is anet trying to teach here.
I much rather hit some cyborg vassels . Similar to those in Drizzlewood Coast??
Armoured carriers like tank or jade powered transportation vessel that looks tough, robust and more loading capacity.
They can have light signal to color represent the WvW red, green or blue team. And then perhaps equipt on some missiles or light defense to make it fun.
Dolyaks could hardly hit back I feel sorry for them every time.

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'd prefer for Arenanet to keep the jade trash in Cantha and not infect other parts parts of the game with it.

The terminology used here is...something.  

Anyway, I like the robotic carrier idea.  Dolyak has never really made sense since Asura have always had the technology to create golems.  It's just further refined now with jade tech.  

I mean I guess siege turtles are still a little sus with how they are raised for war, but at least they have some defense mechanisms.  Dolyak is entirely helpless.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The terminology used here is...something.  

Anyway, I like the robotic carrier idea.  Dolyak has never really made sense since Asura have always had the technology to create golems.  It's just further refined now with jade tech.  

I mean I guess siege turtles are still a little sus with how they are raised for war, but at least they have some defense mechanisms.  Dolyak is entirely helpless.  

If it were up to the Asura, they use waypoint.

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2022 at 1:09 AM, medivh.4725 said:

Honestly do not enjoy beating up innocent poor helpless dolyaks. What is anet trying to teach here.
I much rather hit some cyborg vassels . Similar to those in Drizzlewood Coast??
Armoured carriers like tank or jade powered transportation vessel that looks tough, robust and more loading capacity.
They can have light signal to color represent the WvW red, green or blue team. And then perhaps equipt on some missiles or light defense to make it fun.
Dolyaks could hardly hit back I feel sorry for them every time.

I've sometimes thought it would be neat to have more ways to defend a camp - like have jade turrets or something automatically fire at nearby enemies.

As it is, it's way too easy to take a camp, it's why I don't even bother putting tactics on, because it takes 12 minutes to come into effect (10 minutes before tactics can be placed, another additional 2 minutes for tactics to come into effect), and usually camps are taken by enemies after the 5 minutes of RI. Anet need to just remove the 10 minute wait on putting tactics on camps, that way you can get at least 3 minutes of tactics in before enemies take it over.

Camps definitely need more defensive options. Not sure about wanting to switch out dolyaks for other things, but I can imagine some jade tech in WvW. Heck, it would be nice to see Stonemist Castle get a graphic update to include green marbled walls or something - it gets a bit boring seeing grey walls everywhere.