After the patch - DPS such as support alac

Cytoplasma.8216

9 minutes ago, Cytoplasma.8216 said:

Full berserker. 

Hammer with CD trait. 

Are you running skirmishing + marksmanship instead of beast matery since you're running hammer? Beast Mastery is rather worthless since the pet doesn't do enough on its own to warrant using from my testing; you won't be gaining the axe ferocity or greatsword +10% DPS bonus.

You'll want to use attacks on Unleash Ranger state always if you're on hammer.

edit: oh and run Iboga with Exploding Spores instead of Sic Em.

Edited by Infusion.7149

Well it is a known that DPS untamed is underwhelming right now even with Ferocious Symbiosis. If your pet doesn't hit then it doesn't apply the buff (i.e. if you have it avoid combat). With the top trait (Fervent Force) you are going to rely on CC to get your skills to recharge quicker. In reality it isn't that amazing because CC on greatsword recharges maul already and hammer CC doesn't help you that much since you give up most of the damage.

Usually in PVE using a CC skill doesn't have a hefty damage penalty of two times or more, but that's the case with Untamed right now. One of my guildmates stated that there should have been more defiance bar value on hammer for it to be worth it as a CC spec. In reality 225CC on overbearing smash every 12s is mediocre compared to renegade's 600CC every <10s under alac and the damage on thump is outright abysmal considering it is 200CC in PVE and the merged bonuses don't exist on untamed. That's not to mention anything with a CC bar doesn't allow you to use the +20% vs disabled foes unless the CC bar is broken.

What sort of golem numbers are you getting with standard buffs? With Iboga it should be over 20K just doing more than auto-ing on the standard boons and banners. Before EOD launch I've seen people run Fervent Force and push 29K+ and that is before the change to Vow of the Untamed.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

What sort of golem numbers are you getting with standard buffs? With Iboga it should be over 20K just doing more than auto-ing on the standard boons and banners. Before EOD launch I've seen people run Fervent Force and push 29K+ and that is before the change to Vow of the Untamed.

OMG. 29 k ? Really ? On golem ? Or realistic game ? 

On golem i have done 26k. 

55 minutes ago, Cytoplasma.8216 said:

OMG. 29 k ? Really ? On golem ? Or realistic game ? 

On golem i have done 26k. 

Benchmark testing

edit: also may want to pick Anarii's brain on this as they pushed 33K phase 1 sabetha before the March 15th buff

https://gw2wingman.nevermindcreations.de/log/20220305-184058_sab_kill

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Untamed not meant to be a pure DPS oriented spec, it's supposed to be a tank

but every tank in this game plays the role of a support !!!

Untamed dont have any boons witch can share with party like Mesmer tank or Guardian tank

Edited by Cytoplasma.8216

2 hours ago, Cytoplasma.8216 said:

but every tank in this game plays the role of a support !!!

Untamed dont have any boons witch can share with party like Mesmer tank or Guardian tank

Guessing that is what is coming with the spirits change.  I mean, that won't help untamed specifically, but may allow ranger to actually run support lol.

The problem is the devs vastly overestimate a pet's value.  This much was clear during the beta stream with that one dev that drinks gallons of water; this dev was preoccupied with 'tail swipe' and meme'ing over it.  That is the literal depth here.  

So when spirit change comes, guessing it's going to be better to run druid anyway--as it was the OG support spec before it got nerfed into only being good for immob.  

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Benchmark testing

edit: also may want to pick Anarii's brain on this as they pushed 33K phase 1 sabetha before the March 15th buff

https://gw2wingman.nevermindcreations.de/log/20220305-184058_sab_kill

Anariii is trolling with a slb merge exploit. Please check his buffs. Untamed is complete trash in pve. Its worse than core ranger. Doing supp alac level dps sounds about right. Being 2k ahead on an actual boss means the alac supp was slacking.

Untamed with an exploit that utilises all the merge upsides while also having a pet and using the untamed line is STILL not even better than fb or one of the other broken specs. thats how useless it is. anarii has 74% sic'em uptime ON UNTAMED together with working bm mods and its still not enough to outdamage a harbinger.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1